• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

kobe bryant!

dapurpman

Bluelighter
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Kobe Bryant had enough after seven straight losses by the Los Angeles Lakers. He took matters into his own hands against the Portland Trail Blazers and left the court with the fourth highest-scoring game in franchise history.

Bryant scored 24 of his 65 points in the fourth quarter and added nine more in overtime, powering the Lakers to a 116-111 victory on Friday night.

bball fans, yall see that ninja go off last night. is this man not the one of the greatest of all time, striaght beast!. this guy is gettin more rings n' mvp awards in the years to come. time after time he proves he can just on a whole fuckin team n' destroy them single handedly.

He's fantastic, no doubt about that. It's just really too bad great man does not make a good team :\

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) -- Kobe Bryant became the fourth player in NBA history to score at least 50 points in three straight games on Thursday night.

Bryant scored 60 points in the Lakers' 121-119 win over the Memphis Grizzlies. Bryant was 20-for-37 from the field, including 3-for-7 from 3s, and 17 of 18 from the free-throw line.

im tellin yall best player in the league at the moment... what does the future hold ? =)

I was just coming into this crappy forum to make this exact same thread!

Kobe Bryant. I love that motherfucker.

NEW ORLEANS (AP) -- Kobe Bryant became the second player in NBA history to score at least 50 points in four straight games when he made a 20-foot jumper with 5:13 remaining in the fourth quarter against the New Orleans Hornets on Friday night.

Only Wilt Chamberlain has exceeded that mark, scoring at least 50 points in seven consecutive games during the 1961-62 season.

is this not fuckin the most amazin shit in nba history recently ?! this man is not a man but a fuckin scoring machine, best player on planet earth right now.

Yea i was coming to post this up here too....

And yea to think he's doing all of this in modern-era basketball is in-fucking-sane...

A 50 point game here and there is not so rare....but 4 stright to include a 65 and 62 point games!!! 8o

I started a thread LAST season declaring my opinion, at that time, that Kobe is on pace to end up being BETTER then Michael Jordan.

Many scoffed at me then, some will still scoff now.

Until and unless he retires with fewer than six NBA titles (MJ's number), I don't even think it's debatable anymore.

Kobe is a taller, quicker, and better skilled at virtually every facet of the game, particularly shooting and scoring.

Time will tell, but the "MJ is the best player we'll ever see" sheep who laughed at the Kobephiles in recent years are looking awfully shortsighted and awed right about now - it's not like MJ never TRIED to score 81 in one game (never came close) or 50-plus in four straight, including 60-plus in 2 of them (also, never ever came CLOSE) - plain and simple, he just wasn't quite as great a scoroer as Kobe is.

Period.

Give Kobe eight or nine more yeaers, and if he doesn't register multiple NBA titles (let's not forget he's already been a HUGE contributor in three NBA Titles at an age barely older than when Jordan was being cut by his high school team), I'll eat my words.

Until then, denying that Kobe's on pace to becoming the best ever is sheer illogical nostalga.

I'm just glad Kobe went out on the court and made the haters shut up about the "unnatural elbows" he was singled out for by the NBA and continues to show just how amazing his abilities are.

L O V E L I F E said:
I started a thread LAST season declaring my opinion, at that time, that Kobe is on pace to end up being BETTER then Michael Jordan.

Many scoffed at me then, some will still scoff now.

Until and unless he retires with fewer than six NBA titles (MJ's number), I don't even think it's debatable anymore.

Kobe is a taller, quicker, and better skilled at virtually every facet of the game, particularly shooting and scoring.

Time will tell, but the "MJ is the best player we'll ever see" sheep who laughed at the Kobephiles in recent years are looking awfully shortsighted and awed right about now - it's not like MJ never TRIED to score 81 in one game (never came close) or 50-plus in four straight, including 60-plus in 2 of them (also, never ever came CLOSE) - plain and simple, he just wasn't quite as great a scoroer as Kobe is.

Period.

Give Kobe eight or nine more yeaers, and if he doesn't register multiple NBA titles (let's not forget he's already been a HUGE contributor in three NBA Titles at an age barely older than when Jordan was being cut by his high school team), I'll eat my words.

Until then, denying that Kobe's on pace to becoming the best ever is sheer illogical nostalga.

I agree that Kobe is a better scorer than MJ but when it comes to all-around game MJ is the man....NOt to mention, he defined the word 'Clutch' And thats what has made him the greatest...

^^^then theres that whole concept of defense. MJ was all defense his whole career after his first few seasons

Hypnotik1 said:

[MJ] defined the word 'Clutch' And thats what has made him the greatest...

I'm NOT saying that Jordan WASN't clutch - in fact I'd argue he's one of the most clutch athletes I've ever seen.

But if you don't think that Kobe's in the same class as MJ in terms of clutchness, I'd suggest you re-watch him singlehandledly eliminating the Spurs with a fouled-out Shaq earlier this decade (which led to an NBA title), and THEN re-watching Game Two of the Lakers-Pistons Finals (doubled-teamed 27-footer at the buzzer in a Finals game to send the game into OT and eventually win it), and of course, last season's Game Four, in which he hit two of the cluthcest shots in the history of the sport IN THE SAME GAME against the Suns and almost singlehandledly eliminated the the team who was arguably the best in the NBA from the play-offs.

MJ was fuckin' clutch, but Kobe's fuckin' clutch, too.

I love this game.

Kobe Bryant is a baller but you are correct, LL, when you assert that only time will tell if he is overall better than Jordan. can he do it? yes, he most certainly can; but it will not be an easy task by any means.

^At this point in their respective careers, however, Kobe is on a higher level. You may look at the overall stats and say no, but the scoring outbursts Kobe is capable of, along with his perimeter game vs. Jordan's at the same time are at alevel second only to Wilt...and Wilt was obviously no perimeter player.

LapDawg said:
^At this point in their respective careers, however, Kobe is on a higher level.

Thank you, Only Other Sane Person Who Has Watched Them Both and who remembers that MJ didn't even develop a reliable outside shot by this age.

MJ changed the game.

MJ was phenomenal.

MJ was etremely clutch, and while Kobe IS a GREAT defender, I'll concede that MJ's defense was even better.

But with all of that said, WATCH the tapes - Kobe does things at this point of his career that MJ simply COULDN'T do at the same point of his career.

Does anyone REALLY think that MJ wouldn't have liked to have scored 81 points in one game or 50+ in four straight?

Clearly, he would have loved to, but as great as MJ was (and indeed, he was great), AS AN OFFENSIVE MACHINE, HE WASN'T AS GOOD, EVEN AT HIS PEAK, AS KOBE IS NOW.

Oh yeah, and Kobe's still getting better.

MJ played in an era where they can hand check you beyond the 3 point arc. maybe kobe is getting better looks

bowdenta said:
MJ played in an era where they can hand check you beyond the 3 point arc. maybe kobe is getting better looks

In the first half of his career, MJ couldn't realiably hit 3's EVEN WHEN HE WAS WIDE OPEN.

Many of Kobe's buzzer-beating 3's are made while he's being double-teamed.

But MJ came first chronologically, so in some people's minds, nostalga trumps evidence, and the world is still flat.

Maybe it's just me but...in the early MJ era the hand check would draw the whistle a lot quicker than it would now...

kobe came up with the goods again tonight. what a star. 50+ and another clutch buzzer beater, too bad he got fucked over in OT by what seemed like a rubbish call ... (although i'm at work and watching with no sound so not sure). btw - this is coming from a Rockets fan who had them going (-2.5) in a multi with the Clippers (+3.5) and Nets with (+5.5).

man, i was watchin the game tonight against houston... kobe went dry 3rd quarter then 4th just went off, god that dude is so clutch! that buzzer beater was awesome. i was thinkin "man they cant lose" n' once they win ima post on BL... well too bad kobe got caught wit that travel, on the replay he did =/. but hell he singe handedly again, time after time took on a whole team n' brought the lakers rigth back lookin like they were goin to win in OT.fuckin lakers needa big man.