• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Loperamide (Immodium) Megathread: We have now lost at least 2 of our own from Lope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I must say I am pleasantly surprised.

All most all of my body pain type w/d, rls is gone.

Mood lifted, which is a big positive, because some seriously depressing shit is what has made this w/d especially bad (usually I breeze right through).

There is a buzz, definably not opiate familiar, more of the dissociative type, like how I washed my hands, and ended up studying the filament of the incandescent light bulbs in my bathroom. Doing so made me take pause.

A cigarette outside in my boxers made me realize that most of my physical symptoms were gone, usually ANY BREEZE while I am w/d annoys/infuriates me, the pleasant breeze outside felt good and I enjoyed it.

I am Going to Say B+ for withdrawal stabilizer.

C- for something to get "high" off of.

I also think my initial dose of 24mg was maybe too much, and will redose tomorrow with less. Also for my situation I see no reason to hunt out any potentiators at this time, unless the beta blocker I took is potentiating. Tomorrow I will drop the BB and see.

^this describes pretty much my experience exactly. Also there is no point in potentiating loperamide its cheap as hell and ready available, just take more. Potentiators won't make it more enjoyable, just increase the effects you've felt.

I have never been able to enjoy a cigarette in w/d and most of the time the thought alone disgusts me and I was shocked when I actually wanted one after taking lope my first time for w/d.

Just remember how long the half-life for lope is, I found once daily administration suitable and at proper doses would largely hold me and I'd still be regular.

Also, remember you are taking an opioid so you'll need to taper the lope. Sometimes people take it for a few days or so with great results then are shocked to start withdrawals when they stop the lope. A slow 1-2mg/day reduction is optimal but you can do it quicker if you'd like.

I am so glad that this has proved to be an invaluable tool for regular opiate users. Like I said, I have no tolerance to them so my somewhat "enjoyable" experience is easily explained with that in mind.
Now I know what to do if I start playing with real opiates and have to stop suddenly.
But shhhh, keep it a secret. If those 13 year olds catch wind of this we'll have all the public schools covered in exploding teenagers...

And my "high" was virtually nonexistent, just made my body feel really nice. That's why I had to smoke eventually. Just doesn't get you stoned... Good with bud though.

Last edited:
i am guessing if you're reading this you know what opiate detox is like.

MISERABLE!!! sweats, lifelessness, aches all over, the jimmy legs or restless legs, inability to sleep, hiding from anything active....the list goes on.

my point is LOPERAMIDE works. it's cheap. u can get it at the dollar store generic for 48 pills for $4.00. just take enough to stop the diarehhia and jimmy legs. take some OTC sleeping pills to sleep then ween yourself off of the loperamide.

LOPERAMIDE is a god send for me

LOPERAMIDE actually makes me feel a little high too.
(i know what you're thinking ...it doesn't cross the BBB.....sorry, for me it does a little although i am not in the modd to argue with anyone about it. if it doesn't work for you...sorry)

i am detoxing today. i saved one hydro b/c my doc tests me occasionally. never did that before. i save my last hydro for the day before my appt. i dont drink alcohol...just dont like it and dont do any drugs other that HYDROCODONE so i pass my screens with flying colors.

so today i am off to the dollar store for some OTC sleeping pills, some LOPERAMIDE and this time i am taking LOPERAMIDE with ZANTAC and pure grapefruit juice. i read a few places the high is a little better.

best of luck to all of you.
if you want to kick your OPIATE habits i wish you all the luck (and i really mean that).

my life is a trainwreck so opiates make a miserable existance a little nicer and i am never giving them up.

i also read on a near death experience website that had 10,000 testamonials of people who died (science said they were dead) and came back to life.....that people with addictions dont go to heaven. i hope that is not true. also hope i can kick my habit before i meet God.

sorry one last thing.....

loperamide is sometimes hard on the stomac and makes a chalky feeling in the mouth.
a fix for that is bread and milk.

i also read on a near death experience website that had 10,000 testamonials of people who died (science said they were dead) and came back to life.....that people with addictions dont go to heaven. i hope that is not true. also hope i can kick my habit before i meet God.

lmao

I'm pretty sure that the sensations and visions created by a near-death experience are caused by DMT being released from your pineal gland, to save your mind from the horrors of death. It's likely that an imbalanced brain chemistry leads to a malfunction in this system. Who knows...

that's a frightening thought - frequent drug use could offset your brain chemistry and deny you a pleasant transcendence from life to the afterlife. almost makes me want to stop... has anyone looked into this?

^ that question is explored here a bit http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=512250

if there's an afterlife, i don't the way our brains are setup really matters. we almost surely won't bring much memory or personality with us. if there's something more than what we know about the brain, perhaps that goes somewhere but i think it'd have to go somewhere no matter what whenever the brain no longer houses it, drug use or not

so stop worryin :p

have some bread and milk with your lope

-

cimetidine/gfj would most likely increase loperamide's blood concentration by a lot if it's like other opies in that sense. if you do that on top of taking a giant dose like the what's used here to get high, i can see you getting psychological effect. a portion does make it past the BBB protein since that sort of thing is an equilibrium process

i doubt a good opiate tolerance would allow even gfj to do much to the effects though

most who try this won't shit for days and will be rather uncomfortable i think

i thought i read about possible neurotoxicity with lope? probably in this thread if i did, anyone know?

dunno i know that DMT is realesed during the death ,just not at what point..i have technically been dead nemerous times...if you consider no heart beat..no breathing..etc. for a numbe rof minutes...most were drug od's but some were car accidents or a srious accident...i remeber only darkness and a "feeling" of existing" but just existing as in being something ,,,not able to think of anything or see any thing or feel anything physically mentaly emotionaly just felt in a state of awareness that there was .......... nothing .........thats it i felt nothing but i felt that it was nothing.....thats whats crazy ..no images from the mind no formation of thought or sensation of any kind except that (mothing but darkess is all i saw an di felt it too..nothing else) its so hard to describe feeling nothing but being awar of nothing....not even like being under in surgery..you are just out....this was blackness and no sound no time no sens eof anything except that you were existing in drakness and that all...you could not even think the words of what you felt...nothing was nothing but it felt like nothing...i felt ...i can't explain it...its black your there..thats all ...you know you are there...and there is nowhere...nothing comes to mind...no thouhts only a sense of being a molecule of darkness in an ocean of eternal darness...that as close to it as i can describe but thats more than you realize at that time ...wierd ...maybe the DMT had only partially kicke din or ???

IDK about the neurotoxicity of loperamide. My brain felt fine, but this twitch in my right eye hasn't quite stopped yet. Almost though.
And I haven't quite been regular... But it's getting better. However, I'm trying to find poppy seeds somewhere and that's not gonna help with regularity.
But yea...
yea......

IDK about the neurotoxicity of loperamide. My brain felt fine, but this twitch in my right eye hasn't quite stopped yet. Almost though.
And I haven't quite been regular... But it's getting better. However, I'm trying to find poppy seeds somewhere and that's not gonna help with regularity.
But yea...
yea......

I'd go with pods rather than seeds. Or/and codeine

That also sounds like a viable source for the alkaloids I seek. But it's hell trying to find anything around here. There's a Whole Foods Market about 20+ miles away which I'm thinking of visiting, to pick up some bulk seeds (which I hope they carry).
Other than that though... Who else carries pods? Would Michael's have them? Right now I'm trying to figure that out. There's a wholesale florist here in town, they may carry it (?). Then again it seems that you have to place an order with them for any product.
It's beginning to look like we'll have to order online... What do you guys think?

ive never seen pods in a store, and never seen bulk seeds at whole foods but ive only been to one store.

Lope is good for withdrawls. Has not affected my movements any more than any other opiates, and definitely less than oxycodone. I wouldn't get so desperate as to chase it for a high, there are lots of other opiates that do a better job, I would grow my own poppies before I OD'd on Lope.

Also don't clutter the thread with offtopic stuff about "what happens after you die" and religion, you are just trolling for an argument in an otherwise informative thread.

My question is; I know that lope probably will not test positive on a basic drug screening, but what about an advanced opiate panel?

So two days ago I decided to take some lope to help get me through work without any w/ds so i took about 16-20 mg part liquid part tablets. Waited for about 2 hours didn't feel high but was able to go off to sleep. The next morning i drive off to work feeling a little under the weather but not too bad it had been approximately 14 hours since initially took the lope the night before. Before i went in to start work for the day i smoke a cig. About 4 drags(20 seconds) after i had started smoking it i got a huge body high and got all confused, checked my pupils in my rear view mirror and they are just tiny little pins and i feel completely fucked up again kind of in that stimulating phase pre-nod. It was the weirdest thing. So basically I'm curious why/how that happened and if anyone else has had a similar experience, with lope or another opiate/oid?

Ok for the last few days i have been using Loperamide with Fucking Amazing results.!! What made me a huge fan of this stuff is the "Pain Relief" i am getting from it with only 20-30mg once daily crushed in a big spoon of honey. I also saw a few posters talking about good pain relief. Normaly by now i would be so miserable with BAD withdrawals & Pain that i would be in bed. I have been able to sleep six hours each night and feel well enough for whatever.! When i was withdrawaling awhile back i would only take a few mg to keep off diarrhea. Hell, if i only knew what i know now.! I did get a big body buzzz off this stuff, but know real opiate high that i recognize. ..but like a previous poster said "Feeling normal is a buzz all its own when withdrawaling".!! So now i am blazing ahead with my own medical trials to see witch P-gp inhibitor works the best. I am starting off with clarithromycin 500mg and 30mg Lop. I am looking at the list of inhibitors here: http://www.genemedrx.com/PGPtable.php

I can get my hands on quite a few of the "inhibitors" ..and will report back results. If anyone else is doing this let me know so we can compare are findings and what not. Like witch inhibitors you are using and at what dose ect .. Cheers ;)

^it really makes no sense to unnecessarily take a strong antibiotic thus contributing to you building a tolerance to its effects and raising the risk of acquiring infections they won't treat when you could get as good or better results from just taking more loperamide.

Other P-gp inhibitors are pretty benign but none of them have any advantage I can see over just titrating your loperamide dose up if you want stronger effects. The potentiation won't change the nature of the effects or make them more enjoyable, just stronger the same way taking lope would.

Thanks Cane

^it really makes no sense to unnecessarily take a strong antibiotic thus contributing to you building a tolerance to its effects and raising the risk of acquiring infections they won't treat when you could get as good or better results from just taking more loperamide.

Other P-gp inhibitors are pretty benign but none of them have any advantage I can see over just titrating your loperamide dose up if you want stronger effects. The potentiation won't change the nature of the effects or make them more enjoyable, just stronger the same way taking lope would.

Thanks Cane.! I didn't think about building a tolerance to infection when taking an antibiotic. Dah.! Too bad cause i feel my lop kicking in a lot harder and with a noticeable warm High this time. Maybe if i only use this method once in awhile and or when i have an infection. I prob will still countinue to look for other inhibitors now that i know clarithromycin works. I will do it as safe as i can and report any bad results to keep others from doing this cause i know i am not the only one going down this road. Just courious ..what is the largest mg you have taken? ..the main reason i am doing this is the Huge pain relief i am getting from it ..almost as good as morphine.! I did not expect to get such pain relief from this stuff. Cheers ..Rx

Status
Not open for further replies.