Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 10 100.0%

• Total voters

guineaPig

Bluelighter
we need a FF7 thread mofos! its obligatory!
i try to play through this game about once a year. i know the whole soundtrack and yet im STILL not sick of it.

so.....anyone else love this game?

also, mods, change to a general final fantasy thread if this one doesnt generate enough discussion.

I remember buying a Playstation specifically for this game. It was solid from beginning to end, although still not my favorite of the FF series.

this game is ugly as sin these days. I prefer the SNES final fantasy for nostalgic gaming.

I used to think that Final Fantasy 7 was the most amazing game ever, and it was really the reason that I ever got my Playstation in the first place.

Then Final Fantasy 9 came out, and well I forgot all about cloud and the gang…

Also… I so boycott final fantasy 11, stupid online MMO’s

When this game came out I my cousin let me play it during the family Xmas party and I loved it!!! I didn't have a PS back then (I had an N64) so I only got to play it here and there so when I finally got a PS2 a few years back one of the first games I bought was FFVII. I didn't leave my room until I beat it. I still break out occasionally and play it. One of my all-time favorite games. My favorite aspects of the game are the complex storyline and the near-future, advanced technology setting was a great departure from traditional Middle Ages settings of most RPGs (although I should point out that the world in FFVI had some advanced technology as well).

Best Game Evar!

FFIII(VI) is still the undisputed king of all things Final Fantasy.

^there it is! i was waiting for that comment, which is also why i suggested this could be turned into a general Final Fantasy thread.:)

..Zombie.. said:
I used to think that Final Fantasy 7 was the most amazing game ever, and it was really the reason that I ever got my Playstation in the first place.

Then Final Fantasy 9 came out, and well I forgot all about cloud and the gang…

Also… I so boycott final fantasy 11, stupid online MMO’s

9 is shit, lol 7 is best for gameplay/storyline, if only they remade it and didn't tease us with their tech demos :(

Dude, FF7 is top notch(and so creepy!) but 6 and 12 really were the two that made me want to shit myself.

man ten did it for me. i almost failed out of fucking college. though, i try to block out X-2 (why, oh why?)

8 had to be the worst final fantasy in existance... it was boring, the graphics were too good for the playstation, which in turn made them utter shit,

spell system was retarded...

i hated final fantasy 8

and i have to agree that 7 was the best, although i havent played any of them past 9

i rushed out and bought 7 on the day it was released. meh. i only played through about 10 hours of it. i didn't like the 'job' setup with those 4 colored balls that link together or whatever. big letdown for me, it just wasn't as fun as i was hoping... FFIII the american release, that was a fun game

job setup???

you mean materia? which was one of the most innovative parts of gaming at the time?

i love the materia system, it opens up options for you to strategize.. make chars strong/weak vs elements.. add elements to their attack.. bind spells together to make yourself invincible

i maxed out 3 timers on that game.. 99 hours and managed to get 3 of every master materia

i never played 7, watched my friend play it beginning to end over a couple days tho baked out of my mind. beat 10, beat 10-2. stuck on 12, havnt picked up the controller in over two months :p

FFVIII wasn't that bad...it was just different...and the graphics at the time...insane. Now? yes...not so good.

I loved FF7, IMO there hasn't been a game that comes close to it, I tries FF8, FF9 and FF10 - this came close, but the whole blitzball thing really shit me and I found it hard to get the hang of, thus it's on my PS games shelf still uncompleted...

Final Fantasy 7 was and is the best ever. The materia system is by far the best, the storyline, epic, the characters not overly feminine like they are now, and it had just the right amount of ups and downs.

The latest FF is unplayable in my opinion. I hate the stupid glowing lines that go to the monsters and I miss random battles. That's what FF is! The summons have taken less and less of a roll in the series and that truly is sad cuz that was always the most exciting part. I remember being pissed but still satisfied at the 12 minute visual of Nights of the Round (i think that was the summons). I lost my copy but i'll pick another one up soon enough.

JerryBlunted said:
man ten did it for me. i almost failed out of fucking college. though, i try to block out X-2 (why, oh why?)
DITTO!!!!!! :D

X-2 was such a fuckin letdown. One day, I woke up having a panic attack, so I took a xanax and leveled up for 6 hours on FFX to calm down =D

I've got 12 waiting til I get my new PS2... mmmm.....