• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

TV: Deadliest Catch

beener21

Bluelighter
Does anyone else on here watch this show? I've been sucked into it. Kinda makes you think about really ENJOYING the crab legs you eat.. lol

i love that show, but i love alot of discovery T.V. haha, those guys make 45,000 bucks in a month or 2!

this is (imho) the best show on tv. i just ordered the first season which should arrive monday. im STOKED! cant wait.

Yeah.. i would never in a million years go out there and do that mess... I can't even deep sea fish. Never got my sea legs.. lol

Awesome show. This is supposed to be the deadliest profession in the world and I believe it.

Yeah, I've seen this. I think in one episode they reported a man overboard. Lost entirely. Those guys earn their crust.

I have watched it several times and it is pretty overwhelming at times. One of the first ever episodes I watched, one of the ships that was on earlier in the episode, sunk, and all on board were killed. That is reality TV at it's finest, not like that American Idol garbage and the Surreal Life.

ive said a million times, deadliest catch is more of a documentary show than a reality show.

did anyone see the episode last season when the one shit (i cant remember which one right now) got hit by a rogue wave and flipped on its side? they lost all power and the ship was LITERALLY on its side. it ended up righting itself and power came back on about an hour later or so. everyone ended up surviving, but the wheel house took some damage with broken windows and they lost a lot of their electrical equipment. plus a couple crew members (including the captains daughter) broke some bones. it was terrible. sad to see.

what an amazing show.

^^
Yeah.. that was in the second season.. I just watched that rerun today, actually... weird. That would have been some scurry shit...

I don't eat seafood, but if I did, I sure would be a lot more appreciative of how it is obtained.

this show makes me respect those guys SO much. they work their asses off for hours and hours, and risk their lives. i can't imagine how they feel, leaving the dock and knowing the statistics as far as how many people in their town won't make it back.

im obsessed with Discovery Channel and watch anything they put on there, but i refused to watch Deadliest Catch! how boring did it look!

but the a week ago i got sucked into watching the marathon all nite ... and LOVE it! def turns out to be a must see on my list of shows of the year.

and i missed the first season!! how sad

Last edited:
The Discovery Channel pretty much rules my tivo. This show, Dirty Jobs, Meerkat Manor, Planet Earth, Survivorman when it was on, I love DC.

I like how this year they got a few new faces, like the Wizard boat. I really think that Blake is a conceited prick and needs to get his ass handed to him soon.

Who are you all rooting for? I like Sig but his boat is so big and state of the art it doesn't really seem fair to the others. So my overall favorite is the Cornelia Marie.

I tried to get my ex-bf to go up there and work for a summer but he was afraid of the high mortality rate.

*pfft* wimp. :p

I'm all for the Northwestern. I wanna know if that dumbass deckhand who has a court date right near the end of the season will go to jail or not.

Does anyone here watch 'Deadliest Catch'? I frickin' love this show. I love the guys, they are so cool.

I'm kinda a hypocrite i guess, because I'm animal lover and i think the oceans are over-fished but people have to make money, they have to feed their kids and people have to eat.

Anyway... This is a great show. And i love the narrator-- Mike Rowe from 'Dirty Jobs'. I found out a few weeks ago that he also narrator of 'Ghost Hunters'-- Another one of my favorite shows. I know most of Ghost Hunters is probably rigged and staged but i love it anyway.

My favorite caption is Phil (Cornelia Marie). Those two sons of his are gonna give him a heart attack! I also like the captains of the Time Bandit, i forget their names right now, one of the brothers (captions) is name Andy. And my third fav would be Sig (North Western). I like Edgar, Sigs Bro... he's cool as shit.

This show has been on Discovery all weekend and even though I've seen all the episodes I sit here watching it or listening to it in the background.

It's great show. I was just wondering if anyone watched it. Maybe we could shoot the shit and talk about it in this thread.

RPG

^ mergificated with existing thread.

i used to watch this show but kind of gave up on it. for me, seen one episode, seen them all...

alasdair