• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Ketamine Subthread] The K-Hole

The point at which all external stimuli are eliminated and you are entirely within yourself/the universe.

By my definition, if you can still see/move, you're not in the hole!

a dissociative state where all motor function is lost, and the user is left to mentally explore their conscious and sub-conscious, voluntarily or not, willing or not.

Xorkoth said:
The point at which all external stimuli are eliminated and you are entirely within yourself/the universe.

By my definition, if you can still see/move, you're not in the hole!

I completely agree with this.

The feeling and experience that follows from an intramuscular injection of around 90 milligrams of aqueous ketamine hcl.

K hole - total sensory shutdown, but retaining conciousness such that all information perceived is all totally internal in origin.

This is different to dissociative anaesthesia where conciousness is lost (anaesthetic dose is over twice that needed to 'k-hole')

it takes me about 80mg or more to k hole.

as others have mentioned it... it is total sensoy shutdown.

k holes usually take my thoughts , and mind to another world
k holes are usually complete ego loss as well.

a K-hole is when you do so much ketamine you become trapped inside your own butthole.

you should've posted a poll. ;)

nbsp said:
a K-hole is when you do so much ketamine you become trapped inside your own butthole.

you should've posted a poll. ;)

Hah, nice one ;)

But check this out: only two people seem to agree on a definition - everyone else has their own definition of what a K-hole is.

Keep going...

A state of total removal from the physical sense of self. I dont agree with the idea that a k-hole is when your vision is reduced to a small ammount of tunnel vision that I commonly hear refered to as a k-hole. I personally find it to be similar to a sigma plateau dxm dose, though shorter lasting.

A meaningless term people have come up with to describe taking Ketamine.

uhm..No. a K-hole or Any "hole" for that matter is the fully anesthetic dose where you conscious mind is completely detached from yer body you are "stuck" 100% unable to comprehend what is going on around u, in the real world that is, in other words

To describe it in one word "OBE" : "out of body expereince"... that's a "hole"

my serious answer: I've never K-holed. I've only done K a handful of times and never at such an intense dose. However, logically, I've drawn a few conclusions: I think a lot of the common characteristics of these explanations encompass what a K-hole really is, and once it gets down to specific details it begins to bleed over into the category of unique personal experience, becoming less valid as a general definition. I also think a K-hole is something I'd fucking know if it hit me, and I figure that applies to everyone, regardless of variance in particular experiences.

jam: I'm not quite sure what point you're trying to make. If it's something exclusive like "a K-hole does not necessarily include tunnel vision" or "a K-hole does not necessarily negate your eyesight," I'd say that's fair, but if it's some bullshit like "K-holes do not exist and everyone's experience is different," I'd recommend giving it more thought.

just my 2 cents. :)

nbsp: And you will never K-hole. You know why? because there is no such thing!

This thread proves my point that everyone has his or her own definition of what a K-holes is.

Why is this bullshit? Your "2 cents" are not enough. If you want to call my ideas "bullshit" then please give a better explanation.

fastandbulbous said:
K hole - total sensory shutdown, but retaining conciousness such that all information perceived is all totally internal in origin.

This is different to dissociative anaesthesia where conciousness is lost (anaesthetic dose is over twice that needed to 'k-hole')

Exactly!!! But I'd add that in addition to sensory shutdown, you have a breakdown of logic and cognitive capabilities. You're shut off from everything that's not you, but you're also shut off from everything that is you. It's a unique balance between brain processes shutting down, but maintenance of awareness/consciousness.

Jamshyd, I disagree. Just because we can't get everyone to agree on a definition does not mean that the definition is meaningless. If that were true, all words would be meaningless seeing as they're nothing more than symbolic representations, which are all unique. Many people probably haven't experienced the K-hole, so they have a conception of it that is not true. Others just have not thought through it enough to settle on a definition. There's a reason someone decided to define that state; it is different enough from any other state that it deserves it's own recognition.

Last edited:
See, I have no problem with symbolic representation.

My problem here is that this symbol represents completely and randomly different things to different people that it no longer really serves its purpose, ie. when someone says "k-hole", I know they are referring to something that happens after they take K, I just have no way of knowing what they mean beyond simply that - so you might as well just say "K" or "Ketamine" and stop there...

I see what you're saying, but it's not just a continuum of increasingly dissociated experience when you take ketamine. There are two important distinctions to be made along the curve ... the K-hole and anesthesia. Each puts the person on a distinct level of experience. I agree that it's not a clear cut state, but when is anything about conscious experience clear cut and predictable.

I'd say the different plateaus described in DXM experiences are similar. They are quite distinct in their effects due to different receptor binding profiles.

Jamshyd said:
nbsp: And you will never K-hole. You know why? because there is no such thing!

This thread proves my point that everyone has his or her own definition of what a K-holes is.

Why is this bullshit? Your "2 cents" are not enough. If you want to call my ideas "bullshit" then please give a better explanation.
no need to get so antsy there buddy.

this thread proves everyone has a unique K-hole experience, and this thread proves a lot of people have trouble defining a K-hole. That really doesn't imply a thing about whether a K-hole actually exists, on its own, and coming at it with an agenda, trying to say it does, is what I'd consider "bullshit." Sorry about that.

example: I've never seen elves. Does that mean I've never had a breakthrough DMT experience? Does the fact that a breakthrough is so highly subjective and individualized really make a difference in the world about whether or not a "breakthrough" exists? It's just a fucking word, dude. People put words to abstractions all the time, and fail miserably at it more often than not. That does not disqualify the concept...it disqualifies the definition. This is as old a premise as human cognition.

if you care to get any deeper into this territory, I'm sure there are already established philosophers who can argue it better than I have. I think I've already touched well enough upon the point I'm trying to make here.

In my own experience, 'k-hole' defines the moment when you sink into your surroundings and are unable to move. I'm yet to have any out of body experiences on the stuff but I'm still playing around with it.

Last night I had 175mg, in 5 separate lines, did 2 at first then an hour later I did the other three.

Can anyone recommend anything I should try to enhance my k experience? I've had it while on ecstasy before, I think that was the best experience so far, last night I'd had a small amount of gear and a beer before I decided to try some k.

nbsp said:
no need to get so antsy there buddy.

this thread proves everyone has a unique K-hole experience, and this thread proves a lot of people have trouble defining a K-hole. That really doesn't imply a thing about whether a K-hole actually exists, on its own, and coming at it with an agenda, trying to say it does, is what I'd consider "bullshit." Sorry about that.

Seems to me that all that DMT you've smoked has still not given you a sense of humour. I wouldn't have confessed to having an agenda if I meant to be insidious.

example: I've never seen elves. Does that mean I've never had a breakthrough DMT experience? Does the fact that a breakthrough is so highly subjective and individualized really make a difference in the world about whether or not a "breakthrough" exists? It's just a fucking word, dude.

Yes - a useless word, and there is no point in those. Why not just say "ketamine breakthrough" like you said "DMT breaktrhough"? That would save a lot of confusion. But with "k-hole", two people can be agreeing (or disagreeing) about two very different things, thinking all along that they were refering to the same thing. THAT is my problem with this simple word (and even then, what kind of word is "k-hole"??).

Your analogy is flawed btw. People do not constantly refer to their DMT experiences as "elves".

Last edited: