• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Herald Sun - 13/03/07 'Medical student found dead in tent at music festival'

hoptis

Bluelight Crew
Medical student found dead in tent at music festival
By Paul Anderson
March 13, 2007 12:00am

A YOUNG medical student has died at a country music festival after an apparent booze binge at the Golden Plains Festival in Meredith.

The student, 21, of Prahran, was found dead in his tent at about 8am yesterday. He died in his sleep as a friend slept beside him.

Police were awaiting autopsy results yesterday, but sources said the young man may have choked on his own vomit as he slept.

The death is not being treated as suspicious.

Paramedics at the inaugural long weekend music festival worked for half an hour to try to save the man, who had a cardiac arrest, said Rural Ambulance Victoria spokesman John Mullen.

The man was a medical student who was doing rounds at Melbourne hospitals as an intern.

News of the death spread through the scores of groups preparing to pack up as the festival wound up about noon yesterday.

Police are preparing a brief for the coroner.

A day earlier, five people were treated in hospital after a car crash near the festival.

One woman, 32, was flown to the Alfred hospital with spinal injuries.

Other patients with neck, head and leg injuries were taken to Ballarat and Geelong hospitals.

Unconfirmed reports suggested one of the cars had been driven from the festival just before the collision.

<snip non-related>

Herald Sun

I wonder why this won't be treated as a big thing like an illegal drug overdose would and gain coverage and stories over every current affairs program.

because its legal?

if the guy died of some illegal substance it'd spread like bushfire... but its not, so it wont... stupid media

When that girl died, it was on dam near every news show, but this is the first ive heard of this =\

I bet all those angry anti drug people and the media saw this at first "MUSIC FESTIVAL DEATH?!?!" Time to think of a catchy headline Ecstasy Tent Teen Dies at Rave.. ah shit it was alcohol... we already know that kills.. but it's okay.. he was obviously being silly with it and way over doing it!

when i saw this title i too assumed it would be another drug overdose.. oh how wrong was i!!!

This may well be a drug overdose. Alcohol being a drug and the possibility that the consumption of this drug may have caused the aspiration of vomit, may indicate that this individual overdosed.

Let's not forget that alcohol is a drug, although licit, has the potential to cause just as much damage as some illicit drugs.

If not more. With all the bullshit on the internet about certain other depressant "party" drugs being overly dangerous or used to date rape... I reckon alcohol outrates that in BOTH departments.