• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Loperamide (Immodium) Megathread: We have now lost at least 2 of our own from Lope

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used hydrocodones/morphines for years and I found the constipation from extended loperamide use(more than 5 days-6mg a day) to be worse. I stopped taking the loperamides and have yet to have a single bm>:mad:

The following presentation is for mature audiences only:

The constipation can be BRUTAL. I have yet to figure out a way to make it easier, but I am desperate. Every time I take a shit it's like my ass was dropped in the middle of Fallujah without any body armor. Yes, I do mean it gets bloody, and yes, I do mean it hurts like getting shot in the ass. It really feels like I'm giving birth out of my ass. I still manage to go about 3 times a week, usually in the morning before taking my daily dose. I don't know how I manage to go every 3 days (surprisingly, 3 days is considered very frequent with regular loperamide use), but my only plausible theory is that I eat so much that all the yet-to-be processed food forces it out. You can tell when it's almost time for me to go because my belly gets like I'm one of those Ethiopian kids on TV, except it's not because I haven't eaten but because I'm, quite literally, full of shit. It must just be so backed up that my intestines say "fuck the loperamide, I gotta unload." It might even be that my body has undergone evolution and developed a new survival technique.

Who fucking knows, really. All I know for sure is it SUCKS.

:(

Last edited:
wow^graphic....but good info nonetheless.

I do not take lope nor have I ever, expecially for opiate high's or tapers, but I do take small doses of suboxone(or rather I did), and when i was on the subs, I could only shit about once every week, sometimes even less. Which is weird because after over 7 years of opiate abuse and over 4 years of HARD heroin use, I NEVER had an constipation issues.
Yet as soon as I got on bupe, it basically was like someone plugged me up permanently....its almost like a celebration every time I shit cuz of how rare and relieving it is. Kinda embarassing but oh well.
So if you have been taking suboxone and are using lope to help with WD's or something similar, beware.

The following presentation is for mature audiences only:

The constipation can be BRUTAL. I have yet to figure out a way to make it easier, but I am desperate. Every time I take a shit it's like my ass was dropped in the middle of Fallujah without any body armor. Yes, I do mean it gets bloody, and yes, I do mean it hurts like getting shot in the ass. It really feels like I'm giving birth out of my ass. I still manage to go about 3 times a week, usually in the morning before taking my daily dose. I don't know how I manage to go every 3 days (surprisingly, 3 days is considered very frequent with regular loperamide use), but my only plausible theory is that I eat so much that all the yet-to-be processed food forces it out. You can tell when it's almost time for me to go because my belly gets like I'm one of those Ethiopian kids on TV, except it's not because I haven't eaten but because I'm, quite literally, full of shit. It must just be so backed up that my intestines say "fuck the loperamide, I gotta unload." It might even be that my body has undergone evolution and developed a new survival technique.

Who fucking knows, really. All I know for sure is it SUCKS.

:(

Take laxatives if you're on lope for more than a few days. Like two or three stimulant laxatives and you'll notice you can go and it doesn't feel like a pine cone is tearing its way through your ass.

I find they are the only ones that work. And also drinking plenty of fluids. My belief is that opiates constipate you at least partially because they seem to dry out and condense everything in your body (mucus, piss, shit etc). So tons of water seems to make everything a lot better.

wow....sixpartseven, aside from sounding uncomfortable, i am a firm believer in maintaining digestive health for longer life....that sounds like it sucks, and i urge you to try perhaps a laxative (not enough to liquidate it, but enough to move your bowels), or a method i've found when I'm having trouble, is plug 1-200ml of water up there, hold it for a while, and then expel, and some poop will come with it....i really think going 3 times a week (or less, so this applies to others, obviously) is definitely detrimental to your health...

I tried many different laxatives, none of them worked well. I have, however, noticed my "regularity" getting a little better now that I am prescribed Adderall. It helps quite a bit, and might help more if I actually took the Adderall everyday as opposed to only taking it when I feel I really need it (for ADD purposes, that is).

would lope be more affective if taken with mannitol which helps open the BBB? would it let it cause more CNS effects? and if so than i think if taken in combo with mannitol the dose would be much lower than that if you were just taking lope on its own.. thoughts?
has anyone tried this?

EDIT: 6/7 i know you said it does cross the BBB but in small amounts, so im not saying it doesn't work w/o the mannitol, im just wondering if it would make more lope cross the BBB.

EDIT2: BTW i posted this in a thread that just got closed and was told to talk about it in this thread, that's the reason for this post, as im just curious.

Last edited:
^I doubt it because its P-glycoprotein that prevents substantial quantities of lope from effectively crossing the BBB and I don't think mannitol affects P-glycoprotein. There are a lot of p-glycoprotein inhibitors out that that will allow more loperamide to be centrally active to varying degrees.

oh alright..

it was only a thought that popped in my head when i read the other thread. thanks Cane.

If you were never desperate to go through such measures to get high, then congradulations, because i have done crazy shit to get fucked up, and yet they were retarded, i guess they got my mind off it, which brings me to my present inquiry..

As being a "N00b" to this site (was a Lurker here, ooo) i have earned the creditentials for self embaressment and huimliation at what i will intend on posting here. I just want to point out, I do not know you, you do not know me, I have nothing to gain being here, and if i was being paid for my thoughts, i wouldnt be out of drugs trying to take this shit to feel something. Take that as you may, im just trying to share my expiriences with you, as its a first time situation.

I have been taking pills for 10 years everyday (I have gone maybe 3-4 days in withdrawal tops) Pills such as Oxy Contin, Percocet, Methadone, Suboxone, Norco, Codeine and anything i could get my hands on, and believe me i did. I have smoked so much Pot i alone could have thought it was legal by now, so for being on a stand point of being a drug addict, i too take the nominee award. I must note i absolutley refuse to take more then 50mg of this shit, hearing about 100mg injested, christ. i give you props. I do like to shit once a year, but hopefully i won't have a problem with that.

Im on my 3rd day of withdrawl off of pills and for once in my life i am critically fucked until the 3rd of next month. As having nothing to really lose as im suffering anyway, i was reading on this Imodium "Drama" and i wanna prove if its true to me, not to you or anyone else, but to me, but in case someone gives a fuck of my expiriences..I'll type it out here as a trip report as it goes. I am not doing this to prove if it works, im trying to prove it does not work, because i think it's bullshit personally. No offense.

4:00Pm: I have just gobbled 50 Mg worth of Loperamide(NOT Imodium AD, the regular version)..and i got about a sixer on hand (6 beers)..felt a slight itch after i injested the pills, but obviously nothing since i just took them..Im feeling like such shit from withdrawl so i hope i atleast feel better, but i have taken enough for the rumors of getting a buzz can be proven or not, which is why i chose to be a rat in my own cage to do this. It's the nothing to lose situation for me.

5:00Pm: I feel a warm sensation that could definatly be the beer, don't really feel anything yet Loperamide Related..Im feeling somewhat like something "Took the Edge off" but im not sure if it was the beers (only drank 3 so i wouldn't fuck up the loperamide report as least as possible.) I wouldnt think it would even be enough time to feel anything IF something was felt, well, we will see. Or i will anyway.

5:30Pm: Im starting to get some stomach cramps, but other then that, feeling comfortable for once in the 3 days i have had anything..I feel more "Relaxed" but i would not at all be close to calling it a high, but im guessing it's still early for what effects may be, or lack there of? I have heard it takes 2 hours for full effects. I would like to note my terribly runny nose has totally vanished, im not teary eyed anymore, im not sweating anymore, i am feeling some itching occasionally going on. I got a somewhat odd, very dry taste in my mouth, i feel alot less anxious, and less restless. At this point i feel withdrawl symptoms vanish, so to me this expirience was already worth it as how sick i was. My body is also warm, usually i feel this warmth when i take pills. i also looked in the mirror and noticed i have pin point eyes, and a tiny noticable redness on the corner of each eye.

7:00 My stomach cramps are gone,I keep itching my head and my eyes occasionally, but 5:30 was the definate time when it kicked in. My mind feels okay, as this sensation is hard to explain, its as though my mind is saying "Finally...the nagging is gone" as withdrawl usually fucks me more emotionally then physically..i felt free emotionally and physically free..The feeling a prisoner would feel getting out of jail on the first day, if that makes any sense.(Lord knows it does to me) Not high by any means..just not a victim of withdrawl, which itself to me would not consist of an Opiate High.

8:00 Same, nothing else noticable

9:00 Same.

Conclusion: I have to say for someone going through withdrawl i was greatly impressed that such an OTC medication existed for this case, and this case only. I can see now why people take this for help with going without medicine, it REALLY DOES help withdrawl..to the point where mine actually vanished on this. But unfortunatly, i must conclude that i did not feel any sort of opiate euphoria, or rush for that matter. But my body felt like i took pills..with my mind all it did was take the PAWS(Mental Withdrawl) away, which was a blessing to me. All in all my conclusion is it does NOT get you high. ONLY Take this if your sick from opiate withdrawl or need help with diarhea. And god bless my anus, because i have no idea if i'll go to the bathroom this century.

Note: If somehow we could find a way to cross the BBB, with how my body atleast felt on this, people would be nodding out all over the place fucked up, i can tell this has the potential to be a powerful opiate if more proper research was discovered and resolved with how to manipulate it. But by itself, its "The Master of Withdrawl" IMHO.

From waking up this morning, i noticed i actually went from sleeping 2-3 hours to a good 7 hours, so it also helped sleeping. I wouldn't suggest an amount i took at all because im sure you could get the same results by 20mgs..i can see how one might think there "high" because it DOES make you feel normal, like your not going through withdrawl anymore, and you can actually concentrate on tasks, annd it does help alleviate the cravings..so it won't be so impossible as it is during withdrawl, all in all i will always take this when im out of pills, as for shitting goes i have not even had so much as a hint of going, that's all im worried about at this time.

Last edited:
Ok, this must have been the longest thread i ever read on the forum, really.:)
And i though to add to the thread, even if it's ancient.

I find myself in the position, where i am expecting WD from relapsing into H after having been clean for over 5 years.
This was after 16 years of multi-use of every drug i could get my hands on, including lots of years IVing H and IMing Dormicum....

It's only been several months that i chased the dragon lately, at half a gram daily and quit that 6 days ago.
I got myself 2 Fentanyl patches of 50 micrograms/hours, and tapered this week to an eight of a patch in the morning and an eight of a patch in the afternoon, so i'd be able to do my job and get some sleep.
This may seem odd to some folks, but Fent taper is possible for me, as with H i just get high.:\
Plus fent is virtually impossible to get, and that makes the Smoking H "habit" easier to kick.
Yesterday the last piece was finished, and after reading all the info on Loperamid, i decided to get some boxes, to see if this could help me keep WD in check, and find if this will work for me.

Now when i went to the store, i found one box by Jansen, and they were Orodispergeable, or "instant melt tablets".
Upon asking if they had more of those, i received notice that they were taken out of the stores,and the box i had was the last one available.8)
I suppose this wouldt mean i quiker offset of the substance.
I melted the 10x2mg under my tongue, and they tasted great!

Now i'm curious if i'm gonna have the correct dose, but time will tell.
I'll get back to tell if anything happens.
I just gotto pull through, got so much to lose....but even more to gain.;)

Ok, i'm back and 20Mg instant melt tablets on day one helped me through my job, it really took off the sharp edged, i had jelly knees, was extremely cold, but... went to work and stayed.
took another box on days 3, i just had to make sure i wouldn't be clogged up, and had a descent toilet visit the morning after.
I Followed PHReex wd guide to the letter, including some L-tyrosine, vitB6, 5HTP and some oxazepam, and i was feeling good withing 4 days.
Worked all week, but looked like hell.
I say it's worth the try!
Plus being able to work gave me plenty of excersize and a drank a lot of tea and ate fruit all day.
Thanx, Phreex!

I'm just curious...has anyone here (and I'm sure that someone has; I'm really just looking for some solidarity) managed to kick a fairly heavy habit (fentanyl is my current DOC, unfortunately, I'd estimate my current daily dose to be ~3 mg of fent sublingually, or perhaps 240 mg of OC, if I were using that) using a loperamide taper? I've read through much of this thread and found it very interesting, but haven't seen too many "my dose of my DOC was X before I got onto loperamide to taper, and it worked well" type statements.

I know that that isn't extraordinarily heavy, as I've known people on as much as 800 mg OC per day, or several grams of raw, but it's still a bit daunting, attempting to taper/wean/get off however I can.

imo tapering to s bit lower dose with the the fent itself, then switch to loperamide to cope with WD should work.
As you may have read i switched to fent, after H, and 3mg daily was my way of tapering.
Loperamide helped quite a bit, but i suggest only to take say 20Mgin to morning and another 10Mg at night.
Just don't switch your habit to lope.
Just use it, it'll take the edge off wd.
just my .02

I'm just curious...has anyone here (and I'm sure that someone has; I'm really just looking for some solidarity) managed to kick a fairly heavy habit (fentanyl is my current DOC, unfortunately, I'd estimate my current daily dose to be ~3 mg of fent sublingually, or perhaps 240 mg of OC, if I were using that) using a loperamide taper? I've read through much of this thread and found it very interesting, but haven't seen too many "my dose of my DOC was X before I got onto loperamide to taper, and it worked well" type statements.

I know that that isn't extraordinarily heavy, as I've known people on as much as 800 mg OC per day, or several grams of raw, but it's still a bit daunting, attempting to taper/wean/get off however I can.

Yes. I was able to go from 300mg of oxycodone/day to 140mg of loperamide/day without any signs of withdrawal. I think 100mg of lope may have even done the trick just fine.

It was a godsend the first time I used it as it was finals week my freshman year of college and I ran dry of my oc for the whole week. I was able to remain productive and withdrawal free with the lope. The first few times it gave me a dirty high, but the more times I used it, the more I began to enjoy it for it's own mood lifting qualities.

Yes. I was able to go from 300mg of oxycodone/day to 140mg of loperamide/day without any signs of withdrawal. I think 100mg of lope may have even done the trick just fine.

It was a godsend the first time I used it as it was finals week my freshman year of college and I ran dry of my oc for the whole week. I was able to remain productive and withdrawal free with the lope. The first few times it gave me a dirty high, but the more times I used it, the more I began to enjoy it for it's own mood lifting qualities.

Good to hear. My original intention was to switch to buprenorphine and to do a fairly quick (off entirely within a month) taper, which I may still do, but my first attempt was met with horrendous precipitated withdrawals, which scared me enough to make me want to explore other options, in case I have a problem in the future. I'll probably want to deal with fent withdrawals for as long as I can stand, get on the subs, and taper them, using lope for the jump-off.

Unfortunately, anything too drastic is out of the question, as my situation is almost identical to the one that you just described, and thus, I need to be able to function at a relatively high level, and to get enough sleep each night to be able to avoid missing classes, papers, etc.

VERY interesting, very interesting INDEED.

I've got an assload of of Lopes that were given to my dad as a prescription(he got all kinds of scrips from the VA hospital). They're capsule form with powder inside. Looked em up and theres no filler....etc. in these. Earlier I took 40 mg Lortab. Just snorted one and it definately has intensified my high.

i'm so tempted to try this, but i have this nagging feeling everything in this thread is a giant troll

I've got an assload of of Lopes that were given to my dad as a prescription(he got all kinds of scrips from the VA hospital). They're capsule form with powder inside. Looked em up and theres no filler....etc. in these. Earlier I took 40 mg Lortab. Just snorted one and it definately has intensified my high.

I call bullshit (or placebo). A single loperamide pill is not going to do anything.

Suboxone- I don't THINK I'm a troll, but sometimes its hard to tell. It certainly worked well as a taper for me coming off morphine.

I have never tried loperamide...I have a few years experience working in pharmacy and loperamide was never one of the drugs we considered an 'abused' drug like solpadeine. What I don't understand is with it being an opiate having the potential to be abused how it can be an OTC (over the counter) medicine with no limit on how much you can buy. And also how no one in my years of working in pharmacy were aware of it's recreational qualities?
I love opiates, I must give this a try =D

Its not very recreational. Years ago when people first starting really trying this here MANY people tried taking high doses and even when they got effects, it was no where near as euphoric as other opioids.

Many (not all) experience relief from high doses during withdrawal but very few actually enjoy it as a recreational drug.

Last edited:
all i can say is thank god I have found bluelight...............

two weeks from today I took my last dose of my recent DOC.........95mg's of roxy. I have been using hydrocodone for a little over 3 years. Typical story, started taking 10-20mgs, then was eventually up to 80mg's a day before I switched to roxy's at the end of september. I quickly moved up to 95mg roxy's a day.

So I was able to obtain 24mg's of suboxone film, 14 days ago. I used the suboxone on a quick taper for around 11 days. I started at 4mg's a day for 3 days, then went to 2mg's for 3 days, then down to 1mg for 5 days because I lost 1mg somewhere (really pissed me off).......anyways, I've been off sub's since sunday at 4pm. I was fine all day monday. Started to feel rough on tuesday afternoon and by last night I was in wd's around 11pm. I was exhausted but everytime I would get close to dosing off I would get muscle spasm. Depression set in earlier in the week, so its increase last night was nothing new. In a state of panic, I remembered this thread at the sametime remembering the 24mg's of loperamide I had in the bathroom. Anyways, around 10pm last night I took it all. All 12 tablets. Man I must have felt rough to take that much anti-shitting medicine. Well.............it worked. About an hour later I was dead asleep and slept for 7 hours without waking up. I awoke at 7am feeling a little rough just for a minute, but after I was up for a bit, I started to feel great. Energy was back, depression gone, no cold/hot flasher, I was hungry, no dull pain in every bone of my body. it's been great. I was energetic all day and am still feeling great at 2:30pm the next day......about 16 hours after comsuming the loperamide.

I must let everyone know that I havent felt 'high' at all or have any euphoria accept for feeling extremely happy about having energy and not going through wd's. I was able to use the bathroom morning, but got a feeling it's gonna be a while before I go again. This has been a god send.......

I will gladly be a little bloated if it takes away my wd's. My plan is to taper lopermide over the next couple of weeks on the way to dollar general now. AGAIN, I have not been high at all, but almost high bc the happiness of wd's being gone........Thanks folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.