• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Loperamide (Immodium) Megathread: We have now lost at least 2 of our own from Lope

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Would surgeons (who are addicts) risk their license, by using surplus fent/morphine etc - if all they had to do was go to their nearest conveniance store and get some lope?

Same goes for any profession really.

If this was truely accurate, it would be EXTREMELY well known. There would be no way of hiding this for more than a couple months.

If this guy ISN"T bullshitting/experiancing placebo - then my guess would be that he falls into a VERY small minority of people that have altered brain chemistry to the rest.

Do you HONESTLY think this OPIATE wouldn't be tested IV, before it would be put onto shop shelves?!

I think not, my friend..

No. I don't buy it.

1) Had you done any other drugs in the past 24 hours?
2) Were you already hooked on opiates at the time (I think placebo is more powerful in non-addicts)

I just cannot believe that a drug would be put on SUPERMARKET SHELVES, that could be simply thrown into a spoon and banged-up, and have an effect like demerol.

And if it WAS, I'm pretty damned sure this would be known world-wide by addicts within a couple months - and pulled from the shelves.

Its just too hard to believe..

It was quite a while ago. Thankfully, I don't go that far anymore.

1. No
2. Yes

Placebo or not, all I know is we both got intensely high and felt the same effects. I honestly think it has something to do with our genes. By the way, the other guy was a huge opiate addict at the time as well and was absolutely 100% convinced it worked.

We'll never know until a scientist comes around...

Last edited:
Yeah, 14mg. We did upward to 16mg once. Apparently there is a case study somewhere of some guy who had developed Parkinson's from slamming lope as a habit after 4 months but fuck me if I can find it. This was years ago when I was in complete opiate hell, fuzziness included. And either way, who says placebo can't be just as powerful? I certainly knew I took it, I was extremely reckless then from addiction and felt something for it is all I can report. Thankfully I quit the needle after almost getting amputated (no, not for loperamide).

I have found immodium to constipate me as much as vicodin. I regularly insufflate Opana, and i find that to be MUCH more constipating than lope ( I have taken up to 30mg of lope in one sitting as a reference point). So basically, what you are saying regarding lope's safety in higher doses is shot to shit.

wow your special. I'm just warning about the obvious that taking 15 times the suggested dose could cause some constipation maybe alot. and everyone being the individual they are , maybe they will react differently... but harm reduction sake, i'd rather state the obvious.

Also , im interested in this substance purely for wd symptoms.. i would never consider it for getting high.

Last edited:
I really would strongly recommend anyone out there reading this not to be a guinea pig and try this shit out. Only time, politics, and science can really give us a conclusive answer.

3rd day, experienced bloating lastnight took 10 mgs of biscodyl laxatives, shit in the mornin. back to a full nights sleep, as far as withdraws go this substance has value. My dosage has stayed between 6-10 mgs with grapefruit juice, every 8-12 hours. During these days i stayed active, easily...

I do consume a fair amount of mj and or jwh-018 a day tho, so that could also play a part.

^Well,I dont see how it would be any worse then the high doses of more powerful opiates we take daily...think,the recommended dose for loperamide is 2-4 milligrams...for an opiate niave individual,for an opiate addict it would take 20-30 milligrams for the same effects Im sure.(maybe a little less).Or with say Oxycontin(seems to be popular around here)It may take an addict 80-160 milligrams per sitting,but an opiate niave individual would get the same mental and constipation effects from 10-20 milligrams.

Since I am out of subs and having severe w/d's I am gonna try it. I dont think I could feel much worse and I need something to slow the craps.

^Well,I dont see how it would be any worse then the high doses of more powerful opiates we take daily...think,the recommended dose for loperamide is 2-4 milligrams...for an opiate niave individual,for an opiate addict it would take 20-30 milligrams for the same effects Im sure.(maybe a little less).Or with say Oxycontin(seems to be popular around here)It may take an addict 80-160 milligrams per sitting,but an opiate niave individual would get the same mental and constipation effects from 10-20 milligrams.
It all depends on the level of addiction and the conjunctive tolerance.

im not completely sold on this, but have tried it a few times with ok results, as far as helping with withdrawals. My question is, can it help with all of the physical withdrawal symptoms, like the hot and cold, irregular blood pressure? That is by far the most annoying for me, and I'm really hoping that some hefty (10-15mg) doses will curb those symptoms.

Alright guys, I'm not an opiate junkie, and have only played with hydrocodone and codeine really. I took a massive dose of oxys once. They were pissing me off because I didn't feel shit, so I took the rest, and hours later I still felt nothing, so I drank a bunch of vodka.
The next day I didn't leave bed except to vomit. Terrible idea I know now, and I've been told I could have died, but I was young and foolish and had never tried oxy before.
That was my only experience with it... Horrible time...
Anyway, I have terrible GERD and was having one of the worst attacks of my life a little bit ago, so I had my girlfriend take me to the pharmacy. I got a box of cimetidine and loperamide (the acid reflux gives me diarrhea anyway). I've taken one of the cimetidines, but still have mild heartburn so I suppose I'll take another.
I've also taken 12 loperamide tablets (24mg).
I am (obviously) hoping that the antacid will aid in lope's crossing of the BBB, and I'm also hoping (just guessing) that the amount of acid in my gut (and most likely the extensive damage caused by such) might cause better absorption of the loperamide.
At any rate, I'm looking forward to the pain leaving my digestive tract and to not using the bathroom every five minutes.

I thought that this should be interesting to whom it may concern.
http://www.genemedrx.com/PGPtable.php

So, upon reading that and finding that loratadine is an inhibitor of p-gp I promptly took a Claritin-D (pseudophedrine's in there, but we don't have claritin by itself...).
Anyway, I've been sitting here, starting to feel... nifty (?)... I haven't smoked weed since this morning and I've been resisting the urge to do so, for fear of messing up my results with an unrelated euphoria. I did notice that slight pressure you get in your chest when standing on opiates. Heart was slightly slowed (compared to normal heart rate upon standing).
So far so interesting...
Oh yea I forgot, I was getting antsy and took six more lopes, bringing my total to 18 (36mg). I've also gotten a cup of cranberry juice cocktail. Nobody drinks grapefruit, so I mixed it with some Orange-Mango-Peach blend (orange is a mild p-gp inhibitor).
And I'm prescribed sertraline that I consume every day (also a p-gp inhibitor).
So far I have definite effects, however mild, similar to opiate intoxication. It feels REALLY nice to streeeeetch, like vicodin. Ahhhh...

Last edited:
Well guys, I'm afraid that I musta smoka da doja. I feel that the peripheral opioid effects are predominant, but very little of them affecting my current state of mind. I feel nice, but not high, so...
Doja...
Hang on a second...............

Okay, that's nice. Went down smooth. With barely a cough after exhale. It seems that loperamide has a cough-suppressant effect similar to codeine. Definitely cures my cough better than DXM, and that's saying something.

If you have GERD, or something similar, a dose of cimetidine and loperamide stops the burning that floods your system, and keeps the acid from leaving (in both directions).

I definitely had effects last night that were not placebo. Loperamide works when mixed with cimetidine and sertraline, of this I'm sure.
However, I'm really pissed off this morning for no reason. I just woke up and I'm irritable as hell. I'm actually contemplating taking more generic imodium, but this would just postpone this aggression until tomorrow.
I'll just deal with it and chalk it up as a learning experience.

thx

I definitely had effects last night that were not placebo. Loperamide works when mixed with cimetidine and sertraline, of this I'm sure.
However, I'm really pissed off this morning for no reason. I just woke up and I'm irritable as hell. I'm actually contemplating taking more generic imodium, but this would just postpone this aggression until tomorrow.
I'll just deal with it and chalk it up as a learning experience.

Thanks for the thorough report Pothedd.! I am very interested in loperamide & cimetidine helping us opiate dependent folks out when we are in withdrawls. I think we have enough evidence in now from all the friendly foke here blazing trails in there own med trials to prove these combos work to help cross the BBB.! Maybe we should start a list of all the things we know that help cross the BBB. By what works best to all the things that help less. Like a Chart??

If there was a contest to determine the most reccurent, neverending, infinitely multi-sided controversial topic in this forum, Loperamide would surely win.

I know I've posted in this thread before at some point; don't even recall what I said. Anyway, I think that even those with the most severe of habits would have a hard time detesting the relief value Loperamide/Immodium can offer in times of withdrawl. Everyone should know that they can find invaluable relief from this drug when they really need it. Inversely, everyone should know that if you take a lot in the interest of getting an Opioid high, you will be disappointed. Notice my careful choice of wording, as I'm not saying anywhere that "you can't get high off of Immodium," but rather that if you try, it will be a let down, guaranteed.

It's amazing to me how vehement people get over this topic though. It's almost become a phenomenon, if you will, which is as entertaining as it is educational.

Last edited:
I think I see what people mean about its metabolites though. They may be stronger than the drug itself. As I said before I woke up today pissed off. So I took some zolpidem.
It made me not angry anymore. Just kinda sleepy. Not so much sleepy but my eyes want to be closed, even though I'm awake.
It's my belief that the weed and ambien today is greatly affected by the opioid ingested yesterday. They're both working a lot better than they usually do. A LOT better.

oh yea, but my right eye keeps twitching. I heard someone say something about that somewhere before, I just know it...
But they said it went away so I'm not trippin'.

Last edited:
YOoOO! I justs copd' some LOPE YO!

j/k

Decided to give this a try, in day 4 of w/d from a decent 12 day binge. Picked some up this morning from the Big Blue Box mega store, generic 48 pills for about $6.60 after tax. Started with just 24mg straight up, plus a beta blocker, washed down with some mountain dew.

I am about 30mins since dose, have noticeable dry mouth. Have a laundry list of errands today, especially since I spent the last few days hibernating.

Taking this ontop of regular dose of tramadol, 350mg daily.

I am skeptical, but also optimistic, and my little junkie mind is making up fantasies of being able to binge, then walk away without a care or pain, in a sense I hope this doesn't work..

As far as people gawking at the dosing and # of pills. These pills are pretty small, think a little less than the size of a tylenol or excedrine. Once you hold it in your hand, taking 12 at once is really a non issue at all.

Will report back with results.

If this is a no go, will try grapefruit juice, then prilosec.

Status
Not open for further replies.