PDA

View Full Version : Tramadol vs. Darvocet: Crappy Opioid Showdown!!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Ivy_bitch
11-04-2007, 02:04
Hey all!!

Yeah...we all know they both pretty much suck but please indulge my curiousity regarding the best of the worst here!! There seems to be alot of variability among peoples' perspectives. Soooo...provide your preference (tram or darv), dosages, and why (risk/reward, etc.). I'm also interested in what experiences people have had with these two in staving off WD from other opiates/oids.

Me, personally? So nice of you to ask. Darv, hands down. Especially if there's no APAP (Darvon or CWE). Takes me far less of the stuff to achieve a comparable feeling versus Tramadol. And there's no pesky seizure risk so I can save my benzos for another time (instead of using them to ward off seizures). I've never used them for withdrawal from other opiates/oids but I've heard good things about dextropropoxyphene.

On the flip side, dextropropoxyphene does fuck all for headaches where tramadol there is great, I've found.

Mods shut me down if I'm out of line (not sure if this is a survey or something against the rules).

Horray for real opiates...when you can get them...

Thanks,

Ivy

Ness
11-04-2007, 02:06
I've never hit up Tramadol before but I can't imagine a shittier opioid than Darvocet. I took a red-line dose once when I was opiate naive and it barely put a smile on my face. No pillow, no warm fuzzies, just the faintest bounce in my step.

Alfajagdflieger
11-04-2007, 03:20
I've never hit up Tramadol before but I can't imagine a shittier opioid than Darvocet. I took a red-line dose once when I was opiate naive and it barely put a smile on my face. No pillow, no warm fuzzies, just the faintest bounce in my step.
^ Everybody seems to say this... I must have weird body chemistry or something, because propoxyphene fucks me up. I used to take between 300 - 500mgs. with alcohol (btw don't do this) and was beyond fucked up (reminded of taking xanax except my whole body was numb). I don't know darvocet works for me though, and I prefer them to tramadols... hardly get a buzz off those.

OverDriven
11-04-2007, 03:24
Me, personally? So nice of you to ask. Darv, hands down. Especially if there's no APAP (Darvon or CWE). Takes me far less of the stuff to achieve a comparable feeling versus Tramadol.

Thats interesting because a CWE with Darvocet is impossible. The active ingredient is not water soluble.

the prepster
11-04-2007, 03:50
Tramadol, hands down. Neither are very good, but tramadol will take away some withdrawal symptoms, while darvocet actually makes W/D worse.
Tramadol also lasts longer.

Mind-Melt
11-04-2007, 03:56
my votes goes to tramadol.. i can get pretty high on that shit.

jasoncrest
11-04-2007, 04:24
There are only a few weak Opioids, with all the same weak potency (the potency of Codeine), I can think of 6 of these weak-as-codeine opioids:
-Codeine
-Tramadol
-Propoxyphene
-Ethylmorphine
-Mazindol
-Tilidine
Only the 3 first are common.

For me
-codeine gives me a wonderful opiate effect when I have zero tolerance
-I never felt anything from Propoxyphene, at any dosage
-I tried Tramadol 10 times, 400mg each. On these 10 trials, I felt something from Tramadol only 2 times, but damn, it was better than Codeine!

So among the weak Opioids:
-Codeine is the best
-Tramadol can be great, but too unpredictable
-Propoxyphene is really shit. I think it is surely better than Codeine for withdrawal, though.....

sonic
11-04-2007, 06:08
I think tramadol blows darvocet out of the water. For me, popping darvocet is like taking sugar pills that will kill you if you take too many. I guess it does have some use though. Darvocet can potentiate other opiates and some people find that it works alright for pain.

I find tramadol to be the best of all the crappy opioids :). Of course I prefer other opioids over it, but when I can't get anything else, tramadol is much better than nothing.

the prepster
11-04-2007, 06:32
This is a little off-topic, but I'd rather have 100mg of tramadol than 10mg of hydrocodone, anyday. This works for multiples, as well.
200mg tramadol > 20mg hydrocodone
400mg tramadol > 40mg hydrocodone

I just really hate hydrocodone... I put codeine and tramadol above hydrocodone, and I put hydrocodone over darvocet.

robatussin
11-04-2007, 06:40
My vote has to go to tramadol too. No APAP is always a good thing ;) Plus it is very available due to the non scheduled thing.

sonic
11-04-2007, 06:43
A few friends and I have noticed that taking high doses of tramadol doesn't seem to increase the positive effects such as euphoria. I find an optimal dose of tramadol to be 150mg at once, then I will take a 75mg booster 2-3 hours later. Taking 200mg or more at once usually doesn't get me very high. I just feel more of the negative side effects such as body temperature issues and nausea.

Of course everyone reacts differently, but I've talked about this in other threads and a few people have agreed with me.

MrCream
11-04-2007, 07:08
This is a little off-topic, but I'd rather have 100mg of tramadol than 10mg of hydrocodone, anyday. This works for multiples, as well.

I just really hate hydrocodone... I put codeine and tramadol above hydrocodone, and I put hydrocodone over darvocet.
Well in my experience with you, this is because you are clinically insane.

Nib
11-04-2007, 07:48

I completey agree with this actually.

malfunkshun
11-04-2007, 19:45
Hey all!!

Yeah...we all know they both pretty much suck

ok, maybe tramadol sucks for people who shoot up heroin, but in my experience i'd rather have tramadol than hydrocodone, or even morphine sulphate. tramadol gives a fucking A kick ass euphoria that lasts all day. i've done a shitload of tramadol so i know by god.

darvon can be a GREAT high if you have zero tolerance, but the duration is only about that of hydrocodone, maybe 3 hours. so Tramadol wins hands down. and its not shitty! :)

edit: and i thought propxyphene and darvon were the same. or darvocet. whatever. propoxyphene, the little red caplets, have made me feel like shit before... anxious and wired and sweaty. i just thought it was because they were old or something. they had been in my grandmas cabinet for years.

geetered
11-04-2007, 21:02
Definitely tramadol. Darvocet WILL NOT get me high. I have a tolerance of atleast 50mg of hydrocodone to get high. Last night I took 30mg of flexiral and 500mg of tramadol and like 4 beers and got a pretty damn good buzz.

p0rk_sw0rd
11-04-2007, 21:05
tramadol I guess

But I've only had it once compared to like 15+ encounters with darvocets. That one time though surprised the hell out of me. I was expecting nothing, and yeah it lasts a good while.

why propoxyphene is rx only is beyond me

RorerQuaalude714
11-04-2007, 21:16
I've never tried any propoxyphene combination (by choice), but I have tried tramadol. As far as a bottom-shelf opiate goes, it's not bad, IMO. I also find it has an edge over codeine in many cases, specifically that tramadol has a distinct mood boost largely absent in codeine.

EuPhOrIa89
12-04-2007, 03:15
a question for all....my gf has been on Darvos for prob 2 years(prescribed) and now her doc is telling her to stop. Will she experience any withdrawls?? if so how does the body act or react?? if you can give me any other insight to this please help me out. thanks in advance!

the prepster
12-04-2007, 04:07
a question for all....my gf has been on Darvos for prob 2 years(prescribed) and now her doc is telling her to stop. Will she experience any withdrawls?? if so how does the body act or react?? if you can give me any other insight to this please help me out. thanks in advance!

Do you have more info than that? Does she take them everyday? How many does she take?

InHerOwnWrite
12-04-2007, 04:07
i much prefer tramadol because, as others have pointed out, it lasts for so long, and even when you develop a tolerance to it it still seems to put you in a good mood.
sometimes propoxyphene will just annoy me, but i can always get happy on tramadol.

Jamshyd
12-04-2007, 04:13
I've never taken Propoxyphene, but I found Tramadol to be more enjoyable than hydrocodone or buprenorphine!. It is definitely not as good as H or even Morphine, but yeah... one of my favourites :).

Too bad tolerance developes really fast.

InHerOwnWrite
12-04-2007, 04:39
I've never taken Propoxyphene, but I found Tramadol to be more enjoyable than hydrocodone or buprenorphine!. It is definitely not as good as H or even Morphine, but yeah... one of my favourites :).

Too bad tolerance developes really fast.

ain't it the truth, ain't it the truth!

(perhaps obscure bugs bunny reference... doesn't matter, sentiment applies)

EuPhOrIa89
12-04-2007, 05:42
Do you have more info than that? Does she take them everyday? How many does she take?

she took 2 of them 2 times a day. i believe they had 100/650. also took Vicodin but only when she needed them. shes now Fioricet. thanks!

haribo1
12-04-2007, 05:49
Dextropropoxyphene DOES have a rather useful effect. It amplifies the effect of MDMA. I took a couple as my MDMA was wearing off and went into a fantastic buzz for a long, long time...

prhighmalrage
12-04-2007, 10:26
tramadol is absolutely a million times better than the worthless darvocet in my opinion. Propoxyphene is shitty.

jasoncrest
12-04-2007, 14:11
Propoxyphene is shitty, but unlike Codeine, it can be shot intravenously, and give quite strong effects....

Has anyone here tried to shoot Propoxyphene?
You can only shoot Propoxyphene HCL, not the Napylate salt.
All the reports of IV Propoxyphene HCL show that it is much stronger this way...

Ivy_bitch
12-04-2007, 23:44
Thats interesting because a CWE with Darvocet is impossible. The active ingredient is not water soluble.

"Dextropropoxyphene hydrochloride is a white or almost white odourless crystalline powder. It is very soluble in water, freely soluble in alcohol, soluble in acetone and chloroform, practically insoluble in ether. Store in an airtight container. Protect from sunlight."

From: http://www.medsafe.govt.nz/profs/Datasheet/c/Capadexcap.htm

Since propoxyphene is a pretty good local anesthetic, you can feel a slight numbness in your mouth when you drink the solution.

The consensus seems to be that people prefer tramadol. Maybe I prefer propoxyphene because my tramadol tolerance is high. I somehow doubt this to be the case, however, since there is likely to be some cross-tolerance between these two.

Wish I had real opiates :(

dbailey11
13-04-2007, 00:33
I have to take megadoses of either to get right. But high tram doses (over 400mgs) have potential to trigger seizures. I never got a seizure but was uncomfortably shaky in my legs and neck. So on that note I'd have to go with propoxyphene. But then again high doses of that tend tp make me really nauseus. And that fucking ruins the high (if you really wanna call it that).

sonic
13-04-2007, 00:36
^ Both darvocet and tramadol are really toxic in high doses. The APAP in darvocet is bad for your liver, and darvocet can cause significant CNS depression even though it doesn't get you high. Many people have died from overdosing on darvocet.

Ivy_bitch
13-04-2007, 00:38
^ Both darvocet and tramadol are really toxic in high doses. The APAP in darvocet is bad for your liver, and darvocet can cause significant CNS depression even though it doesn't get you high. Many people have died from overdosing on darvocet.

Now THAT'S really crappy...

dbailey11
13-04-2007, 00:40
That's why this is the Crappy Opiate/Opioid Showdown Thread. They both pretty much blow.

Sgt. Stadanko
13-04-2007, 01:01
Nah man don't rip on trams.. They're just so handy (no APAP extraction with Ultram) and pretty easy to obtain. The Serotogenic action also makes me feel very pleasant!!!

dbailey11
13-04-2007, 01:31
They're ok with a benzo.

WarmHappyBlanket
13-04-2007, 01:41
i like tramadol better than darvo's
darvo's just make me feel like i cant fuckin breathe and give me really bad anxiety when i smoke pot on em
tramadol is great if i'm in w/d but thats about it

the prepster
13-04-2007, 02:40
^ I love your avatar.

designed_reality
13-04-2007, 02:43
i just took 300mg's of propoxyphene in the middle of day two of withdrawl(s) and i feel like a golden god. it actually feels more euphoric than a dose of 60mg hydrocodone (i could be lying and tricking myself)

good to see you again jc.....

nightworrier
13-04-2007, 04:30
Last night I had real bad pain n tried some tram it worked well got rid of all pain but this morning I wake up now in pain again but all tremors n anxious n feel like chuckin. Is that the Tram or is it just me? Yeah I know this is in the wrong place but I didnt want to make a whole thread on it.

Ace123
14-04-2007, 01:22
Tramadol is an good pharm on it's own, but with a Soma chaser, it's fucking amazing. You feel like your floating physically and your in a waking dream world mentally. Quite Euphoric, extreeeemely relaxing, and possibly spiritual provided you stay consciece and focused. Soma is a great sleep med on its own but with a tram you expirience a whole 'nother level relaxation and dream exploration.

Be extremely careful when mixing meds and contact your doctor immediatly should shitty side effects occur. Should you mix, always start small and slowly work your way up until you find a comfortable dose. Have an unatural amount of fun, but BE SAFE.

dbailey11
14-04-2007, 01:28
Tramadol+Soma= good times! I guess two lamos on their own put together can get you fucked!!!

rebo
14-04-2007, 08:27
I prefer the tramadol. Minimal withdrawals, and actual pleasant feeling, and you don't feel like every cell in your body is going to heave on tramadol. Fucking hate propoxyphene.....

Virtuoso
13-05-2007, 10:20
"Dextropropoxyphene hydrochloride is a white or almost white odourless crystalline powder. It is very soluble in water, freely soluble in alcohol, soluble in acetone and chloroform, practically insoluble in ether. Store in an airtight container. Protect from sunlight."

From: http://www.medsafe.govt.nz/profs/Datasheet/c/Capadexcap.htm

Since propoxyphene is a pretty good local anesthetic, you can feel a slight numbness in your mouth when you drink the solution.

The consensus seems to be that people prefer tramadol. Maybe I prefer propoxyphene because my tramadol tolerance is high. I somehow doubt this to be the case, however, since there is likely to be some cross-tolerance between these two.

Wish I had real opiates :(

The active in Darvocet is Propoxyphene Napthylate or whatever, not the HCl salt. Not soluable.

Harumscxarum
13-05-2007, 10:25
I found a full bottle of tramadol in my moms closet last year. Something like 200 pills. Before I started on the bottle I wondered "why would no one finish these"

Well, It's clear now. Tramadol or Traumadol as I like to call It is the worste bs excuse for anything. If they could fit inside a bb gun they would be shit for bullets because they suck at doing whatever you want them to do. I took like 8 of them and all I got was a preordered seizure that arrived missing all the pieces.

If you're ever in a nice chair or new bed and sitting there thinking "I'm too comfortable...my skin feels like It's suppose to be here." just take some tramadol and a wave of uncomfort will jump on your back like a wild monkey with a knife and a nicotine addiction

Juturna
13-05-2007, 20:41
Tramadol, though it deals me some temporary erectile dysfunction at the worst possible times.

OxyCon10
13-05-2007, 20:58
fuck propoxyphene... if u take to much u stop breathing. i always preferred tramadol. but i think tramadol should be a controlled substance. the withdrawals from tramadol can sometimes be just as bad as coming off vicodin!

Ivy_bitch
13-05-2007, 23:11
The active in Darvocet is Propoxyphene Napthylate or whatever, not the HCl salt. Not soluable.

I CWE'd the HCl salt. Worked great.

enoughorangejuice?
16-05-2007, 08:12
anyone ever take tramadol during opiate W/D's while on an SSRI (lexapro specifically) ?

TruthSpeaker1
16-05-2007, 08:29
Tramadol, is it more potent and it feels so much better.

Darvs are too weak, they are about the size of a horse pill and many is needed to catch a buzz.

At least tramadol are small :)

sonic
16-05-2007, 08:32
It's official. Tramadol wins.

bromance
16-05-2007, 08:39
Tramadols are definitely better. I can catch a really nice buzz off of Tramadols, feel happy, and they last a long time. It's a subtle, in the background kind of feeling too. Darvocets just made me feel like shit and pass out for long periods of time.

MDPVagrant
16-05-2007, 08:43
Tramadol has got to win this one... yeah, it's shitty compared to almost any other opiate, but if you don't compare & just enjoy it for what it is, it can be cool (particularly once the active metabolite builds up some). Not sure I would say the same thing for Darvocet.

Re: tramadol withdrawals, true... probably easier to taper off of than other opiates tho, cuz you know it's not gonna get you very high in the first place. People sometimes use kratom for tapering off other opiates, but I swear kratom is more potent than tramadol... might as well just use tramadol.

Well, It's clear now. Tramadol or Traumadol as I like to call It is the worste bs excuse for anything. If they could fit inside a bb gun they would be shit for bullets because they suck at doing whatever you want them to do. I took like 8 of them and all I got was a preordered seizure that arrived missing all the pieces.
Yep, it's not for someone like you with no patience whatsoever. One of tramadol's metabolites is the primary opiate, so taking smaller amounts over a longer period is the way to go.