PDA

View Full Version : mdma + suboxone

Burgie
27-02-2007, 00:02
Hi,
I have a friend who is on suboxone and he wants to roll for the first time with us. He is worried about the combined effect of mdma and suboxone so I said I'll do a search online and try and find out for him any negative effects or anything you should be careful of. Any help would be much appreciated.

I believe suboxone is a opiate prescribed to people coming off Heroin.
The following is his dose.
Buprenorphine Hydrochloride + Naloxone Hydrchloride
Taken Sublingually (under the tongue)
From what I gather when taken under the tongue the effects of the Naloxone aren't felt - it's put into the Buprenorphine as a detterent from injecting because if you inject the naloxone wouldn't let you feel the effects of the buprenorphine.

On the information form it does say not to take the following medication

anti-anxiety medication
antipsychotic medication
sedatives
certain antidepressants including MOI's
Cough medicines containing opioid related substances
strong pain killers
certain medicines for treating AIDS

cheers

Burgie....

Zan-fan
27-02-2007, 21:45
I am personally on Suboxone a.k.a. Buprenorphine.

To anyone out there who is addicted to opiates/opiods, be it heroin or hydro/oxycodone, Suboxone is a miracle drug. I've been addicted for 7 years now, as well as having been enrolled in 2 different methadone clinics. For the past 18 months its been only suboxone and it has changed my life. I havent taken any kind of opiate since. Don't get me wrong, I dabble with maybesome benzos or amphetamines every now and then.

Back to the subject at hand. Since I have been on suboxone (18 months) I have dabbled with multiple other things and have not had a problem. I have used it with many different forms of amphetamine (none of which was X, just because I cant get it) and not had a problem. That includes adderall, phentermine, and thats about it on the amphetamine front. I used ketamine with it and no probs.

The biggest threat I know about suboxone is this. If you are on opiates of any kind, you cannot take suboxone untill your showing signs of withdraw. Usually 48 hrs. since youve used anything. I know a guy who was on 2-3 methadone wafers a day and took an 8mg suboxone and ended up in the emergency room from pain.

Good luck
Zan-fan

johanneschimpo
28-02-2007, 22:11
I've taken mdma with suboxone, it was just fine.
of course, as with anything, if you OVERDO it, you could see some bad signs, but there are no harmful interactions between them.
Actually, it was more than just fine. At the time I was an addict, so not taking opiates was not an option, but the combination was better than mdma alone would be.

Burgie
03-03-2007, 02:46
thanks for the info guys - much appreciated :)

bzamp
11-04-2007, 17:36
I have noticed, that bupe enhaces the effects of stimulants, if both are taken in certain time+dosages. Bupe=>increases dopamine, by antagonizing kappa opioid receptor.

flukes
13-04-2007, 05:11
removed

suckmydrugs
21-09-2007, 06:47
interesting.
so, I am on subutex (buprenorphine), NOT SUBOXONE.
i can still take MDMA and feel it?