Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Injecting caffeine?!

Mr Blonde

Bluelighter
I have a friend who is talking about injecting caffeine. 8o

That is, he is going to crush up a No-Doz, add water, filter out and then inject it into his vein. This has me worried about possible health problems. If he goes ahead with this, what kind of complications might arise? I have tried to talk him out of it, but to no avail. I guess right now I just want to be providing 'harm minimization' for him.

Does anyone have any idea what this might do?

From memory, they use glucose as a filler, which should be ok to inject. dont know about other stuff. Is there a practical way of extracting the caffeine?

I'd imagine he is going to get the usual shitty caffeine effects, but probably 10 fold.

Does he have an injecting fetish or something? 8( :\

What was his reasoning behind this?
Does he inject other drugs?
Does he not have access to better stimulants?

His reasoning? He thinks that because it's a legal drug it will be safer, and he wants to experience some kind of 'rush'. He has injected speed before, and heroin I think. He is now off all illegal drugs. Yeah, I bet he has access to better stimulants.

Well, on the positive side if he gets all the shitty effects 10 fold then he will probably never do it again!

As for a practical way of extracting caffeine, I think that if you dissolve it and then let it evaporate you will end up with caffeine powder/crystals.

Mr Blonde said:

That is, he is going to crush up a No-Doz, add water, filter out and then inject it into his vein. This has me worried about possible health problems. If he goes ahead with this, what kind of complications might arise? I have tried to talk him out of it, but to no avail. I guess right now I just want to be providing 'harm minimization' for him.

OMG now that is desperate. 8( Tell him to calm down and have a nice cappucino instead.

So he's off illegal drugs, yet thinks injecting the legal ones are safe.
Great logic.

Good luck with trying to feed some sense to your mate. :)

(also note that I'm not sure if he'd just get strong normal caffiene effects. you may want to wait until someone posts with some idea of what they're talking about :))

BAD IDEA!

Caffeine OD sets in pretty low, anything higher than 2g orally and you'll feel like shit. No telling how much that is IV. 200mg?

I have about 95g out of 100g here of pure Caffeine, honestly it's a waste of time as a recreational drug.

Here's a mega-thread.
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=276516

Id say it would be pretty horrible, I had around a gram or so, nice effects, but 3 or so hours into it you drop and ur body and head just feels crap, he had about 1.3 grams and said his body was in agony =\

I find this really hard to get my head around :\ C'mon people 8( WTF :|

I'm pretty sure I've injected some very low purity amphetamine cut with no doze before.. sold as speed before. Unfiltered too as I didn't have any cig filters in the car. No rush at all, 5 min later slight crappy stimulation, could sleep very easily, no mindstate like injecting speed.. Not worth it at all

umm why not just eat 10 nodoz tablets?
the redbull coffee in a can has a big hit of caffeine and i dunno what else
only costs a doller

If he's off harder drugs then this is not a good sign... wanting to shoot ANYTHING again. Sounds like he's fiending but not giving in to go buy some meth.

Do him a favour...if his kicked meth/smack or whatever etc and is wanting to shoot something....do something with him to take his mind of it. It's good he's not just run out and scored.

But shooting caffeine is going to make him feel like he needs something better..."and what the hell...I'm halfway there having shot something...I might as well go gram a couple points"

see what I mean...? Take him to a long fucking movie...or a brothel

^ I agree with the above post. Whilst i think drug use and IV'ing can be isolated as similar, but also separate issues, i think it is more important to get your mate to address the reasons why he wants to boot anything. I know that is not really the point of your thread, but it is definitely a slippery slope once he starts booting anything again, even water (don't laugh - i have done this:| ).

In relation to your question, i think as long as he uses the finest micron filter, then he will not be doing anything permanent to his veins, in terms of binding agents etc. I mean, booting caffeine, as long as it is not a ridiculous amount, is not going to me any more dangerous than amphetamines or heroin.

i once did 4 Vs + 2 redbulls + 2 coffees within 24 hours in order to stay up to study for a an important uni paper...

im pretty sure i suffered a little oding effects - trembling hands, flaring tempers, slight disorientation.

although the caffeine level is not as strong as wat some might make it be, i guess its really the sleep deprivation that acted as the catalyst for my caffeine crash.

i wouldnt recommend big doses of caffeine... not something i'll do again anyways.

i reckognise that this isnt the greatest idea but i am sortof tired of seeing threads on BL that ask a specific question, and then all the rplies just avoid the question and recommend against it/other things.

if you want to give some advice then feel free but cud ppl please post the actual answer to questions as well? seriously its just starting to grind my nerves. not just here but in many threads. thx

Mr Blonde said:

does it matter. your friend is obviously upset/pain. he'll inject anything despite what you've said.

why because at the moment your not getting through to him..

you could tell him that a doctor on bluelight told you that shooting caffeine will kill em...as if that will stop him....

you have to appeal to issue of why he wants to take drugs. The fact that his expressly discussing a particularly stupid way is really a call out for hope.

so ask him what his going to appeal to....getting fucked up one last night. what does he want to die. so he'll say something alongs of the lines..."i don't care, fuck oblivion, i don't care rah rah"...

ashdgfjkalsdf

but everyone who shoots drugs in sydney has one time or another shot up caffeine....so unless hits going to shot a whole lot of binders and stupid amount of it the worst (apart from dying in the extreme) is either a nasty infection or liver damage......(from the non-caffeine material