Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Solo Trip Thread

Shags

Bluelighter
The Big & Dandy Solo Trip Thread

100.jpg

Also for first time users wondering about tripping alone

Discuss here tripping on your own and the differences with tripping with other people, whether they are tripping also or staying sober or acting as a guide. What are the similarities and dissimilarities with tripping in social situations or even in public? What about tripping in public?

Other possibly relevant threads:

The First-time Tripper Thread
The Set & Setting Thread

september 2009: new & mega-merged

[original post:]

why do people always say never trip alone? me personaly i love tripping alone. i think its way more intense and just a lot funner. plus when im tripping with some people i just get really anoyed at how dumb they act. cause me i think act rather normal when im tripping but some people just get plain dumb doing stupid stuff no matter what you tell them. i hate being a baby sitter so that shit pisses me off. but seriously whats everyone else's triping alone feelings like?
------------------
Shags

Last edited by a moderator:
Tripping alone the first time is unadvicable.. it's something that comes with experience I think.
When you learn to handle the drug, you can explore your inner self, and this is best accomplished by being alone.. IMO.

^
|
Agreed. Sitters are suggested for beginners and when the substance (or combination of substances) being administered is new. I trip alone often, but there are a few instances where even I (being the big psychedelic guru and all!)
wink.gif
prefer to have an experienced tripper there to aid me (DMT is one of those instances).
I find that tripping with friends, or at a party is FUN, where as tripping alone is truly introspective - you are forced to deal with only yourself and the trip can result in a much more personally significant experience.
------------------
"I dislike the drug you are using, but I would defend with my life your right to use it."
- Paraphrase on Voltaire
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."
- Dr. Johnson
"We do not sense imagination enough to sense what we are missing."
-Jean Toomer

I'm sure the story of the guy peeling off his own skin cause he thought he was an orange while tripping on LSD is completely fictious. That said, people will on occasion do some wacked out shit while under the influence of drugs (especially strong psychedelics). So, I guess the warning you mention is meant to insure there will be people around to keep a person in check should they decide to do something kooky.

well, the first time i did acid was alone in my room. I think it was one of the best ideas i have ever had. all my friends advised me otherwise, but i made up my mind to just go for it, and it was an extremely positive experience. however, i do not reccomend this for everyone. this worked out well for me because i am naturally more introverted and i have a strong sense of self, and am very grounded when i am alone. the experience gave me a lot of confidence when i realized i had basically come face to face with a complete disappearance of ego and did it completely alone. it made me a stronger person. some people would not be able to handle this however... it takes a certain attitude towards life... and you can see it in most people. some would have an impossible time with the disappearance of their ego because they rely so heavily on it... others would get through it fine because they don't have a 'symbiotic' relationship with their ego.

ya i dont mind trippin alone its not that bad
its the rollin alone thats weird
------------------
¯`·†.¸_¸.†·´¯Þ§ÿçh¤†¡çÑëµr¤§i§¯`·†.¸_¸.†·´¯

rollin alone was a great time for me twice actually... one time i took some extremely strong pills... and sat with headphones on for a while, just off my nut... i closed my eyes and was literally watching memories like they were movies.... fucking insane. the other time i just puttered around my house eating fruits and stuff like that, watched a movie, mellowed out... nice stuff... didn't have to deal with a friend goin "oh my god dude, check this out" every 5 minutes...

Solo tripping is a very valuable thing a person can do. However in general it is advised not to do this until you are experienced with the substance.
The first time I tripped alone was great, however I suspect if it were my first encounter with LSD I'd have an entirely different impression of the drug, possibly a more negative one.

I've tripped alone a few times..sometimes you start out in a group...but end up tripping by yourself anyway, in a swingset somewhere when you decide to leave the group in a paranoid fit.
you learn a lot when you are by yourself and i actually prefer it.....never thought that was normal until i came here ans saw all you doing it

yeah i agree, acid by yourself is great!
its great being in a comfortable (home) environment and i also love going for walks in the park when im off my head
Going solo on robo-trips is kickass as well

i tripped alone my first time ... in my little shoebox of a room at uni ... was very intense ... and i loved it ... i dont think any uni student knew their room as well as i did after that ... i explored EVERY square inch of that 3x3x3 meter cuber ... ;P~~~
------------------
rhythmatic movements in unison with others prolong an act of sensation with no limits or boundaries >

What I've found is that when tripping alone you don't have to deal with the energy of others around you, although this energy can be used to your advantage sometimes, such as meditation. When Tripping alone, you have to deal with your internal dialog, while with others, you can use their external dialog as your internal dialog, and thus, go on exploring inner space with your ego distracted on the thoughts that others are expressing through their vocalization.
------------------
Myth Embodies the nearest to absolute truth that can be stated in words - Ananda Coomaraswamy

I also enjoy tripping alone....It is a whole mind control thing, and over the last few years of taking it, i have learnt to control the trip and not let the trip control me. Taking it alone, I have found that if I put myself in front of the TV, and watch a couple of kiddies movies, i have the most amazing time. What I normally do though, is after a party (house or big rave) i go home, have a nice bath, and then drop some more acid.....lie in bed for a while and relax. It doesnt really get more hectic doing it that way. After a few hours get up and go to the shops, watch a movie or go sit in a park... It is amazing how much you miss when you go with friends. When you are tripping by yourself, you tend to notice more things around you than normal.....
but as i said before, i love my acid.

given a choice, i would trip alone. I've found that just not having to interact with others allows you to lose yourself in a trip at a much lower dose. The first time I took Mushrooms and AMT, I was alone, and those two first trips have been my most rewarding. My advice to people aprehensive about tripping alone is as follows:
1: let some friends know that you will be tripping tonight, and keep their numbers on speed dial.
2: make sure you have everything you will need within sight. This includes water, the phone, remotes for tv and music, opiates, ect.
3: Make sure that you are mentaly prepared for a night of serious introspection and exploration. Don't trip hours after a bad day at work, a bad breakup with yuo significant other, or a bad terrorist attack.
------------------
Don't tell your face, but I'm about to rock it: AIM - Ed_Smith_Atlas

Tripping Alone?

Yesterday I picked up a half ounce of nice mushrooms, Got rid of like 4 grams to a guy, and two friends of mine get some as well.
Me and my two friends we going to trip together later on the evening.
Just got a call from one of them saying they already tripped this morning and couldn't get a hold of me (Duh, I was sleeping)
So that sucked.
Im debating if I should just down the mush myself since I was really looking forward to it. I haven't tripped in a few months and have only done it a half dozen times before
Any suggestions?

Tripping with friends can be and is loads of fun.. BUT i find the most i've learned from tripping was by myself. Usually with mushrooms I find myself anti-social anyways so it kindof goes toegether. Of course the decision is up to you, but I'd go for it.

Ya, thats what I did, about 2 hours ago...
Id go into everything that is happening right now but id never stop typing ;/

Also....
I just feel like I have to mention this
Does anyone else really dislike the sweaty feeling on your hands?

When im tripping, i just dont like my hands in general
------------------
.... and Eazy Im still with you, fuck the beef nigga I miss you and thats just being real with you.
Dr Dre

Damnit man, you're shrooming! Get off the computer and go enjoy it! Go! Report to us later
smile.gif