Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Amazing video, seen on psychedellics. (long synopsis)

Pathogen

Bluelighter
Ok, this story begins about 4 years ago. I was chillin with a friend one night, and we had each ingested a cocktail of chemicals. I couldn't tell you what all we took, but it was alot. i simply can't remember.

we had plans to go to the beach with a group of other people, but that plan fell through. so, we were at home, tripping very very hard. we decided to sit and watch TV because everything was beginning to get pretty weird.
As soon as my boy tuned on the television, it was on MTV2, and this video had just started. we watched it, and were mesmerized by the visuals, and the profound message in the video.

The video opens up with a creature who is very depressed. The video is in claymation. The depressed creature opens a door in his stomach, and sees all the bright light and happiness shining out, from within himself. He quickly closes the door and looks distressed. The colors coming out of his belly represented everything good in the world.

He goes to work, and while riding on the bus, he looks around the city. You can tell that everyone is depressed. All of the creatures are inherently sad. The mood is gloomy, and the whole town is only black, grey, and white.

He works a factory job, along with hundreds of other similar looking beings. Everybody is very sad, and you can easily infer that they hate their jobs. His boss is on a pedestal, shouting orders at everyone, being very uncaring for their well-being. The mood of the video is very haunting, and brooding. The factory is making a product called "Happy Product", which has a smiley face on the box, and clearly does not work because everyone is still sad.

He goes home that afternoon, and decides that he can't continue to live this way. He gathers blueprints, and begins work on an ingenious project. He decides that he is going to take the plans that his company has for the defective product, and make it into a working product and market it as his own.

The next day, he goes to work, and takes a "Happy Product" home with him. He smashes it, and rebuilds it. He then opens the door in his stomach, and places his hand into the beam of brilliant light and colors. When some has gathered on his hand, he drops it into the modified "Happy Product", which are now goggles.

The goggles begin to glow, and give off light. He puts them on, and for the first time ever, he sees everything around him in bright, vivid color. (The metaphoric comparisons here are undeniable) His project has been a success, and he is going to share it with the world.

His product becomes what everyone must have, his product can not stay on shelves, everyone wants one. He stole the idea from the defective "Happy Product", and engineered it into a working project called "Bliss Product" It shows the creatures rejoicing, while wearing the "Bliss Product" goggles.

The main character (the inventor of "Bliss Product") wins an award as being the greatest inventor in the history of the world. He has created a product which has brought joy, love, and everything that is good into people's lives. He is revered as a god.

Soon, he becomes just like his old boss. Shouting orders to the workers of his own factory, because the demand for "Bliss Product" is essentially infinite. An employee of his sees him shouting at everyone, and the worker puts on his "Bliss Product" and sees his boss waving at everyone.

The inventor then goes into his office and sits down. At this point, he understands and regrets what he has done. He takes off his "Bliss Product", and has a look of concern, and despair on his face. He realizes that he has created a product which only shadows the problems of people's everyday lives, it does not get rid of them. Everyone is dependent on his "Bliss Product", including himself.

He then opens the door in his stomach, and he is empty. The light and colors (the things that were good in this world) were all gone. He has nothing left, no soul. He had to use a little piece of himself to make each "Bliss Product". He gets up, and goes to his office window. He looks out over the city, and realizes that his own personal hell is upon him. He gave up his soul, his salvation, everything good in his life was gone.

Now, the ending, I don't quite understand. Maybe you guys can help me out with this one.

As he is looking out over the town, he sees kids playing, at a playground. They are all on a merry-go-round. The video opens up with this same scene. I dont understand this part.

As you can probably tell from this post, seeing that video that night 4 years ago very much changed me. It is very profound, and I really recommend it to anyone. I only saw this video once, and then I never saw it again. I searched on the internet and everywhere, for all those years. The problem was that I couldn't remember the name of the artist, or the song.

Then, about 6 months ago, I was on another messageboard, and I created a thread asking about it. It turned out that a lot of people knew the video I was speaking of, but couldn't remember the title or artist either. I had to give a rough description of it, because I had only seen it once, years before.

Then, this girl said "this is what you are looking for", and linked me to youtube. This was it, the video I had been searching for. I have watched it daily for the past few months, analyzing every minute detail of this video. It is simply amazing.

You should watch this. Sober, or on Psychedelics.

The video is by a band called Kenna (a possible reference to McKenna?) and the song is called Hell Bent. The video is actually a short film by an artist that had no affiliation with the band. The band got permission to use this video, and all was well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owS1coeoWEc
It is totally work safe.

and, tell me if you think that my idea of the film is accurate please. this has actually become an obsession of mine.

HOMELESS to PD to FTV, please kick back to PD or DC if more appropriate :\

the video is a short film, that can be bought on dvd. the version you just saw was a cut version.
moremovie_1926_854707

http://www.happyproduct.com/
download the full version from there.

Last edited:
the music video was kenna - hellbent

...which if I read to the end I would have realized you knew already. ;)

The original song (not the song by Kenna) is far more haunting and a better accompaniment to the video. Not something to be watched on psychedelics, but very good.

Another good music video is Faithless - Bombs. That one tickled me in new and sad ways.

I heard claymation and immidiently thought of Tool, good band. Glad too see this had such a profound effect on you. I want a pair of them glasses.

wow..... words cant describe.....

thanks for posting this. its like my life story in clay form. very sad :(