• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

5 Tibetan Rites (Exercise)

mariacallas

Bluelight Crew
I got a copy of the book :The Ancient Secret of the Fountain of Youth last year as a gift and read thru it, found it interesting, and promptly forgot about it. Fast forward to this year....a gruelling work schedule and constantly feeling tired and worn out had me thinking of my options. I was exercising 3x a week and yet I felt my body could still benefit from some other form of rejuvenation. I remembered the book and I began doing the 5 rites three weeks ago, daily. I'm amazed at the results in so fast a time...I've lost 5 lbs, I have more energy and my skin is nicer. I'm only doing each rite 7x (slowly building myself up to the 21 reps needed..) and I really feel a difference when I miss one day. Anybody else who has heard of these 5 Tibetan rites? ( i love doing it because it takes up a small chunk of my time, is super easy, and is not as complicated as a yoga or tai chi routine!)

To stay forever young is perhaps the dream of every heart. We are sharing this information in the supreme of interests and sincerely hope that humans will benefit from the practise of the five rites.

In 1985 a book entitled The Ancient Secret of the Fountain of Youth written by Peter Kelder was published which for the first time fully described an exercise program for "youthing." This is an exercise programme used by Tibetan monks to live long, vibrant and healthy lives. In fact, this book states that many have lived longer than most are capable of imagining by following the programme often called the "Five Tibetan Rites". The benefits are described in this book and a subsequent book 2 with an expanded description of the programme by the publisher entitled the Ancient Secret of the Fountain of Youth - Book 2, a companion to the original book by Peter Kelder.

The Tibetan Rites of rejuvenation are believed to have been brought to the United States of America by a British Naval officer in the 1930's CE. A "best selling book" "The Ancient Secrets of the Fountain of Youth," is about this man and his story brought information on the exercises and their rejuvenating effects to the United States of America. The exercises are thought to work on the charkas, or energy centres of the body. They help to restore the normal spin of the chakras, which in turn helps to restore vibrant health. For more information on the Tibetan Rites, their history and benefits please see the books below.

Begin with 1-5 repetitions of each exercise. Add 2 repetitions each week or as you consider yourself ready to. Work up to a total of 21 repetitions of each exercise. For greatest results perform daily.

How the Five Rites Operate
Medical professions explain the benefits based on their personal perspective. However, the majority shares the view that the rites represent a system of exercise that affects the body, emotions and mind. The Tibetans claim that these exercises activate and stimulate what are understood of as the seven key chakras that in turn stimulate all the glands of the endocrine system. The endocrine system is responsible for the body's overall functioning and aging process. This means that the Five Rites will affect the functioning of all your organs and systems, including the physical and energetic systems and that includes the aging process.

The Five Rites Programme
Many have described this program as a modified yoga program. Simply put, yoga is a science that unites the body, mind and spirit. Today this is often called Mind/ Body Healing. It is perceived that yoga was brought to Tibet from India in the 11th or 12th century CE and that Tibetan monks over time developed modified these exercises and developed an effective program of exercises that western society now refers to as the "Five Tibetan Rites". The rugged mountainous conditions these monks live in may well account for their particular emphasis on vigor. Many of the yoga exercises and practises being taught in the western world today are very new. The "Five Tibetan Rites" are exactly what the ancient Tibetans developed over many centuries of time. Therefore it is very important to do the "Five Tibetan Rites" exactly as they are presented without altering the form or sequence to achieve some of the benefits accrued to these "Rites."

Detailed instructions on how to do the 5 rites can be found here

Last edited:
^thanks for that awesome link :) That is more or less the text of the book I got as well...but mine has more "modern" photos ;)

Thanks for the links, i'll be giving them a try, hope they work even half as well as you say.

hey CC, are you still doing this? and if so, how are the results?

^Hey. I had gotten up to 12 reps a day around mid-May, than I sort of tapered off a bit for the month of June for various reasons, mainly work . I DEFINITELY feel a huge difference (I am slowly getting back at it again recently, but starting at 5 reps a day again) from when I was doing it consistently and when I stopped mainly:
1. Weight loss and just a "tighter" feeling all around
2. No sluggishness ( I have an underactive thyroid)
3. Regular period (I am very irregular....ooops sorry this is a female tidbit)

But you get my drift. It really regulated my endocrine system I suppose. I am really trying to go for the 21 reps per day but for the meantime, I am just trying to slowly and steadily build up to that.

^^awesome! :D ill have to make this a priority.

I've been doing variations on a couple of these (namely #s 2 and 5) for some time as part of my regular exercise routine. I can say that for me they create a definite feeling of increased energy flow throughout the body. It feels as though I am unblocking something.

I will do the whole routine daily for two weeks, and report back with my results.

I can say that for me they create a definite feeling of increased energy flow throughout the body. It feels as though I am unblocking something.

So so very true. Especially after I do Rite#4 I feel a considerable tingling in my neck/back area. It's awesome. :)

How about what it said about detoxifying? I've done some detox programs before, but not recently, nor do I intend to right now. What happens if you do these "full of toxins"?

Wow, I'm glad BL was actually up today and I decided to check it.

I've been interested in trying out yoga for a while now, but never took a class or looked anything up. I used to do a variation of #4 and it always felt great for my lower back, which gets stiff from running on the road.

I'm definitely going to give this a try, thanks for the link CC!

I started the five rites three days ago. So far I have an improved sense of well-being but unsure whether to attribute that to the rites or a placibo effect.

Anyone got an update on their regime?

being one with little energy I'm going to try this. Feels like it'll give you good abs too. The first one seems a little strange though. What's the benefit of spinning?

^^^According to the literature, spinning like a dervish tremendously activates and stimulates the seven key chakras simultaneously that in turn stimulate all the glands of the endocrine system. As you know, each of the remaining 4 rites are supposed to specifically affect certain chakras [ the major chakras are located at the base of the spine (Root Chakra), at the navel (Sacral Chakra), in the solar plexus (Solar Plexus Chakra), within your heart (Heart Chakra), within the throat (Throat Chakra), at the center of your forehead (Brow or Third Eye Chakra), and at the top of your head (Crown Chakra)]. Spinning is actually a good "start" before doing the rest of the exercises as it stimulates ALL the vortexes at the same time. I love doing it haha.

The Five Rites speed up the spinning of the chakras, coordinate their spin so they are in complete harmony, distribute pure prana energy to the endocrine system, and in turn to all organs and processes in the body. This is one of the major requirements for vibrant health, rejuvenation and youthfulness.

The authors provide many examples of the benefits of the "Five Tibetan Rites" including the following: looking much younger; sleeping soundly; waking up feeling refreshed and energetic; release from serious medical problems including difficulties with spines; relief from problems with joints; release from pain; better memory; arthritis relief; weight loss; improved vision; youthing instead of aging; greatly improved physical strength, endurance and vigor; improved emotional and mental health; enhanced sense of well being and harmony; and very high overall energy.

i've been doing this now steadily for the past month (I try to do it everyday but at the most I do it at least 4x a week) and I have experienced the following benefits as far as I can tell : better sleep, weight loss, enhanced sense of well being, and regular periods (like I said earlier I am very irregular.) And I'm only doing 5 reps a day ...I'm certain if I add more reps I will see even better results. (I am taking it very slow...I am thinking of adding 1 rep starting next week per week..)

I've been doing this, not every day, but majority of them.

I have noticed a few things, but I should say to becareful not to overdo step 1. I've gotten a bit dizzy a couple of times, and depending on when I'm doing it/what I've eaten, can make me feel a bit nauseated. Though, laying down for step 2 seems to help.

I haven't noticed much in the way of increased energy or anything like that, but I do feel like it has really been helping me with my posture. I feel like I'm standing straighter and I feel it's allowing to run more efficiently as well as take in air more efficiently. It feels like things are more 'lined up' and the air is flowing in and out of my body more effectively.

I've also noticed that on steps 2-4, I'll usually get a very weird type of headrush as I complete each rep. It feels like the air I'm inhaling is going straight to the top of my head and giving off more oxygen to my brain. It's not a bad feeling nor is it a great feeling, just an overall odd, buzzing sensation. Anyone else get this?

I feel like I'm definitely going to keep up with this. As I've mentioned, I notice I have better posture, and I also noticed a significant decrease in lower back pain/upper ass tightness. I feel much looser and as if I'm standing taller.

I've also noticed that on steps 2-4, I'll usually get a very weird type of headrush as I complete each rep. It feels like the air I'm inhaling is going straight to the top of my head and giving off more oxygen to my brain. It's not a bad feeling nor is it a great feeling, just an overall odd, buzzing sensation. Anyone else get this?

Yup, I feel this too. It is quite exhilarating for me...I feel like I am getting "de-clogged" is a way to describe it.

super quick and envigorating, I'm into it! doing 21 seems hard though, I'll definitley have to work up to it :)

Im currently doing repetitions of 8. Will up that to 9 tomorrow. I doe seem to have more energy for other stuff that I would normally procrastinate like mad over.

Up to 10 reps a day now. I do feel lighter with increased energy. Hows everybody else doing, have you noticed any changes in your well-being?