• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Loperamide (Immodium) Megathread: We have now lost at least 2 of our own from Lope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once, My nieghbors uncle's friends cat went a store to get the ingredients to make some poppy seed bagels. On the way back the cat accidentially spilled some of the spices. The weather in those days were 35-75 degrees daily. Three months later the cat made more trips to the store. I dont know why, but the cat was soooo happy when he returned, and from then on always he volunteered to get the supplies for dinner.

^^Maybe he meant nights in the 30's and highs in the 70's.

This thread must die.

just got back from wally world....ingested 57x2mg, so 114mg of loperamide...i am 96 hours into methadone withdrawal, so any relief will be welcome....will add a followup tommorow, wish me luck, (and sleep!)

Instead of starting a new topic I figured I'd just update this one...

This drug SERIOUSLY has my attention lately. Yesterday, I took 36mg of loperamide, and drank a bunch of grapefruit juice. I didn't feel much last night, but what's odd is this morning, my pupils have been pinned out all day, and I feel VERY slight effects of what could be similar to a vicodin or 2 on an empty stomach.

There are millions of threads about loperamide on several different forums, it seems everyone's got their eye on this potential recreational OTC opioid. Many have reported positive results, some by extracting the pure loperamide and snorting, some by mixing the powder into a drink, some by simply taking 20+ pills, and others are lucky enough to get effects from a small dosage! I'm determined to at least try my hand at it....

I'm currently trying a cold alcohol extraction technique on 40mg. For those out there more experienced than I, how does this method sound?

-Mix 70% isopropyl alcohol and crushed loperamide pills (20 pills = 40mg)
-Stir mixture and put in freezer for 20 mins
-Take mixture out of freezer, run through coffee filter
-Place filtered alcohol solution back into freezer for another 20 mins
-Run through another coffee filter
-Evaporate remaining alcohol solution with heat lamp
-take remaining powder and do what you will

Sound like a fair enough first-time extraction?

Why not try buying polysorbate 80, and coating the lope yourself? What do they say you have to do? You have to coat the drug in its PURE form right?
That would imply some sort of acid base extraction, adding the lope to a wind tunnel of some sort and spraying it with polysorbate while the particles are suspended no? So they all get coated kind of like chem companies change IR products to ER products. Look at inderal er, its a dose of inderal coated with a strong wax, the wax prevents it from breaking down in your body.
I think ideally what you need is a chemical that WILL pass the BBB and is SAFE, then adding that chemical as a coating to the lope to assist it in passing the BBB. And just because they say polysorbate 80 doesn't mean its the only thing that will work.

I'm sure theres a whole host of possible things you can use, but in the end its not worth the effort unless you are really bored, and have a good deal of money you don't mind blowing on failed experiments.

I don't mind spending a *little* money on experiments if it potentially yields very beneficial knowledge.

I simply want to know if I'm doing the extraction properly. I'm currently letting my filtered alcohol/lope solution sit under a 100W light on a cookie sheet so it evaporates. No crystals/powder observed yet.

Would it be safe to heat this solution on the stove on low heat for a while to speed up evaporation?

So all the alcohol finished evaporating, and all I was left with was a VERY tiny amount of coolant-colored goo, nothing even close to snortable powder.

In the coffee filter is a large amount of chunky powder (the fillers?) similar to the original color of the pills. What did I do wrong?

Instead of starting a new topic I figured I'd just update this one...

This drug SERIOUSLY has my attention lately. Yesterday, I took 36mg of loperamide, and drank a bunch of grapefruit juice. I didn't feel much last night, but what's odd is this morning, my pupils have been pinned out all day, and I feel VERY slight effects of what could be similar to a vicodin or 2 on an empty stomach.

There are millions of threads about loperamide on several different forums, it seems everyone's got their eye on this potential recreational OTC opioid. Many have reported positive results, some by extracting the pure loperamide and snorting, some by mixing the powder into a drink, some by simply taking 20+ pills, and others are lucky enough to get effects from a small dosage! I'm determined to at least try my hand at it....

I'm currently trying a cold alcohol extraction technique on 40mg. For those out there more experienced than I, how does this method sound?

-Mix 70% isopropyl alcohol and crushed loperamide pills (20 pills = 40mg)
-Stir mixture and put in freezer for 20 mins
-Take mixture out of freezer, run through coffee filter
-Place filtered alcohol solution back into freezer for another 20 mins
-Run through another coffee filter
-Evaporate remaining alcohol solution with heat lamp
-take remaining powder and do what you will

Sound like a fair enough first-time extraction?

I have no idea if that technique will work or not, but I do have a question: why put it in the freezer? If you're thinking along the lines of a Cold Water Extraction for codeine/hydrocodone, the only reason it is cold is because APAP is not soluble in cold water. There is no APAP in Imodium, so there is essentially no reason to freeze it.

Also, why isopropyl? To me, it seems like water would be just as effective (read: ineffective) because the fillers/binders are most likely just as soluble in either alcohol or H2O.

I don't think there is going to be an easy, do-at-home extraction for this drug. My guess is that it's going to require some expensive equipment and a lot of know-how.

^ Not the best advice, but really, Loperamide doesn't provide an enjoyable "high," if you want to even call it a high at all. It's really not worth it in the end.

The last time I did a load of loperamide, I was doubled-over with stomach pain and vomiting.

Scary shit.

I've never felt that bad on "proper" drugs.

Why not try buying polysorbate 80, and coating the lope yourself? What do they say you have to do? You have to coat the drug in its PURE form right?
That would imply some sort of acid base extraction, adding the lope to a wind tunnel of some sort and spraying it with polysorbate while the particles are suspended no? So they all get coated kind of like chem companies change IR products to ER products. Look at inderal er, its a dose of inderal coated with a strong wax, the wax prevents it from breaking down in your body.
I think ideally what you need is a chemical that WILL pass the BBB and is SAFE, then adding that chemical as a coating to the lope to assist it in passing the BBB. And just because they say polysorbate 80 doesn't mean its the only thing that will work.

I'm sure theres a whole host of possible things you can use, but in the end its not worth the effort unless you are really bored, and have a good deal of money you don't mind blowing on failed experiments.

This wont work.
Coating something with polysorbate is nowhere near this easy. It involves far, far more work, skill and knowledge then any layman posting in this thread is equipped with.

On another note, why are people bothering with extractions. The point of any extraction is to get rid of what you dont want, and be left with the active ingredient you do want. With Immodium, as far as I know, loperamide is the only active ingredient. Sure theres some inactive binders and such, but so what?

Either imodium will give you an opiate high or it wont- performing an extraction of the loperamide should not make any difference at all.-DG

Yeah, I know, why not just score some "real" drugs, but see I look at it two ways.

For one, I don't have sources for oxys/smack, and for two, most "real" drugs were sold OTC or easily-obtained at one point too. People laugh when you say that diarrhea medicine has potential to be a potent recreational opioid, quickly forgetting that heroin was once an OTC cough remedy. There's nothing wrong with experimenting, but being safe at the same time, hence my questions.

Having said that, I read on another forum of a person doing this to extract the pure lope from the fillers, I was simply following along (obviously aside from the paper plate part, I used a cookie sheet):

14:31:50 - Add 20 mL of 70% isopropyl alcohol to glass.
14:34:24 - Started crushing 24 2 mg loperamide HCl pills and adding them to the glass.
14:38:04 - Let sit for a minute or two.
14:40:29 - Start stirring with a pencil.
14:42:16 - Guess I'm going to have to let it sit for a long time, because now my mom is home.
14:59:26 - Stirring with pencil.
15:01:27 - Put in the freezer.
15:10:32 - Took out of freezer and covered with seran wrap.
16:54:15 - Started stiring.
16:55:08 - Put solution in the freezer.
17:02:03 - Taking out solution to stir again.
17:03:23 - Put solution in the fridge.
18:03:01 - Going to siphon off the top and place in a paper plate.
18:15:46 - Added 20 mL of 70% isopropol alcohol, stirred, and put in freezer.
18:18:02 - I just put a heat lamp over the siphoned off loperamide/alcohol solution.
18:18:56 - Taking out of freezer to stir, then put in fridge.
18:20:55 - Put in fridge.
19:05:53 - Going to siphon and put the fluid in the evaporation paper plate.
19:14:25 - Done siphoring, the fluid is on a paper plate with a light bulb a few inches from it.
21:48:16 - What a waste of time and money, I used a paper plate, and fucked up the whole thing.

I'm still pretty interested in catching an opiate buzz from this stuff, but in the right way. I don't want to have to take 50 pills of anything, let alone ass-plugging-pills.

SS, I'd recommend poppy pod tea. Not to discount your interest/experiences with loperamide, but PPT works nicely and is quite easy to keep yourself in supply of.

Alright, I'm setting myself up for a verbal beatdown, but here's the scoop on this. I made myself a test rat after staying up all night. And this makes me very vulnerable to my more moronic impulses. I went to the store and got a half gallon of grapefruit juice and a 30 pack o' Immodium. I chew up 12 tabs and wash it down with a healthy amount of grapefruit juice. About 15 minutes later I do feel some dizziness, but nothing opiate like. After an hour or so I do notice some mild buzziness with alot stomach cramping. That settles after a bit so I decide to chomp down on another 12 tabs, making a total 48mgs ingested. Then it all goes horribly wrong. The mild stomach issues quickly become major in a matter of ten minutes. I try to settle and see if it'll pass, but then it just builds to the point where it felt like my stomach might pop a gasket. The pain was getting to a near crisis mind state. So, time to puke. 4 times to be exact over twenty minutes. But the fucked up part about it is that I start to feel pronounced opiate effects after all the purging. And at 4 hours after initial ingestion I feel like I'm on 2 or 3 5mg vicodins. I feel quite good right now although the stomach is still gurgling and is slightly bloated. It was a big price to pay for a buzz, but it does work. Take it for what you want. I just reminded myself how retarded I am sometimes.

not worth it . . LOL crazy . .

Status
Not open for further replies.