Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[Perth] Drug Diversion Program

BingoBango

Bluelighter
Hi guys

This is (meant to be) an informative post on something i'm going through right now, thought it might be better to post it after i've completed the course but chances are i'll forget it by then 8)

I recently was caught with possession of ecstasy (2 pills), cannabis (less than 15grams) and smoking implements. What happens if this occurs to you in Perth you ask? Hope this thread/post helps. Read a lot about what happens in QLD, but not much regarding Perth except for the other thread :) So here's my (developing) story.

I was fined $100 each for the cannabis infringements (ie total 200), and was made to attend a Drug Diversion Program (DDP) for ecstasy. I am a first-time offender. The DDP is 3 one hour one-on-one counselling sessions based on the drug you have been caught for, as well as drugs in general. These sessions must be taken within 30 days (but cant do it all in one day, which is what i wanted, since i took the whole day off work and all :| )

I've only attended the first one so far, which consists of the counsellor asking you general questions of your drug use. What you've tried, when you started, how often you do them, anything and everything you can think of really.

The second session (next week) consists of discussing the financial, social, family and health aspects and effects of the drug. I'll post once I've attended the session.

Again, this is an ongoing thing and i'll update as it progresses. If there's anything you want me to bring up before early next week feel free to ask me, so i can bring it to attention :)

* bump * Guess you did forget it :) Any update on how it all went?

Didnt see this post!
Is the counselling confidential ?

Pretty boring actually, thats why in the end i didnt bother with it.

in a nutshell, this counselling session isnt about telling you to stop doing drugs altogether (well it mainly is), but its all about controlling your use, if you choose to use it, which basically was what i knew already.

The counsellor tried to identify if I had any problems regarding any of the four aspects mentioned above. actually, i think legal was another aspect, which is kinda ironic since if i wasnt caught i wouldnt be there :p

He concentrated on the fact that drugs may make life more 'interesting', however they also bring their 'inconveniences', which come in the form of those aspects blah blah.

The third sesh was an evaluation of how beneficial the couselling sessions were. They were of almost no benefit to me because i knew what he knew, and he knew that i knew.

In the end i was the one asking him questions, like "how do you deal with people who deny that they have a problem, even though you have clearly identified it?" A: "They have certain procedures and methods they go through to pinpoint the problem and make it easier for the patient to understand his current situation." Going into those 4 aspects in more detail i guess.

They have patients that come in voluntarily as well, as well as people who quit/leave in rage... Splatt: I'm guessing the counselling's confidential... dont see why it wouldnt be, i'd think any counselling is confidential...

doooofus: i'm surprised anyone bothered following it... hence the negligence.