• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Loperamide (Immodium) Megathread: We have now lost at least 2 of our own from Lope

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^

waaaaait. . . . .so your trying to make a pun to lose-r-mind?

if so clever!

more info defs needed, post back soon plz prepster.

CWE on loperamide and then dried and snorted soudns fun, if it gives a decent effect

so does mashing down half a bottle with some grapefruit juice.

love to see if these work, but not so sure atm. testers please? heh

p.s. as for constipation, i dont know. ive never ever had constipation from opies; i can use 600mg codeine every day for a week and still have a huge dump every one of those days....

ifonly - i'm not about to test doses that high of loperamide. 32 mg made me sick for a day like any other opioid would, and the nausea echoed for another two days afterward. never gonna repeat that.

you say you took 90 mg? dude you are not going to shit for a year. actualy youll probably just die from fecal matter rotting in you and leaking out into your bloodstream. dude seriously. they come in 2 mg pills, and 6-8 mg is very nessesary for me when im in withdrawal. but that is sufficient t doesnt vie me abuzz v\but i dont feel so fuckign sick.
and by the way in some people, for some reason albeit a huge minority of people, actualy do have some of the cross the BBB and there are some taht even like it, like you i guess, except that i simply cant believe you becasue your claim of 90 mg loparamide. that is justfukcing rediculous man and has to be waaaayyy bad foryour colin and shitl(pun intended).

I have taken Imodium quite a bit for bathroom problems. But one thing I have noticed is after taking them I do get dizzy. And it does feel like I have taken a few Hydros(2-3). I know about Hydros cause I have been on them for the last 6 months. Not saying Im an expert but the feelings are somewhat similar.(in a way) I told my GF that but she thought I was crazy. But anyways the feelings I got were very short lived. I wouldnt go out of my way to buy a lifetime of Imodium. So maybe just maybe there might be some potential but I'll stick to my Hydros.

we need to figure out the most effective way to do this, if its even true. apparently having loperamide crossing the BBB IS POSSIBLE but what worries me is, if its as potent as fentanyl, or even close, and say you wanna experiment by doing an CWE and administering the [somewhat] pure loperamide either orally, nasally or IV, and you figure, around 30mg might work, so you take it along with GFJ, and then end up waking up in withdrawal from the naloxone injection that was lucky enough to wake you up from your serious OD (imagine 30mg of fentanyl).

But more research has to be done on this nonetheless! with the right info, this could be just as easily abusable as an opiate as dxm is as a dissociative

I can only imagine the future news stories: TEENS GETTING HIGH ON DIAHRREA MEDICINE. "im physically addicted to immodium, everytime i see an IMO i cant help but dissolve and load it into my barrel". Parents should watch out for slang terms like "Modiums, Modes, Ums, M's, Lope, Ride" to make sure your teen isnt involved in this raging epidemic.

And before you know it, its in history books 100 years from now, like about how brand name Heroin was sold OTC for morphine addiction, and loperamide, a fentanyl analog was sold otc for diahrrea

Last edited:
There has been a bunch of talk of manipulation for Loperamide to cross the BBB. Take a search in the forum; there's too many risks in doing so.

LOL, that's fucking hilarious dude. I almost want to go to the store and try it as I'm not opposed washing down 45 pills with some grapefruit juice. But I don't know, that might just the most desperate way to get high I have ever tried. Oh wait, I forgot about huffing freon when I was a teenager.

FractalStructure said:
we need to figure out the most effective way to do this, if its even true. apparently having loperamide crossing the BBB IS POSSIBLE but what worries me is, if its as potent as fentanyl, or even close, and say you wanna experiment by doing an CWE and administering the [somewhat] pure loperamide either orally, nasally or IV, and you figure, around 30mg might work, so you take it along with GFJ, and then end up waking up in withdrawal from the naloxone injection that was lucky enough to wake you up from your serious OD (imagine 30mg of fentanyl).

But more research has to be done on this nonetheless! with the right info, this could be just as easily abusable as an opiate as dxm is as a dissociative

And before you know it, its in history books 100 years from now, like about how brand name Heroin was sold OTC for morphine addiction, and loperamide, a fentanyl analog was sold otc for diahrrea

Well said. If an effective means is found along with a practical way of dosing it correctly this would be revolutionary. Stocking as much Immodium as possible once a way is found to cross the BBB and then selling the shit as soon as the DEA pulls it from the shelves. Good god, the profit.

clubbinguido - it doesn't matter what you do with loperamide. just having an opioid receptor affinity doesn't make a drug euphoric. and loperamide isn't going to give you heroin style highs.

snort it and it will cross the barrier in very small amounts. it is by no means a "pleasurable" high but as a replacement therapy can help prevent you from going out of your mind.

- amar

yeah, it's the 90 mg claim that really makes this thread unbelievable. would you ever be able to shit again in your life?
it's interesting to know that you could snort it for better effects to help with WDs though.

I have taken some high doses of immodium (no where close to 90mg though) and i dont think the constipation is any greater than with recreational doses of oxy, heroin, or whatever. I am very skeptical, but curious about this whole snorting jazz. Also is it possible that some enzyme defficiency is allowing this troll *cough* i mean kid to get high on immodium?

2 tablets (2mgs each) of this makes me constipated for a few days. I'm interested how you manage to defecate after 90mgs.

i hope this new thing goes away quickly and doesnt have any truth cause I live by this stuff. Cause when my stomach is killing, Imodium is the only thing that helps me get through the stomach probs. I work at a Drugstore and Ill keep a ear open to see if anything comes up. Found out about the pseudoephedrine way before all these annoying restrictions went in.

xxanxxtwo said:
Hmmm, I still vote placebo but we'll see..

Normally Id agree, but there was a huge discussion about this over in advanced drug discussion and a study was posted that showed that there are very rare cases in which loperamide can cross the BBB in certain people and induce regular opiate effects.

Thats why I dont quite doubt this story, it could be one of those rare occurances.

263px-Loperamide.png

Removing NaBH4 will chop off that chlorine which increases it's mu agonism by a factor of 40. Esterifying that bare -OH would almost certainly make it much stronger again. If you look at the diphenoxylate skeleton (the forerunner or loperamine)

Diphenoxylate.jpg

You will see the similarities. Diphenoxylate certainly WAS abused and so became became schedule 2 and only availabe when mixed with atrpohine. The -CN to C(O)N(CH3)2 change will actually increase activity.

FractalStructure said:
I can only imagine the future news stories: TEENS GETTING HIGH ON DIAHRREA MEDICINE. "im physically addicted to immodium, everytime i see an IMO i cant help but dissolve and load it into my barrel". Parents should watch out for slang terms like "Modiums, Modes, Ums, M's, Lope, Ride" to make sure your teen isnt involved in this raging epidemic.

that post made me lol....i can only imagine if loperimide ends up beiing abuseable....."hey man, i got the lope!" "YEA! lets take too many and get a bowel obstruction!"

I think the OP is total BS, loperamide does help quite well with the GI and stomach problems of WD, but getting high on it?...i think not. The op needs to get a box of nurofen + or something, will prolly think hes od'ing on 60mg's of codiene.

Status
Not open for further replies.