• CD Moderators: Thomas Davie | Darksidesam | Madness
  • Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Marijuana Tea

Wonder

Bluelighter
I have a stem collection as I being an avid smoker get a lot of stems, I've heard you can bake with them or make them into tea. I've also heard that there is the possibility of alcohol extraction. If so how many grams of stem would I need and how would I go about doing this thanks :)

Stem+vodka leave till vodka is green and tastes like bud/stem. Drink. Good stuff

I dont think steeping them in only hot water is enough to activate the THC. Something fatty (like milk) or alcohol is needed to the THC has something to bind to. THC is not water soluble.

I am a true believer in getting all of the use out of my favorite plant. I read on this site about making the pot + vodka or "Green Dragon" as I like to call it. I have made it several different times and I am sure that I get better at it every time. I read that you could use higher proof alcohols to make the process take less time. I read that you could "sub boil" the batch to shorten the time also. So I made batches with Everclear that I just aged for about a month. The result, YUCK!!!! I hate everclear that just tastse aweful! But I got the right kind of buzz. But too much alcohol kind of defeats the purpose right? So I tried it a few more times with a couple other higher proofs like Bac 151. Golden Grain. just to improve flavor and make up for a shortage in stem donations. The next couple of times I lowered the proof even more to 99. I made a batch with this stuff called 99 apples and 99 bananas. The problem there was that the alcohol was kind of thick I guess so I opted for the "sub boil" approach. The result was a very tasty drink that had didnt have too much of that alcohol bite, but a little more than the average drink. The last batch I made was actually consumed two days ago. I made it the old standard way with regular vodka just like the orginal instructions would say. I upgraded the straining device from coffee filters to cheesecloth and it was the easiest batch I made. The flavor wasnt that bad either and the alcohol content was standard. So anyways I'm pretty baked right now. I have years of built up urges to post justy pouring out now. You can see I just became a member. It feels good to get my ideas out instead of just reading everyone elses.

Wonder asks: "there is the possibility of alcohol extraction. If so how many grams of stem would I need, and how would I go about doing this?"

How many Grams?
As few (or as many) as you want.

Take the Stems, toss them into a old Mayo jar.
Pour in a couple OZ of Booze (I like Peach Schnapps).
Let it sit there for a few days.
Strain-out the stems.
Drink the Booze.
Zoom, zoom, zoom.

MAN! I can't beleive I have just been chewing thoes things. I have to start putting my stems aside!

if you want to make marijuana,hashish or bhang tea then the easiest way ive found is to 1st acquire or make some decent hashish or quality oil,then make a warm tea and add full fat cream and your hashish.....and done...!!!

otherwise use TFSE like the rest of us have to and learn /teach yourself how to do extractions etc

Actually ask anybody who has acutally DONE IT, I personally havent but I know for a certain fact that Hashish, unlike Cannabis CAN be eaten RAW and it has devastating effects. There are many stories in folk culture about this as well such as the Hashish Assasins and the Hashish Eaters and all that suff. In other words eating weed and weed parts doesn't do anything UNLESS you prepare it with butter and YOU HAVE TO KNOW HOW TO PREPARE IT. Now with Hashish you can just weight out a gram and chew it up raw and get the same effects as if you would have cooke with hasish. Plus cooking with hashish kind of defeats its purpose, while you could eat hash and get an effect, you could get the same effects cooking with it too.

ombladon said:
Actually ask anybody who has acutally DONE IT, I personally havent but I know for a certain fact that Hashish, unlike Cannabis CAN be eaten RAW and it has devastating effects. There are many stories in folk culture about this as well such as the Hashish Assasins and the Hashish Eaters and all that suff. In other words eating weed and weed parts doesn't do anything UNLESS you prepare it with butter and YOU HAVE TO KNOW HOW TO PREPARE IT. Now with Hashish you can just weight out a gram and chew it up raw and get the same effects as if you would have cooke with hasish. Plus cooking with hashish kind of defeats its purpose, while you could eat hash and get an effect, you could get the same effects cooking with it too.

Actually NO you are wrong!!!!and seen as i have made and consumed tea quite a few times before i think id no if it works or not!!!:p
your statements are somewhat untrue and misleading..!
Marijuana or more importantly THC is fat soluble so yes cooking it in butter is 1 option,but by no means the ONLY option!cooking oil can also be used or any other type of fat,or an extraction can be done using alcohol!!!and seen as full fat cream has heaps of fat in it THC is soluble,making the hashish more readily available!
Also the original poster was asking about tea specifically so if you havent made or consumed i fail to see how your opinion is relevant!8(

really though. for stems, unless you have a few donors (I do) its going to take you a while to build em up. So my best advice is to get a bottle and fill it a quarter way up with vodka and whatever stems you have (i prefer to grind them in a coffee grinder to give more surface area for thc to be absorbed) and then add as you collect. when you feel there is enough stem/alcohol ratio you can add more alcohol and keep adding stems.

ombladon said:

Im no expert but i know you are incorrect. Ive ate around two grams of just buds, unprepaired, and i DID feel it.... ALOT. It took an hour or two for it to kick in but when it did i felt different, not like a regular high at all. I loved it =D

Could one not use milk, and have the milk (fatty) absorb the THC, then spike a nice tasting tea with your weedmilk?

That sounds like it could be good if it worked. I guess simmer the milk with the bud or stems. Probably buttermilk though for higher fat I would assume. Or it may not be so bad to use 1%

Czar420 said:
That sounds like it could be good if it worked. I guess simmer the milk with the bud or stems. Probably buttermilk though for higher fat I would assume. Or it may not be so bad to use 1%
Yeah 2% or even cream would be fine. Nice way to spike coffee too. :)

You've just inspired me for my next project. I suppose I'll dedicate my next stems to that. That will be something totally new for my girlfiend and I. We are both religious about our cofee too as well as bud. Sounds like a win-win for my work mornings.

KingSuper said it absolutely correct: "I've ate around two grams of just buds, unprepared, and i DID feel it.... ALOT."

I have discussed this phenomenon before: "Activating the THC."

What this process actually is, is: "Convert the Carboxyl-THC into THC."
This Carboxyl form of THC is NOT Psychoactive (so it's good to get less of it).

When Pot is NOT dry, the moisture holds a lot of the Carboxyl-THC in it.
As it dries, Carbon Dioxide and water vapor are given off, as the Carboxyl-acid molecules degrade into pure THC.

If a person is smoking (or vaporizing), the heat of the process (i.e., the cherry of the Joint) quickly evaporates (dries) the Pot ahead of it. Therefore, the smoker gets all THC (and NO Carboxyl-THC).

However, when a person is Extracting the THC, the Pot must be dried BEFORE the Extraction process begins. This allows the Pot to "Activate." My Extraction motto: Less Carboxyl = More THC = More FUN.

This "Activating" should be done before ANY type of Extraction (into Butter, into Alcohol, or even with Butane)
A little dry-ness now is worth more THC later. It's a Good thing.

The same is True for KingSuper. He starts with pretty-dry Pot, and wolfs it down. The THC (and other Cannabinoids) happily digest "down there" . . . just like a CannaButter brownie. Mmm, Mmm, Good.

Last edited:
willow11 said:
Stem+vodka leave till vodka is green and tastes like bud/stem. Drink. Good stuff
A friend of mine makes Skittles vodka. Let a couple packs of skittles dissolve in vodka, and it makes it super tasty apparently. I suggested dropping a few grams of pure crystal in for some added kick, but I dont think hes made another batch yet.

Guys....I need to ask you something;
How many grams (aproximatley) of stems do you guys usually use?
1.For tea?
2.For cannabis alcohol?

As well, what alcohol do you use (rather prefer to be told in percentages rather than in proofs since I live in Canada...though I know that "PROOF" is exactly divided by 2 and you get the "PERCENTAGE" per bottle of alcohol.

I want to use an alcoholic beverage that is strong enough to make for a proper cannabis/alcoholic beverage, HOWEVER, not strong enough that 1-3 shots will have you tipsy and drunk, uninhibited and to the BORDERLINE of that point where alcohol turns from 'happy to ugly':\.....I hope I don't have to explain myself on this topic. ;)
What I consider to be a perfect alcoholic/cannabis beverage is SOMETHING that is SIGNIFICANTLY more (by as much as possible) cannabis than alcohol.....in terms of potency in a shot glass size for example, I would LOVE an alcoholic drink that is in once shot of some 40%...I like regular Bacardi on its own, however there are a bunch of Bacardi falvoured like Coconut, Big Apple, Vanilia which all containg 35%....in American it means regular Bacardi is 80 proof and the flavoured Bacardi is 70 proof. I have heard of people using 100 proof and even high....and I haven't seen though I haven't looked either for liquor highert than 40% (80 proof).
I want ANY recomandations for the 'perfect' alcoholic drink which is a good absorbant for cannabis stems.....which has the least amount of alcohol though enough alcohol at the same time to get out the cannabinoids of the stems. In othe words I don't want to drink this mixture in a shot glass made of 80% alcohol and 20% cannabinoid, aproximatley. After a 2-3 regular drinks/shots I want to be stoned rather than typsy from the alcohol.

What I've understood is that the longer you leave the stems in the alcohol...the stronger/more potent in cannabinoids the drink. Is this true? In this case would it be just as good, putting a bunch of stems inside a LESS alcoholic drink, like 25%-30% alcohol, rather than 40% liquor and keeping stems inside the liqior for lets says (since I do not know nothing about canabis alcohol) but I assume that with high percentage alcohol you keep the stems a shorter time....while other less concentrated alcohol beverages you keep the stems there a longer time, BUT THE FINAL EFECTS SHOULD THEORETICALLY LEAD YOU TO THE SAME POINT....just one quiker and another shrter.

BTW....You guys put the stems in the liqour whole or do you cut them up/grind them up?

ombladon said:
BTW....You guys put the stems in the liqour whole or do you cut them up/grind them up?

It will work either way, but it will work better if you chop them up...or, better yet, grind them up, that gives more surface area.

I'm pretty sure though that this was discussed earlier in this thread.