• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Tramadol vs. Darvocet: Crappy Opioid Showdown!!

Ivy_bitch said:
"Dextropropoxyphene hydrochloride is a white or almost white odourless crystalline powder. It is very soluble in water, freely soluble in alcohol, soluble in acetone and chloroform, practically insoluble in ether. Store in an airtight container. Protect from sunlight."

From: http://www.medsafe.govt.nz/profs/Datasheet/c/Capadexcap.htm

Since propoxyphene is a pretty good local anesthetic, you can feel a slight numbness in your mouth when you drink the solution.

The consensus seems to be that people prefer tramadol. Maybe I prefer propoxyphene because my tramadol tolerance is high. I somehow doubt this to be the case, however, since there is likely to be some cross-tolerance between these two.

Wish I had real opiates :(

The active in Darvocet is Propoxyphene Napthylate or whatever, not the HCl salt. Not soluable.

I found a full bottle of tramadol in my moms closet last year. Something like 200 pills. Before I started on the bottle I wondered "why would no one finish these"

Well, It's clear now. Tramadol or Traumadol as I like to call It is the worste bs excuse for anything. If they could fit inside a bb gun they would be shit for bullets because they suck at doing whatever you want them to do. I took like 8 of them and all I got was a preordered seizure that arrived missing all the pieces.

If you're ever in a nice chair or new bed and sitting there thinking "I'm too comfortable...my skin feels like It's suppose to be here." just take some tramadol and a wave of uncomfort will jump on your back like a wild monkey with a knife and a nicotine addiction

Tramadol, though it deals me some temporary erectile dysfunction at the worst possible times.

fuck propoxyphene... if u take to much u stop breathing. i always preferred tramadol. but i think tramadol should be a controlled substance. the withdrawals from tramadol can sometimes be just as bad as coming off vicodin!

Virtuoso said:
The active in Darvocet is Propoxyphene Napthylate or whatever, not the HCl salt. Not soluable.

I CWE'd the HCl salt. Worked great.

Tramadol, is it more potent and it feels so much better.

Darvs are too weak, they are about the size of a horse pill and many is needed to catch a buzz.

At least tramadol are small :)

Tramadols are definitely better. I can catch a really nice buzz off of Tramadols, feel happy, and they last a long time. It's a subtle, in the background kind of feeling too. Darvocets just made me feel like shit and pass out for long periods of time.

Tramadol has got to win this one... yeah, it's shitty compared to almost any other opiate, but if you don't compare & just enjoy it for what it is, it can be cool (particularly once the active metabolite builds up some). Not sure I would say the same thing for Darvocet.

Re: tramadol withdrawals, true... probably easier to taper off of than other opiates tho, cuz you know it's not gonna get you very high in the first place. People sometimes use kratom for tapering off other opiates, but I swear kratom is more potent than tramadol... might as well just use tramadol.
Harumscxarum said:
Well, It's clear now. Tramadol or Traumadol as I like to call It is the worste bs excuse for anything. If they could fit inside a bb gun they would be shit for bullets because they suck at doing whatever you want them to do. I took like 8 of them and all I got was a preordered seizure that arrived missing all the pieces.
Yep, it's not for someone like you with no patience whatsoever. One of tramadol's metabolites is the primary opiate, so taking smaller amounts over a longer period is the way to go.

Last edited:
Also I might add that tramadol is a mild SRI. The nice buzz people are talking about is a very mild serotonin buzz.

It also can be prescribed as an anti anxiety.

So it's a very light sri, anti-anxiety and opioid in one.

in india though, propoxyhene is as popular as heroin....it has something to do with how indian ppl have less of a certain enzyme in their bodies to breakdown the chemical...funny huh

I think Tramadol is far superior than Darvocet - no APAP is a very good thing.

Never done tramadol, never will. I've heard too many serotonin syndrome stories, and since I take an SSRI its out of the question. I love how some idiots say tramadol is an opiate, its not at all... I personally am desperate to get anything right now. I havent taken opiates in a few days, and I know 300 mg of darvocet would definitly give me a good buzz (along with the placebo effect heheh). The biggest problem with it is of course the bad apap ratio (10-65mg) and the fact that it has no effect for people with high tolerance. People say that the amount you need to get high is "red line" but thats only because darvocet isnt supposed to be taken in such doses. The most I have ever taken is 350 mg, and usually when I took that dose I would do 250 and add 100 2-3 hrs later. 400 mg is the limit. If you dont get euphoria from 400 mg of propoxyphene-n than obviously your tolerance is too high for you to take that drug, so its useless FOR YOU but for others like me who tend to build tolerance very slowly, it can give a nice unique buzz. So dont go knocking it down just because you cant get high from it. I have been a prescription opiate junkie for 2 and 1/2 years now, with a few breaks and ups and downs. I think the same can be said for other opiates as well. If you dont get a good buzz from 300 mg of codeine, than you just cant do the drug anymore, period. With hydrocodone, any more than 50-60 mg is just wasteful. Upgrade to oxycodone and give that vicodin to someone who needs it!

I just took 300 mg of pro. about 15 mins ago and I can already feel my urge for hydrocodone subsiding. It always gives me this almost low dose benzodiazephene feeling, where its more sedation and dizzyness than euphoria. That dizzyness is the only real side effect I have ever known, but since I will be sitting on my computer all day it wont have much negative effect. Well anyways I just want people to know that IF your tolerance to opiates is low enough, propoxyphene can make a fun day especially if marijuana is involved :).

Harumscxarum said:
I found a full bottle of tramadol in my moms closet last year. Something like 200 pills. Before I started on the bottle I wondered "why would no one finish these"

If you're ever in a nice chair or new bed and sitting there thinking "I'm too comfortable...my skin feels like It's suppose to be here." just take some tramadol and a wave of uncomfort will jump on your back like a wild monkey with a knife and a nicotine addiction

i feel sorry for you because apparently your body doesn't like that molecule. tramadol has been just about the best high i've ever experienced. extreme euphoria and long lasting.

also, you might have taken too much. if your tolerance is low, 2-4 will do you.

TMoney11111 said:
I love how some idiots say tramadol is an opiate, its not at all...

Its not technically an opiate, its an opioid. And yes, it is an opioid, you like it or not; dont let the fact that it is unscheduled fool you. Some people get a very nice buzz from Tramadol, and I have read even people who prefer it rather than Codeine or Hydrocodone.
Once Tramadol becomes O-Desmethyl, it becomes a really nice opioid that feels really really pleasurable in high doses, add the SSRI effect, and a benzo or some downer, and you will be able to nod really hard. You just have to be patient for the O-Desmethylation.

I love tramadol, and like you were saying, would defintely rank it above hydrocodone or codeine for sure.

TMoney11111 said:
Never done tramadol, never will. I've heard too many serotonin syndrome stories, and since I take an SSRI its out of the question.

i used to take prozac, i railed tramadol on a few occasions while i was on it... oops. didnt die though

tramadol is cool because it comes in small pills with lots of mg's, not a lot of filler, good for blowing after a few percs. ive only taken darvocet once, i think 4 pills (no idea what the ratio was). i was already high (pot) and that was enough to mask any effect the darvocet had, never felt it kick in. no tolerance at that time.

Tramadol, hands down. Darvocet is so shitty I can't believe it's even scheduled. The only time I got anything resembling a true opiate high from propoxyphene was taking 1,600mg, which was dangerous as fuck and made me feel poisoned. But I was euphoric enough that it didn't much matter. I'm prescribed Tramadol, 300mg a day. It has had the most effect for the longest amount of time compared to other painkillers. Took a while to get a tolerance, and I still feel it when I take it. Tramadol is by no means a shitty drug!