• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Loperamide (Immodium) Megathread: We have now lost at least 2 of our own from Lope

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Wikipedia:
Also, it may be possible for loperamide to bypass the blood brain barrier completely through insufflation.[3] Recreational users may attempt to isolate the loperamide from the inert fillers through a typical cold water extraction, and then snort the resulting material.
Interesting that they'd say this, as loperamide is only slightly soluble in h2o, but freely soluble in alcohol.

Curiosity got the better of me this morning... found three 2-mg tablets of loperamide lying around and did a "cold alcohol extraction" using 99% isopropyl followed by evaporation. Just insufflated the results (which was VERY easy after removing probably 98% of the pill crap) -- nothing conclusive yet, but I certainly haven't gotten any strong opiate rush or anything :p. There's a bitter drip at the back of my throat, that's all I really notice so far.

I have a moderate dependency on kratom, so you could say my opiate receptors are probably a bit desensitized... we'll see what happens (hopefully not severe constipation, but I doubt it from snorting < 6mg). Will update this post with anything definitive.

Edit -- feeling an undeniable opiate buzz, with some euphoria. It isn't exactly powerful, but it is there. Off to the store to pick up more loperamide... will try this again soon. If anyone wants details on exactly how I did the extraction, let me know.

Last edited:
I would like some details and I think many people on the board would too. I don't think haribo's discussion of synthesis is allowed here but extraction sure is. No offense haribo what you are saying is great but its not what the board is about.

(1) Grind the pills to a powder.
(2) Add to 99% isopropyl alcohol and dissolve.
(3) Put the solution in a container and let sit in the refrigerator for about a half hour (solids will fall to the bottom).
(4) Siphon off the alcohol (eyedropper works fine) and put on an evaporation plate.
(5) Evaporate in a microwave or using a blow-dryer.
(6) Scrape up resulting crystals and snort.

I just did it again with a few more pills, and this time the powder is irritating the f*ck out of my nasal passages... very painful. didn't do it last time for some reason. Wonder if it was a different brand of pills, & these ones contain some sort of irritant(?).

Edit -- actually ended up with a stuffy nose = swollen nasal passages... be careful out there...

Last edited:
very interesting thread. i've used loperamide to cope with WD's, but never more than 12 mg at one time, and all it ever did was stop bowel trouble. i always felt exactly as much like shit physically as i would have had i not taken the loperamide... just minus the runs. next time i'm in WD's (lol... next time. i'm sure its gonna happen again soon) i'm definitely gonna try this with the GF juice. i think i won't go over 24 mg though, and i ain't snorting them.

A good friend of mine swears by loperamide in combination with cimetidine (an otc enzyme inhibitor). He claims that a dosage of ~20mg of lopermide feels like 10mg of oxycodone. I did try this once a year ago while nontolerant and I did get high, though it was very subtle.

Search for posts by thetripdoctor and loperamide if you need more information.

Man, you guys remind me of myself back in my 20's.....doing whatever I could to hook up with some pills and have fun. The one guy eating a bunch of immondium and going from bad to worse and thinking his stomach was going to blow a gasket.....had me laughing for an hour!!! Not laughin at ya....laughin with ya cause that was me 12 years ago.

Know what I ended up doing?? I found my hospital records from a car accident I had 20 years ago and I used them to go to a REAL doctor and get 120 count of 10mg/325apap percocets!!!

Actually, I also was left with a fucked up back from the accident and when I had insurance, I went and got an MRI. Hurray for me, they found TWO herniated discs!!!! Now I get 120 count of 80mg oxycontins and 120 count 30mg roxicodones!!!! Fuckin sweet!!!!

As you can see, this is my first post and reading this thread gave me a ride down memory lane. If I could go back and talk to myself in my 20's, I'd say either find some old doctor records from something and go to a REAL doctor and get REAL pills. We all had to go to the doc at one time or another for something, right??

Worst case, roll your car 6 times like I did. Have the roof of your car cave in and crack your dome, break your C3 and almost die. THEN you'll get the pills you want!!!!

or, you could just buy some pods legally and not even have to hassle with a prescription. oh you don't have to be injured either, thats a plus

malfunkshun said:
or, you could just buy some pods legally and not even have to hassle with a prescription. oh you don't have to be injured either, thats a plus

Yeah but where's the fun??? :)

What pods? Where do you get them?? Are these the pods where people try and make opium tea or whatever??

I'll stick with the roxis.

BANGINCOLOR said:
Yeah but where's the fun??? :)

What pods? Where do you get them?? Are these the pods where people try and make opium tea or whatever??

I'll stick with the roxis.

Do NOT ask for sources, and use the search engine if you want to know more about pods.

n4k33n said:
Do NOT ask for sources, and use the search engine if you want to know more about pods.
yah give him a break since hes new, but yah bro you can't ask for any sources AT ALL PERIOD here.

I won't give him a break. This rule is set in stone, and isn't tolerated in any situation.

n4k33n said:
A good friend of mine swears by loperamide in combination with cimetidine (an otc enzyme inhibitor). He claims that a dosage of ~20mg of lopermide feels like 10mg of oxycodone. I did try this once a year ago while nontolerant and I did get high, though it was very subtle.

Search for posts by thetripdoctor and loperamide if you need more information.

Cemitadine is used to enhance the effects of many drugs. Peoples brain chemistry & tolerance seem to be important here. Anyone with any kind of tolerance doesn't get off on it at all, but some opiate-nieve people say they get a buzz. Well, I'm not going to say it's placebo but I would be interesting to know just WHAT is going on.
Snorting will not sort the BBB problems since it only gets it into the blood. Wiki, especially chemistry bits, is notoriously unreliable.

It doesn't cross the bbb, but ive seen much anecdotal evidence that it has effect. There could be some sort of periphral effect... Who knows. Hows drugs effect the brain and body aren't fully known, and there could be some mechanism that causes action indirectly. Claims about it should be taken with a grain of salt, but shouldn't be discounted entirely.

Ok now that this supposed step by step guide to getting high with easily attainable ingredients has been posted...let the onslught of loper posts begin...

I haven' tried it out...but I might. 6mgs snorted vs. oral w/cimet. I'm sure there will be a case versus case experiment considering the ease of acquiring all of it is...

TripDocs Thread http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=254662

Interesting thread. The p-glycoprotein inhibition from the flavanoid in the juice definitely seems like feasible explanation to make it cross the BBB. The best way to assure the CNS effects all the time would be to cut off the Cl- anion to decrease the polarity of the molecule like Haribo said or use the detergent method of polysorbate.

If kids really start getting their chemistry together I can really see Fractal's prediction becoming a reality. "Tonite on the 10'o'clock News - Another Lope lab is busted!"

I'll suppress being pissed at morons trying to get high for the moment for some real discussion.

Taking loperamide in excess like that, especially in someone who has no tolerance to opiates, can cause a number of problems, none of which are enjoyable, funny or trivial. It should be noted that all opiates can cause problems like this, but using large amounts of loperamide carries the most risk for a number of reasons.

The following problems can occur:

1: Slowed or stopped bowel motility in an opiate naieve user will in some cases cause a bowel perforation. Symptoms will be extreme abdominal pain which gets worse with movement, sweating, vomiting, and an massive infection due to bacteria being released into the body. This requires hospitalization and in some cases results in death.

2: Toxic megacolon, this is a distention of the bowel which can lead to perforating the colon, septic shock, and a number of other serious problems, in many cases it requires removing the colon entirely.

It isn't fun in any case, there are other opiates available.

Diphenoxylate has been discontinued because of toxic megacolon. All opates share thise risks to an extent, but since these are MADE to bung you up, they are the worst.
I will find a link to the mu activity/structure guide. Removing that chlorine is VERY important to central activity and I'm betting that quat alcohol needs esterification.

n4k33n said:
I won't give him a break. This rule is set in stone, and isn't tolerated in any situation.

I was 99% sure what pods he was referring to, I just wanted a clarification plus, why would I waste my time purchasing pods when I have all the oxycodone I could ever want legally prescribed.

Rules set in stone??? This whole thread is about snorting loperamide to get high and you're worried about LEGALLY purchasing pods???

Status
Not open for further replies.