• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Tramadol vs. Darvocet: Crappy Opioid Showdown!!

I've never had tramadol but I have eaten a handful of darvon at once and not only did I not get high but it didn't even do anything for the headache I had. The excedrine I took an hour later was more effective. I can't imagine anything could be more worthless

Tramadol is a wonderful, perfect, therapeutic high. It really is the best of the best.

Yeah, tramadol is a really underrated drug. Many people who have never tried it will carry on about how much it sucks, but I don't agree at all. I think that if you have a really high opiate tolerance then tramadol isn't going to help you much, but if your tolerance is in check you can get desirable opiate-like effects from tramadol. Maybe this drug has had a bad reputation over the years because it acts as a weak SSRI and SNRI along with being an opiate agonist. I think tramadol has the ability to produce somewhat of an enjoyable effect. It is nothing in comparison to any semi-synthetic opiate, but it's still better than darvocet and codeine IMO.

i like tramadol alot and have for a good 5 years now. of course heroin or oxycontin are better, but i would rather have tramadol instead of codeine, darvocet, or hydrocodone. i think it produces a good high but most of the time i cant sleep well on it, i toss and turn and never really sleep, but IMO its worth it. its something i like to take when nothing is available or im just bored and wanna catch a little buzz.

So my friend gave me a bunch of the 100/650 darv. I almost didnt even take them due to their worthlessness, but i was board tonight so i thought i give these suckers a shot since ive never tried them. Took 6 tabs which kept me in the clear at 3900mg apap, and gave me 600mg of propoxyphene. We'll see how it goes against my existing opioid tolerance

sure tramadol!

though tramadol has quite a primitive high, much less euphoric than codeine (for me), it works. it can get you high, and can take away all w\d symptoms.

propoxyphene is just a bit better for aches than ibuprophen, i think i did feel something on 400mg of it, but it was too poor to even compare to tramadol.

i don't know if propoxyphene and dextropropoxyphene are different things or not, but here we have pills that say 40mg propoxyphene hcl, and another pills that say 30mg d-propoxyphene (napsylate, i think) from the propoxyphene pills i can feel an effect, from the d-propoxyphene ones, hell not.

btw tramadol is the opioid that quite lost his magic and continued to loose it as i walked down by the opiates path, while all other related substances remained the same.

Last edited:
Ivy_bitch said:
"Dextropropoxyphene hydrochloride is a white or almost white odourless crystalline powder. It is very soluble in water, freely soluble in alcohol, soluble in acetone and chloroform, practically insoluble in ether. Store in an airtight container. Protect from sunlight."

i'll second that. i did CWE on propoxyphene hcl, once with 400mg, and once with 640mg, and i got very slight methadone like effects for a few hours.

Mo-ez said:
in india though, propoxyhene is as popular as heroin....it has something to do with how indian ppl have less of a certain enzyme in their bodies to breakdown the chemical...funny huh

In India, they shoot it though (they still get the Propoxyphene HCL water-soluble version, not the anti-abuse salt Propoxyphene Napsylate).

It is said to be much stronger and actually really enjoyable IV....

so maybe to call this topic ''propoxyphene hcl vs. tramadol'' will be more reasonabe?!

still tramadol will win hands down for me, though the hcl salt does has effect and does helps w\d's.

the napsylate is just compareble to declofenac lolz.

yea at least darvocet never gave me a full fucking tonic-clonic seizure

fuck tramadol

^ Yeah, to those prone to seizures they should stay the fuck away from tramadol. It does suck in that regard. Don't get me wrong, I don't think tramadol is a great drug by any means, I just think it's been somewhat underrated on BL over the years because people who haven't even tried it would preach on about how useless it was because they read someone else's opinion. Of course there were some knowledgeable BLers/mods who gave tramadol a chance and hated it, but most of those people had a very high opiate tolerance. If you're shooting massive amount of H every day or if it takes you 200mg of oxy to get high, then tramadol IS useless.

As to whether or not tramadol is actually an opioid, it depends on your definition. It does have a binding affinity to opiate receptors, so I would consider it a synthetic drug with opioid properties (along with weak SSRI/SNRI properties). The U.S. government claims tramadol is "non-narcotic" just because it is legal and unscheduled.

Well so many people are dissing darvocet and i really cant see why. When i had the access i took 6 the first time. I cant even begin too tell you how much euphoria i had, it was perfect. But i didnt know what apap meant (is acetominophen) and i took 6 the next day and had too go home from school i was throwing up so much. either way darvocet is a pretty nice drug :). And for me darvo. and hydro are about the same for me. codiene is alright i guess when you chug a half bottle of codiclear, but the comedown sucks

Propoxyphene For The Win

Last edited:
tramadol just gives me a headache and makes me sweat like i'm in hell. so propoxyphene easily.

sonic said:
^ Yeah, to those prone to seizures they should stay the fuck away from tramadol. It does suck in that regard. Don't get me wrong, I don't think tramadol is a great drug by any means, I just think it's been somewhat underrated on BL over the years because people who haven't even tried it would preach on about how useless it was because they read someone else's opinion. Of course there were some knowledgeable BLers/mods who gave tramadol a chance and hated it, but most of those people had a very high opiate tolerance. If you're shooting massive amount of H every day or if it takes you 200mg of oxy to get high, then tramadol IS useless.

As to whether or not tramadol is actually an opioid, it depends on your definition. It does have a binding affinity to opiate receptors, so I would consider it a synthetic drug with opioid properties (along with weak SSRI/SNRI properties). The U.S. government claims tramadol is "non-narcotic" just because it is legal and unscheduled.

yea even though I can't use it I do have a good amount of friends who indeed enjoy it - they say it's nothing to write home about, but that it compliments other drugs nicely

why is it tramadol will get one person very high and and do next to nothing for another?

For me, tramadol at doses under 200mg does nothing. In order to even get the smallest inkling of an opiod feeling high I need to take 400mg. 600mg for me feels like a 10mg hydrocodone dose with less euphoria.

I've gone up to a full gram of tramadol and didnt get any higher than that 600mg dose and fear of the seizure side effect kept me from going any higher dose wise.

i would rather have some darvs then tramadol any day of the week...and tramadol over hydrocodone? insanity for me at least, i remember taking 500+ mg of tramadol with almost no opiate tolerance and feeling absolutely nothing, while i took 500 mg of darvs the other week and killed my wds and made me pretty mellow and my tolerance is 10x what it was when i had those tramadol. however i find any mild opiate to work well on wds and codeine to work the best, totally kills the aches and pains in my legs and keeps me mellow instead of pissed off

I love tramadol. I am not opiate naive. Even when I have a high tolerance to H / oxy, I can get a buzz off low doses of Ultram ie 150mgs. I guess I am one of the lucky ones.

I have only gotten a buzz off of Darvocet once, when I was younger (about 17 yrs old). I took 3 of the pink darvocets (don't know mgs) and felt pretty good. Tried it a coupkle of times to get rid of WDs and it did NOTHING

For me, Ultram wins hands down.

Tramadol might not be the ultimate opioid for the heroin-nod thrill seekers, but it makes for an excellent antidepressant, the most effective one at that.

Its varied mechanism of function is instantaneous (unlike all other ADs), and relieves endogenous serotonergic, endorphin, noradrenalin and gaba defficiencies in the perfect ratio all at once, making it the best all-around "happy-pill". It's sort of like a mix of low amounts of MDMA, oxy, clonazepam (tramadol is great for anxiety) making for a unique pleasurable and long-lasting (4-6 hours) experience with 1 300 mg dose in my case (and Im a heavyweight, on the scale and drugwise).

People always get on these drugs for being crappy, but darvocet is one of the few drugs that was always better then vicodin for me. regular vics that is. 12 darvocets put me into a beautiful opiate high, whereas 12 vicodin makes me slightly queesy and sedated. Weird, I know.

tramadol is not even the worst though, talwin nx is. i have NO IDEA how anyone can enjoy talwin. maybe when the naxolone free versio is injected? I had talwin nx oral, and it was not even an opiate to me... tramadol beats talwin nx any day of the week.