• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Loperamide (Immodium) Megathread: We have now lost at least 2 of our own from Lope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loperamide definately curbs the unpleasent withdrawals (at least from codeine it does)....it certainly does more than than stopping the shits...it seems to ease the whole thing (& thats on a very low dosage, 6mg or so). I'd guess that for the stronger opiates a much higher dosage would be needed).

A couple of suggestions...don't buy immodium, its bloody expensive...find a generic version which is half the price. Supermarkets sell their own version which is just the same...2mg capsules of lop.

And I have found from personal experience that if you take loperamide before codeine it lessens the codeine's effects. Take it after the codeine has fully kicked in.

Perhaps it fucks up the metabalisation of codeine to morphine in the liver in some way, may not be a problem with other opiates as codeine is the only opiate that needs that liver conversion into morphine.

this is just a load of crap Loperamide molecule does not cross the blood brain barrier. No amount of grapefruit juice is going to change that. Loperamide CAN help with the stomach pain associated with opiate withdrawal because it is able to bind to the opiate receptors oin the stomach but not to any in the CNS.

this is just a load of crap Loperamide molecule does not cross the blood brain barrier. No amount of grapefruit juice is going to change that. Loperamide CAN help with the stomach pain associated with opiate withdrawal because it is able to bind to the opiate receptors oin the stomach but not to any in the CNS.

Don't come in here talkin Your Crap.!! Mr Four Posts.!:p You need to do some research and get a Scooby Doo Clue.!=D

Sorry Laststop, patently false.

Loperamide *does* cross the BBB however most of it is exported out by P-glycoprotein hence why P-gp inhibitors allow more to be centrally active.

In therapeutic doses, such a small amount gets through the BBB that it has no central effects. In the doses we're discussing, enough of it crosses the BBB to have noticeable central effects.

And to conclude your lesson in loperamide, please try to refrain from making statements unsupported by science.

Sorry Laststop, patently false.

Loperamide *does* cross the BBB however most of it is exported out by P-glycoprotein hence why P-gp inhibitors allow more to be centrally active.

In therapeutic doses, such a small amount gets through the BBB that it has no central effects. In the doses we're discussing, enough of it crosses the BBB to have noticeable central effects.

And to conclude your lesson in loperamide, please try to refrain from making statements unsupported by science.

:D"And to conclude your lesson in loperamide, please try to refrain from making statements unsupported by science":) I LOL'D

^Very funny. It works. I'm used to 800mg coodeine and 250mg promethazine. I can feel the 32mg i cwe'd. I'm comfortable and sedated. I cwe'd to isolate as much loperamide as i could from fillers and binders etc. I'll try a higher dose later next week and let you all know. And just because a drug company states somthing dosn't make it true. It's just to push it through the fda and make it otc to up sales. When it comes to drugs, it's all politics, well not all but mostly.
Edu-tain..... i love it. :) Reminds me of the arguments i've had over codeine's 400mg ceiling limit.

Penn and Teller: "Thats BULLSHIT!!"

Constipation from loperamide seems non existant to someone who has used codeine for years. Here's my bit on a use for it. With out going into detail, less opiate receptors you have the higher you get right. Well by useing loperamide first like 30 mins prior to codeine or other drug of choice, would mean less receptors for the drug to bind to. I will try this when i stock up. Please, some edu-tainment on this theory would be nice.

I used hydrocodones/morphines for years and I found the constipation from extended loperamide use(more than 5 days-6mg a day) to be worse. I stopped taking the loperamides and have yet to have a single bm>:mad:

Soo.. after lurking this site non stop for the last week or so and stumbling on this thread at what some might call "the right time", I gave this a shot.

I got stuck going two days without my prescription due to my wife's sister who apparently likes to jack some of my meds every time she visits.

I had used it in the past for w/ds at low doses just for the GI relief. So this time I took 15 2mg pills only looking for slight relief from intermittent w/ds and found it to work quite well. No high or anything but I feel normal, which is far better than I could have hoped for.

It did however take a while to kick in, felt nothing at all for a good 1.5 hours.

Now if only I could figure out what to do about the sticky handed in law. She's in a very unfortunate situation and stays that way regularly.. so I don't ever say anything on the premise that she needs the head change more than I do.

I'm just pissed she took my last few doses and made me w/d for a couple days.

I love this website. I never thought such an easily obtainable remedy would work for me. Thanks BL!

Every once in a while whilst browsing this site I'd come across a thread like this, chuckle, and move along to converse with the adults in the room. Even in my darkest moments of teenage desperation I never considered trying to get high off Immodium because the idea seemed fucking absurd. I've heard of kids getting a buzz off all sorts of nightmarish OTC shit that I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole, and I've never heard Immodium spew out of the mouths of even the most retarded fuck ups I've met.

Over the last few months I'm suffered from idiopathic bowel irritation. I've never really dealt with this before....I'm pretty sure I've never taken loperamide in my life before this point. My guts have been bubbling furiously, I've needed to take a shit every hour and when you're a full time student it's annoying as fuck. Today out of bare necessity I bought a bottle of generic anti-diarrhea pills. I took four, and after an hour it maybe helped a little but I still felt unstable. I said fuck it and took a small handful.

30 minutes later I feel a warm opiate rush coming on. Although I'm relatively opiate naive, I have a larger natural tolerance than most and it takes about 25 mg of oxy to get me high even though I take opiates like 3 times a year. I was flabergasted at first. I mean, are you shitting me? The retards were right all along? There's an opiate high sitting on the shelf of aisle 6 in Stop & Shop this whole time? Did I waste my entire fucking childhood getting high on DXM and cognac when I could have been nodding complacently in the back of the classroom?

Nope. It's just the warmth. My pupils are constricted. My bowel irritation is gone and the opiate snappishness has set in, but the euphoria is sure as fuck absent from school. There's no way anyone who has even a small amount of experience with real opiates would mistake this for something worthwhile.

Oh well, back to reality. Stay safe kids.

^wow..... i spose you are very full of yourself. "retards" and other things like that are childish. And you're taking the view that you're speaking to kids? WTF man, WTF. What you say dosn't make sence, at all. First of all do you know the differnce between tolerance and CYP2D6 poor metabolizers? Approximately 6–10% in white populations, are affected. You may be one of them.
And 25mg is a joke, my little brother could down that at 15 and wonder what the fuss is about. Contradiction after contradiction. I hope you think about others before you post again. Peace, and no hard feeling.

apparently there are some hard feelings.

Transcendence.....no need to treat people like that. Calling people retards and shit isnt helping anyone here, including you.

And nath6023....i understand your frustration but this is a forum for PEOPLE to voice there views and advice, and PEOPLE tend to be assholes and idiots sometimes. So i reccommend that you do your best to ignore posts such as those because if you end up in an argument with someone who allready views you as a "child", then you are only gonna end up stooping to there level, and it will only make you look bad and possibly get you an infraction.
just tryin to help. i had to learn that the hard way. anytime anyone tries o talk shit to you or call you names here on Bl, just tell them your sorry they feel that way and move on.

^wow..... i spose you are very full of yourself. "retards" and other things like that are childish. And you're taking the view that you're speaking to kids? WTF man, WTF. What you say dosn't make sence, at all. First of all do you know the differnce between tolerance and CYP2D6 poor metabolizers? Approximately 6–10% in white populations, are affected. You may be one of them.
And 25mg is a joke, my little brother could down that at 15 and wonder what the fuss is about. Contradiction after contradiction. I hope you think about others before you post again. Peace, and no hard feeling.

It sounds like the post Transcendence made struck home. Your retaliatory post would have been much more effective had you not have been fucked up on lope ( hopefully the reason behind your atrocious spelling ).
Better luck next time!

Nope. It's just the warmth. My pupils are constricted. My bowel irritation is gone and the opiate snappishness has set in, but the euphoria is sure as fuck absent from school. There's no way anyone who has even a small amount of experience with real opiates would mistake this for something worthwhile.

I don't agree with the name calling and hostility here but settle down. I have been an opiate addict for near to ten years, and spent the last three on suboxone. I was taking upwards of 400 mgs of oxy a day, eating fentanyl patches and a had a tolerance through the f-ing roof. I'm almost forty, a college graduate...a long time since I was a child.

when i was a fool and used up my suboxone prescription early, and needed to get through the next six days until refill day, loperamide was a God send. I've been through opiate withdrawals that made me curl up on the floor and weep, sleepless for days, shaking, restless legs, pounding headache, sweating, nose running like crazy. When I took 20mgs of Lope after the first sign of w/ds I was shocked to discover....THE W/D NEVER CAME. I've taken giant doses of lope, small doses of lope, and every time, I've been blessed with being able to rest, to sleep, to act normal, to function, to even laugh and enjoy myself without my "real" opiates.

So say whatever you want about "reality" and "real opiates", for some of us, a bottle of Loperamide can get us through the shittiest (ha) of times and come out the other side smiling. If it doesn't work for you, SKIP THE THREAD AND MOVE ON, but insulting those of us who have found relief is ridiculous and unproductive.

Every once in a while whilst browsing this site I'd come across a thread like this, chuckle, and move along to converse with the adults in the room. Even in my darkest moments of teenage desperation I never considered trying to get high off Immodium because the idea seemed fucking absurd. I've heard of kids getting a buzz off all sorts of nightmarish OTC shit that I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole, and I've never heard Immodium spew out of the mouths of even the most retarded fuck ups I've met.

Over the last few months I'm suffered from idiopathic bowel irritation. I've never really dealt with this before....I'm pretty sure I've never taken loperamide in my life before this point. My guts have been bubbling furiously, I've needed to take a shit every hour and when you're a full time student it's annoying as fuck. Today out of bare necessity I bought a bottle of generic anti-diarrhea pills. I took four, and after an hour it maybe helped a little but I still felt unstable. I said fuck it and took a small handful.

30 minutes later I feel a warm opiate rush coming on. Although I'm relatively opiate naive, I have a larger natural tolerance than most and it takes about 25 mg of oxy to get me high even though I take opiates like 3 times a year. I was flabergasted at first. I mean, are you shitting me? The retards were right all along? There's an opiate high sitting on the shelf of aisle 6 in Stop & Shop this whole time? Did I waste my entire fucking childhood getting high on DXM and cognac when I could have been nodding complacently in the back of the classroom?

Logic = 1. Transcendence didn't get euphoria from using loperamide the first time at an unknown dose. 2. Transcendence represents the emotions and physiology of every other human on earth. 3. Therefore, no one in the world will experience euphoria from loperamide (the very first time at an unknown dose).

Loperamide took awhile to grow on me. The first ten or so times I took it, no matter what the dose was, I didn't get that much euphoria. I would take it, and within 30mins a very dirty high would come on that would make my eyes incredibly droopey and red (keep Visine handy for the first few times).

After doing it a few times, I realized that several hours after the droopey, dirty high wore off, I would be in a better mood and have a difficult time shutting the fuck up when talking to people.

When I tried taking loperamide again, this time to quit suboxone, I took 80mg (my standard dose is between 60 - 140mg) and didn't feel anything for an hour and a half except tiny waves of warmth. Then, a little before two hours, I felt a high much like poppy pod tea come on. It was a warm, fuzzy, happy feeling - not as euphoric as oxy but more euphoric, for me, than tramadol, kratom, darvocet and suboxone (all of which I find euphoric in some way). I guess it is best compared to methadone.

I'd take the loperamide high any day over hydrocodone because, while hydrocodone may make me feel like an A for about 45 mins, loperamide makes me feel like a solid B+ for 4 to 6 hours, and I feel kinda good for a whole 20 - 30 hours.

Having quit opiates now, I find loperamide to be my biggest challenge as it is so easily attainable. I haven't taken anything, including lope, in 70 days, but sometimes I think about buying it and taking a quick, creative vacation.

Great work CitioKid, stay strong. My biggest fear about losing opiates in my life is my loss of creativity. I used to be an avid writer, and when I quit painkillers, it just stopped. It breaks my heart that I don't get the same rush and joy from writing as I did. I wish I could find a way to get it back, but I know Oxy isn't the right way to do it.

We're here for ya...stay positive!

Great work CitioKid, stay strong. My biggest fear about losing opiates in my life is my loss of creativity. I used to be an avid writer, and when I quit painkillers, it just stopped. It breaks my heart that I don't get the same rush and joy from writing as I did. I wish I could find a way to get it back, but I know Oxy isn't the right way to do it.

We're here for ya...stay positive!

Exactly. I'm a writer too - just finished college with a creative writing degree - and quitting has certainly been a challenge.

But i remember all the times I relapsed before - I justified it because I "needed to write and live hard like all other writers do." Well, i'd relapse, and sit in front of the computer, and despite being happier, I wouldn't write any better.

On opiates I always seem to start projects but never finish them. Now, with two months sobriety, I actually wrote and completed a short story for the first time in months. And, of course, it's about drugs...

we need to figure out the most effective way to do this, if its even true. apparently having loperamide crossing the BBB IS POSSIBLE but what worries me is, if its as potent as fentanyl, or even close, and say you wanna experiment by doing an CWE and administering the [somewhat] pure loperamide either orally, nasally or IV, and you figure, around 30mg might work, so you take it along with GFJ, and then end up waking up in withdrawal from the naloxone injection that was lucky enough to wake you up from your serious OD (imagine 30mg of fentanyl).

But more research has to be done on this nonetheless! with the right info, this could be just as easily abusable as an opiate as dxm is as a dissociative

I can only imagine the future news stories: TEENS GETTING HIGH ON DIAHRREA MEDICINE. "im physically addicted to immodium, everytime i see an IMO i cant help but dissolve and load it into my barrel". Parents should watch out for slang terms like "Modiums, Modes, Ums, M's, Lope, Ride" to make sure your teen isnt involved in this raging epidemic.

And before you know it, its in history books 100 years from now, like about how brand name Heroin was sold OTC for morphine addiction, and loperamide, a fentanyl analog was sold otc for diahrrea
i know this is a 3 year old post but if your still out there Fractalstructure but that was pretty fucking funny

It's so funny to see people rant when they have NO IDEA what they are talking about

I know it's an old post and Cane has thoroughly responded to it, but it just irritates me to no end to see people try to discredit others because something didn't work for them. It irritates me so much that I can't help but respond to it anyway.

I've been taking Loperamide for 10 months now as a maintenance drug. I came from a 7 years of heroin use. I don't feel withdrawals when I take it, but when it wears off, I feel very severe withdrawals. In 2009, I used it to taper off Suboxone, and tried to do the same again in 2010 but have been stuck and unable to lower my dosage.

Are you going to tell me this is placebo? I'd love to see you try.

Read the literature on loperamide again. For the 100000th time: It DOES cross the BBB, just in VERY SMALL amounts. Most of it is kept from crossing, though. If you take enough, enough will cross to ease withdrawal.

Does it get you high? If you call it's effects a "high," then sure, but I'd hardly consider it a "typical" opiate high. But does it ease withdrawal? Absolutely.

To your credit, it doesn't seem to work for everyone. Just about half of the people I know personally that have tried it seem to have success with it. I don't know why, but just because it doesn't work for you or for him or for her doesn't mean it won't work for anyone else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.