• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

!HELP! Trigeminal Neuralgia "The Suicide Disease"

HottButtaz

Bluelighter
Well my best friend's mom is headed under the knife again next week to cut the nerves that are making her suffer one of the worst pains imaginable.

Trigeminal neuralgia, aka "The Suicide Disease" is some sort of disorder of the nerves in the face that is hard to treat and so painful that it earned that grusome nickname.

My friend's mom is strongly anti drugs, maybe it has something to do with teaching in Chicago public schools for 35 years.

I just want to know if anyone knows of any papers or anything that talk about using marijuana as a treatment for the disease. It seems like if it worked, I woulda heard about it by now, but I'm asking just in case it slipped under my radar. If we can find her some legit proof that it would be a sensible thing to try, she might try it and it might help her. Pot seems like something that could help with unspecific pain... right?

The operation shes going to go through has around a 30% chance of paralyzing her face. Thats one of the most fucked up things I've ever heard about.

Just graspin at straws here really. Any help appreciated.

wikipedia link

Cannabis is absolutely not a treatment for this disease, it can be used for analgesic properties, but not as a treatment.

well yeah I know it isn't gonna fix the nerves, nothing does and all that can be done is to cut them. But if it took care of the pain that would be a treatement, because then nothing would need to be done.

Having looked into it a bit more it seems like nothing can really dull the pain, even opiates aren't enough to really take care of it.

Not knowing much about this ailment, only what has been posted in this thread, I surmise that marijuana is incredibly insufficient to alleviate the pain caused by this disease. There is a remote possibility that it would help her, but I assume it's extremely unlikely, ESPECIALLY considering opiates don't offer complete relief.

The way to "Discover" if Pot will help is ...
1) smoke some, and
2) wait a few minutes.

Each person has her own metabolism.
Each metabolism reacts differently to Pot.
Some people find that Pot is a Miracle cure.

So, don't waste your time wondering if Pot MIGHT work.
Try it, and then you'll know (and she will know too).

This is NOT Rocket Science.
No matter how many people give you their opinion, it just doesn't matter.
The Proof is in the Pudding.