• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Loperamide (Immodium) Megathread: We have now lost at least 2 of our own from Lope

Status
Not open for further replies.
MY QUESTION:

Has anyone ever tried Loperamide to WITHDRAW and found it not do anything? Like pop whatever dose and find the withdrawals were still 100% there?

This is one of the hardest threads to make inferences from. Everyone seems to say something like "loperamide stops withdrawals" or "loperamide is a great withdrawal aid" but then where are the other 100 people loperamide isn't doing shit for?

Id like to see those people speak please so I know when it comes time to wd loperamide won't be what I'm using. And even if you were to wd using loperamide, the amount you would need seems absurd.

How long does lope last? Like 4 or 5 hours? So you have to take 50 pills every 4-5 hours? Thats like 200 pills a day? X 30days 6000 lopes a month. I'd be broke by the end of the month lol (I should mention idk shit about loperamide)

it works great for w/d. basically your body symptoms disappear. and i'm pretty sure lope lasts longer than 4-5 hours. but just replacing an opiate with lope would probably be delaying the inevitable.

^I've only ever used it in moderate (about twice the recommended) doses, just to stop 'the shits' when cutting back on pods/codeine. Seems to work ok..

I think the people doing these huge amounts of it are trying to either achieve a high (possible at huge amounts apparently), or to prevent withdrawals from a powerful opiate *on its own*, ie no other aids like sub, kratom, a weaker opiate etc.

I'd hazard a guess that huge amounts of loperamide are dangerous, personally.

i never used crazy amounts but 12-24mg would produce definite relief. but i was only in w/d for more than 1 day about 4 times (i always had shit). the final time i detoxed back at my folks is when i used lope cause i didn't even smoke weed or nothing.

Ill be another guinea pig. Took like 10 tablets earlier with a mouthfull of ground black pepper for the piperine..noticeable tiredness. Slight moodlift. Im about to take 32mg. will post how it turns out.

How long does lope last? Like 4 or 5 hours? So you have to take 50 pills every 4-5 hours? Thats like 200 pills a day? X 30days 6000 lopes a month. I'd be broke by the end of the month lol (I should mention idk shit about loperamide)

According to my Nurse's Drug Guide (a text for a pharmacology class I took) the duration of effect is 24 hours. A lot of people I've talked to who have used it to withdraw/taper found single daily administration sufficient. I took it once a day, it substantially helped the withdrawal and right before my next dose I have completely normal BM, no constipation or diarrhea.

EDIT: I've seen many people talk about stomach pain/cramps from higher doses. When I first took a larger dose (24mg I think), I had stomach cramping also but then I learned that because of this a lot of preparations contain anticholinergics like atropine to counter this effect. I've tried it with a lower dose of diphenhydramine or a regular dose of doxylamine (which I find helpful in withdrawal for other things) and I never experienced cramping/pain again.

Shit -- I meant to post this like two years ago, but I caught a terrible loperamide habit and have been too loaded to remember long enough to type my response.

100 mg of Loperamide + 1 shaker of black pepper + 1/2 liter of olive oil (extra virgin) + 1/2 liter of cimetidine HCl, taken rectally twice daily, definitely gets me as high as a 4-bag a day H habit!!!!!

[Edit: Okay, just kidding.

The truth: Just adding one more vote of confirmation (before the thread dies, which it is obviously at great risk of doing sometime soon)....

I really have used loperamide during a cold-turkey suboxone withdrawal (stopping at 3-4mg/day after tapering down fast from 8mg daily for a year) with positive results. I would take 12 x 2mg loperamide pills at a time, about twice a day, plus about the same number of DXM liquigels (foget mg). On reflection, DXM probably made it worse, but at least the combo would get me well enough to go to work for six to eight hours. (Not feeling great, but not puking either. Shoulda took more loperamide, but I'd never heard of this back then.)

Oh--and once, when I was in the hospital for a benzodiazepine overdose (the drs called it a suboxone od and refused to believe I took benzos as well) and they withheld my suboxone prescription from me, I asked the nurse for "some pepto or Immodium or something for diarrhea" due to withdrawal (this was previous to above, before I knew it was actually good for anything but diarrhea; in fact, this is where I got the idea; thx doc!). That apparently stirred up a bunch of controversy on the unit, since the next day my doc confronted me and accused me of trying to swindle opioids from the nurses to get high. (This, after the nurse gave me multiple benzos to sleep! Hahaha! Well, would be funnier if I'd been able to sleep.) She said asking nurses for loperamide was a "red flag" and obvious sign of junkyscumbaggism. So there's that, too. Maybe the doc was just a quack, I don't know. (She also tried to trick me into detoxing by saying I had some kind of kidnery failure and would die, but when I asked another dr to review the test he said I was fine; a second doc confirmed.) Still, if it provokes lectures about leading a life of lowdowndopefiendishness--what more proof do you need? It works to ease withdrawal--why else would physicians want to deprive an opiate dependent patient of it?

Last edited:
MY QUESTION:

Has anyone ever tried Loperamide to WITHDRAW and found it not do anything? Like pop whatever dose and find the withdrawals were still 100% there?

This is one of the hardest threads to make inferences from. Everyone seems to say something like "loperamide stops withdrawals" or "loperamide is a great withdrawal aid" but then where are the other 100 people loperamide isn't doing shit for?

Id like to see those people speak please so I know when it comes time to wd loperamide won't be what I'm using. And even if you were to wd using loperamide, the amount you would need seems absurd.

Um, try 24 to 36 hours. And you don't need 50 pills per dose. 12 or 14 would do it most likely, maybe a few more.

Ill be another guinea pig. Took like 10 tablets earlier with a mouthfull of ground black pepper for the piperine..noticeable tiredness. Slight moodlift. Im about to take 32mg. will post how it turns out.

how did it go >?

20mg+ gave me excessive cramps. wierd that lope works one time I used for sever w/d. but a different time, it felt like it had no effect besides more stomach cramping.

the first time i got well with lope, ended up getting some opiates the next day, and I have to say I got rediculously high from it, didnt think it could happen b/c my tolerances was high at the time.

is lope any good for potination? probably wont ever use it b/c i savor my bathroom brick drop sessions more but its a intresting thought

I don't doubt at all that it can help some of the peripheral withdrawal symptoms. When there was a problem with my morphine script, I think I had 6 x 2mg pills. Just helped with the shits though, probably would need more to deal with other symptoms

But, as for getting an actual opiate high? Well, I think the placebo effect is a very powerful thing

This really works. I was skeptical, but after reading Sixpartseven's honest to god testimonial of how it worked, I decided to give it a try. Wow; it works. I've found 48mgs to work for me for a full 24 hours at least. Just want to say thanks to Sixpart, because no one else really laid out an enthusiastic tale of its capabilities like him. I can't believe how normal it can bring you back. Just awesome.

Lol i ended up taking the whole box 24 tablets of it. And it felt something lol..it made me really tired with a possible slight mood lift. Woke up the next morning exhausted barely able to get up for school. Took a shit 2-3 days later ROFL Ackon too shitting dryed cement but a little harder.

Loperamide is definately not placeabo. I have gotten high off of it without any wd's. Also why does everyone freak out about having to take 15-20 pills of lope at a time? When you take an 80mg oc wouldnt that be the same as 16 5mg percocets or whatever? If they were 2.5 mg magnacets then u would be taking 32 pills to equal one 80mg oc.......

^ fair point - but taking loperamide is - i dunno - desperate ? lol

i guess we all see it for what it is - even tho we are all junkies of a sort :\

Does anyone here have a chemistry background? I was wondering what the process is to get polysorbate 80 to bind to loperamide. You can get loperamide from any drug store OTC and polysorbate 80 is sold online as Tween80 for like $50 a gallon. If you mixed the lopermide and spun it in a centrifuge (used ones are available for under $250), the very heavy loperamide (based on molar mass) should separate to the bottom of both the water, and the filler/binder in the loperamide, leaving you with pure loperamide. Polysorbate 80 is highly soluble in water. Lopermide is somewhat soluble. Both are very soluble in alcohol. Mixing the pure loperamide and polysorbate 80 in alcohol would allow them to interact, but this might not necessarily mean that they will bind, allowing the polysorbate 80 to coat the loperamide molecules. Would they bind at all on their own, and if not, what else needs to happen to get them to stick?

Loperamide is definately not placeabo. I have gotten high off of it without any wd's. Also why does everyone freak out about having to take 15-20 pills of lope at a time? When you take an 80mg oc wouldnt that be the same as 16 5mg percocets or whatever? If they were 2.5 mg magnacets then u would be taking 32 pills to equal one 80mg oc.......

Difference of taking 15-20 pills of Loperamide VS 1 80 OxyContin is that you get hell a lot more binders and fillers in you from the Loperamide.

Status
Not open for further replies.