• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Tramadol vs. Darvocet: Crappy Opioid Showdown!!

I've never taken Propoxyphene, but I found Tramadol to be more enjoyable than hydrocodone or buprenorphine!. It is definitely not as good as H or even Morphine, but yeah... one of my favourites :).

Too bad tolerance developes really fast.

Jamshyd said:
I've never taken Propoxyphene, but I found Tramadol to be more enjoyable than hydrocodone or buprenorphine!. It is definitely not as good as H or even Morphine, but yeah... one of my favourites :).

Too bad tolerance developes really fast.

ain't it the truth, ain't it the truth!

(perhaps obscure bugs bunny reference... doesn't matter, sentiment applies)

the prepster said:
Do you have more info than that? Does she take them everyday? How many does she take?

she took 2 of them 2 times a day. i believe they had 100/650. also took Vicodin but only when she needed them. shes now Fioricet. thanks!

Dextropropoxyphene DOES have a rather useful effect. It amplifies the effect of MDMA. I took a couple as my MDMA was wearing off and went into a fantastic buzz for a long, long time...

tramadol is absolutely a million times better than the worthless darvocet in my opinion. Propoxyphene is shitty.

Propoxyphene is shitty, but unlike Codeine, it can be shot intravenously, and give quite strong effects....

Has anyone here tried to shoot Propoxyphene?
You can only shoot Propoxyphene HCL, not the Napylate salt.
All the reports of IV Propoxyphene HCL show that it is much stronger this way...

OverDriven said:
Thats interesting because a CWE with Darvocet is impossible. The active ingredient is not water soluble.

"Dextropropoxyphene hydrochloride is a white or almost white odourless crystalline powder. It is very soluble in water, freely soluble in alcohol, soluble in acetone and chloroform, practically insoluble in ether. Store in an airtight container. Protect from sunlight."

From: http://www.medsafe.govt.nz/profs/Datasheet/c/Capadexcap.htm

Since propoxyphene is a pretty good local anesthetic, you can feel a slight numbness in your mouth when you drink the solution.

The consensus seems to be that people prefer tramadol. Maybe I prefer propoxyphene because my tramadol tolerance is high. I somehow doubt this to be the case, however, since there is likely to be some cross-tolerance between these two.

Wish I had real opiates :(

I have to take megadoses of either to get right. But high tram doses (over 400mgs) have potential to trigger seizures. I never got a seizure but was uncomfortably shaky in my legs and neck. So on that note I'd have to go with propoxyphene. But then again high doses of that tend tp make me really nauseus. And that fucking ruins the high (if you really wanna call it that).

^ Both darvocet and tramadol are really toxic in high doses. The APAP in darvocet is bad for your liver, and darvocet can cause significant CNS depression even though it doesn't get you high. Many people have died from overdosing on darvocet.

sonic said:
^ Both darvocet and tramadol are really toxic in high doses. The APAP in darvocet is bad for your liver, and darvocet can cause significant CNS depression even though it doesn't get you high. Many people have died from overdosing on darvocet.

Now THAT'S really crappy...

That's why this is the Crappy Opiate/Opioid Showdown Thread. They both pretty much blow.

Last edited:
Nah man don't rip on trams.. They're just so handy (no APAP extraction with Ultram) and pretty easy to obtain. The Serotogenic action also makes me feel very pleasant!!!

i like tramadol better than darvo's
darvo's just make me feel like i cant fuckin breathe and give me really bad anxiety when i smoke pot on em
tramadol is great if i'm in w/d but thats about it

i just took 300mg's of propoxyphene in the middle of day two of withdrawl(s) and i feel like a golden god. it actually feels more euphoric than a dose of 60mg hydrocodone (i could be lying and tricking myself)

good to see you again jc.....

Last night I had real bad pain n tried some tram it worked well got rid of all pain but this morning I wake up now in pain again but all tremors n anxious n feel like chuckin. Is that the Tram or is it just me? Yeah I know this is in the wrong place but I didnt want to make a whole thread on it.

Tramadol is an good pharm on it's own, but with a Soma chaser, it's fucking amazing. You feel like your floating physically and your in a waking dream world mentally. Quite Euphoric, extreeeemely relaxing, and possibly spiritual provided you stay consciece and focused. Soma is a great sleep med on its own but with a tram you expirience a whole 'nother level relaxation and dream exploration.

Be extremely careful when mixing meds and contact your doctor immediatly should shitty side effects occur. Should you mix, always start small and slowly work your way up until you find a comfortable dose. Have an unatural amount of fun, but BE SAFE.

Tramadol+Soma= good times! I guess two lamos on their own put together can get you fucked!!!

I prefer the tramadol. Minimal withdrawals, and actual pleasant feeling, and you don't feel like every cell in your body is going to heave on tramadol. Fucking hate propoxyphene.....