Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Trip to India

zer0502

Bluelighter
I've searched and found some good posts on India, but I'd like to see if anyone has more to contribute.

I'll be in India next week and will be travelling to Delhi, Varanasi, Agra, Goa, and Mumbai. I already have a basic travel plan and sites to see, but I'd like some more info on things the tourbooks can't tell you. I'm not asking for explicit sources/prices, but if anyone can shed some light on the modern drug culture of India or their experiences there (similar to Lazyvegan's Ketamine story) I would appreciate it.

Just a few more specific questions:
Of course I'm interested in Bhang/Charas, but I'm having trouble finding specific information. Will government run Bhang shops tolerate tourists? Has anyone had experience with this stuff?

How prevalent is opium, is its legal status completely defined in all cases?

How common is it for dealers to be police informants? (i.e. rickshaw drivers sell
you product then turn you into police)

What can I expect in Goa, being that it's March? What should I look out for?

Again, I don't need specific sources/prices, I'm not trying to violate the rules.. but any good information is appreciated.. Thanks guys.

Last edited:
I'm not asking for explicit sources/prices,....How prevalent is opium, do Bhang shops sometimes carry it

Sniffs of a source inquiry to me. Please rephrase a couple of your questions or the thread will be closed

phase_dancer said:
Sniffs of a source inquiry to me. Please rephrase a couple of your questions or the thread will be closed

Sorry, just trying to get maximum information while still following the rules.. if there's anything else wrong with the post, please let me know/edit it.

Dr. Beat said:
I get the same reaction from poppy seeds, so that is why I have stopped myself. I have had opium many times in India (eating), and smoked opium a few times in Thailand, and it felt MUCH better (and cleaner) than the poppy seed 'high', and I did not get a headache.

I am guessing they put some chemical, or use a chemical to clean the poppy seeds, and that is what gives me the headache. I also got bad shivers once taking poppy seeds, dont know what that was from.

I took that from a thread down a few, give that guy a pm and ask away!

My time in India was 10 years ago, so my info may be out of date:

*bhang: I never saw a govt bhang shop (they're not in every part of India), but it was easily available in cafes and stuff (sold as bhang lassi - lassi is a yoghurt-type drink). I'm not 100% sure of the legal status, and it was a little bit undercover (it wasn't on the menu, for sure ;)), but it was easy to get.

*Goa: it'll be damn hot in March. I was there over New Years, and it was packed - lots of Europeans getting some sun over their winter Christmas break. Drugs were everywhere, you couldn't avoid them. Acid, speed, coke, E. I suspect that a number of dealers were informers - certainly, dealers we spoke to said that other dealers were informers, which could have been true, or a way of stealing their business. Be careful - personally, I didn't feel it was worth the risk and I stayed away from hard drugs in Goa except for one pill bought at a rave and immediately swallowed.

*Varanasi: there are drugs (weed anyway) everywhere: the hard part is not finding drugs, it's getting rid of the dealers. I told more dealers to fuck off in Varanasi than I have in my entire life ;) We were sold "opium" cookies, but I've never taken opium before and for all I know it was hash - it didn't feel very different from cannabis. Not sure of the legal status.

(p_d: sorry if this gets too close to sourcing. You have to be aware that in places like Goa and Varanasi, the dealers assume that all Westerners are drug fiends - it is actually hard to avoid the dealers whether you want stuff or not - so any info we provide in this thread will not make it easier or harder for the OP to score).

Pushkar in Rajasthan is a definite must see set in the Great Indian Desert. Also Rishikesh on the Ganja is fantastic, lots of hippies and Sadus.

It is really important to understand that just because India can be a veritable smorgasbord of drugs, it does not mean that they are legal. Too many westerners become very blase' about the ease of scoring drugs and subsequently get busted and not all Indian police are readily bribed in trying to beat a bust. If you get a chance go up to Ladakh in the Himalaya, weather permitting, as it is out of this world.

Also one last thing India is not for the faint hearted, it is an experience sometimes fantastic other times gut wrenching. It's not really a holiday but more of an emersion into another world. In saying that it's my favorite place on the planet. I had the great pleasure of living there as a child and frequently go back there. In saying that it never ceases to surprise me. Enjoy!!!

Yeah India was pretty mad, and the opium I thought was like chewy hash, but nonetheless it was definately opium.

Jaisalmer and Jodhpur are quite interesting places in Rajastan. Saw a Bhang shop in the former.

Great hash to be found in Delhi too in the infamous backpacker area. People ask you openly but I found a rickshaw guy who cycled across about 4 suburbs to get me some kick ass hash. Best I have ever had (except isolater in the Dam but thats slightly different)

Goa was full of hash too but occasional dogs on beach up and down. Be careful and respectful. Dont take the piss. They all know it goes on anyway.

I am sure if you ask around then you'll find what you want

Man if I was going there the last thing Id be doing is buying drugs. I might perhaps share a spliff or something like that though if it came along. Get caught there and your life is over.

I went to india about 6 years ago

I had an abscess under my tooth come up from hoovering up too much of a certain stimulant before getting on the flight, then going from auckland, melbourne, singapore, dubai, mumbai with only short stopovers.

When I landed it was a golf ball sized lump on the side of my face, and I was in and out of fever.

Went to dentist, all I understood in English was "ROOT CANAL" and various sign language to explain that it was either "ROOT CANAL" or chance of infection spreading to bloodstream and death and he said 3 other words. "NO ANAESTHETIC SORRY"

I went to pharmacies and explained that I needed ketamine (the only thing I could think of based on rumours of what might be available) and yes they did have it. They asked for a prescription and I was in a good position to demonstrate that I needed urgent surgery, I think I said "LOOK I'M A DOCTOR GIVE ME PEN AND PAPER AND I WIL WRITE A F**KIN SCRIPT" and they simply sold it to me, in liquid form with a meaty great syringe.

This is not a recommendation or endorsement, just a crazy thing that happened one day, ok.

India drugs/law

I dont know is this the rigth place to ask this but il give it a shot.

Its about indian drug laws.

Im going to india very soon,

. Will they but me in jail if im havin drugs for personal use or do i just need to pay some ticket etc?

[edit] no prices/availability etc

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe just stick to the common pharms which are pretty easy to souirce over there like valium, hydrocodone, maybe even ketamine.. if you're gonna get heroin and shit like that i'd be overly cautious