• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

music for exercising

cakehead

Bluelighter
have a reasonably regular exercise routine, nothing too heavy just 40 minutes a day give or take.

have been using mos mash up mix and some tiga stuff to get along too but in need of something else thats fairly uptempo, jolly and listenable- no schranz, haapy hardcore etc :) lol

any suggestions?

anything too trancy sends me off on one and too mellow slows me down

If you’re into a really nice groove when you working out, I’d say getting some nice house music to work too. The beat isn’t crazy fast and can actually help you set a rhythm (I used to use happy hardcore when I was running… and found that I would burn myself out)

Check out http://www.blowmedia.com/radio/index.shtml AND download any of the sets on there. I tend to just dance for a about half an hour each day, and I find that this gives me a steady beat that keeps me moving, but doesn’t wear me out quickly.

I don’t know if your like me, but I tend to try to match the BPM when ever I’m listening to music (probably from dancing), even when I’m walking I find me myself trying to land my feet on the ground with the beat.

theres always bands like fallout boy, gnarls barkley, i use ghostland observatory, but theyre just a local band here in tx, maybe you can find them..

i also like to use electronic music.. i.e dj tiesto and infectem mushroom

for running, which is my excercise of choice its more like stone sour and slipknot, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder

When I need to keep a beat, its daft punk @ coachella. Tonight it will be fela kuti.

Try some drum and bass or psytrance. Both are up tempo.

I listen to fair amount of prog/psy trance when running, music is interesting enough to keep me happy but no so invasive I lose concentration.

For when I lift weights I like to listen to hardcore bands such as poison the well, Norma Jean, As I lay dying, From a second story window. When I run I like listening to that as well or some fast trance, house.

The unseen
The casualties
Static Thouight
Time again
Lars frederickson and the bastards
u.s. roughnecks
The transplants

Right now, I am listening to "A perfect circle" (aka tool)
and I am thinking " I could definitively work out to this music" :)

egor said:
The unseen
The casualties
Static Thouight
Time again
Lars frederickson and the bastards
u.s. roughnecks
The transplants

with a fucking toaster fucking jump into a pool, if you fucking do this then you will be punk and cool!

RIOT, RIOT, RIOT, RIOT

with a fucking toaster fucking jump into a pool!

RIOT, RIOT, RIOT, RIOT

if you fucking do this then you will be punx and cool!

casualties unreleased studio version lyrics of riot no doubt.

op for some upbeat shit try extreme noise terror, napalm death and maybe a little disrupt. heavy shit id recommend catch 22 or streetlight manifesto.

It's gotta be oldschool commercial house hahaha

or 80s synth music.

nothing else says "workout" like a bit of let's get physical

"through the fire and flames" by Dragonforce is IMO the ultimate pump up song ever.

whether i'm doing cardio or lifting, this song motivates me like no other. it even makes me want to drive at dangerous speeds.

their is a comp. called ultra electro, friend of a friend introduced me to it while we were rolling.. I've been running and weightlifting to it and it def. kicks ass. really upbeat and energizing. otherwise I'll listen to tool or rage against the machine.

rollplayk said:
otherwise I'll listen to tool or rage against the machine.

yea those are good choices to.

another good workout song "Know Your Enemy" by RATM feat. Maynard of Tool

andy c night life 3 is a good cd

at the gym i work at the exercise classes listen to trance stuff. since it has a 4/4 beat and lots of builds ect..

im always singing "cant nobody take my pride, cant nobody slow me down, oh no, i got to keep on movin"...keeps me goin lol

Blind Melon -2 x 4
Blonde Redhead - 23
Fisherspooner - Emerge
Justice - D.A.N.C.E.
LCD Soundsystem - Daft Punk is Playing at My House
Daft Punk - Aerodynamite
Le Tigre - Deceptacon
M.I.A. - Bird Flu
The MGMT - Time to Pretend
Devo - Gut Feeling
ELO - Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Bungle - Goodbye Sober Day
Peter Gabriel - Steam
Queen - Bicycle Race
Spoon - My Mathematical Mind

That's a sample of one of my Workout Playlists... I need more song suggestions people!