Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

MAOIs in australia

ifonly

Bluelighter
k so im quite interesting in experiencing the spirit molecule (DMT), however i dont have access or enough privacy to do fancy things like adjust ph levels and do chemical extractions etc.

i have access to appropriate acacias, and have been researching for hours on end from books, BL and erowid for about a week now. while ive learnt a lot, often i tend to forget important things under the sheer volume of knowledge i am rying to digest :p

anyway, the point is, once i get a natural source for dmt, whether it be acacias or some phalaris grass, im going to want an MAOI to go with it. after much, much searching, a helpful bit of info is that i'd want around 250g of dried plant matter or thereabouts for a decently acting MAOI. thats heaps tho, and is expensive. (i cant buy from online shops)

now what i was wondering, is if there are certain places where one could find other MAOI plants in australia. i know that syrian rue (peganum harmala) has been used, but am unsure as to whether it would be in any nurseries or herb shops (i shall try to look tomorrow) - and the same goes for b. caapii.

anyway, so yeah. if anybody has had a succesful dmt + maoi experience in australia, could you plz send me a pm so that i may learn a bit more from someone whos actually been there? (and maybe find out where to look for a good MAOI)

anyway many thx

brendan

Keep replies in this topic away from sourcing and availability or the thread will be closed guys. It's very touch and go.

Ive seen a few MAOIS around

I would suggest looking a certain herb shops though youll probly have to ask behind the counter as I dont often see them offerd on the shelf.
(though i dont think im allowed to mention it by name)

I saw someone seeling a couple of diffrent Maois and cacti at a festival on the weekend so if your out and about keep your eye on it.

I saw b. caapi (ayahuasca vine) for sale at a certain festival a couple of years ago (don't ask) so it would seem it is available if you know where to look. Syrian rue seeds are also sold online. Passiflora varieties are also available and said to contain beta carbolines.

Please note that there are possible penalties for possessing harmala and b.caapi. Passiflora extracts have also been known to cause allergic reactions and worse, so approach any thoughts of experimentation very carefully. At the very least, speak with those who have experience in this area before deciding it's a worthwhile exercise.

I have 4 friends who have taken a traditional ayahuasca brew and all found it to be very beneficial. However, in all cases the sessions were conducted either by an experienced shaman or an ethnobotanist. One friend traveled to SA just to partake in a traditional ceremony

I don't think st johns wort will cut it at all. It doesn't even seem to interact with MDMA (note: dont mix maois or even ssri's with mdma), if anything it made it weaker for me! It also has SSRI properties as well as MAOI, but they are very weak and could be different from pill to pill, or whatever form you find/buy it in.

I believe caapi and syrian rue are commonly used in oz for maoi.

If you can hunt down acacia you wont have a problem getting hold of some.

MAOIs can have some nasty side effects, if you don't cut particular foods from your diet. Aged cheese and red wine from memory - you could check an on line consumer information leaflet for a prescription MAOI such as Nardil to check for side effects and precautions.

ayjay said:
MAOIs can have some nasty side effects, if you don't cut particular foods from your diet. Aged cheese and red wine from memory - you could check an on line consumer information leaflet for a prescription MAOI such as Nardil to check for side effects and precautions.

That stuff only matters if your on an MAOI-b... caapi and rue are maoi-a

Rue isn't hard to get at all, you could probably source it from aus on the web, just remember to use the correct botanical term when searching for it.

Caapi can be imported but at some risk, seems AQIS have published material on what needs toi be done to import it (ie. pay for heat treatment) but if customs catch you they'll bust your arse for importing harmine. Which is strange considering they occupy the SAME building in Melbourne

http://www.aqis.gov.au/icon32/asp/e...to+full+text&intSearch=1&LogSessionID=2210890

That stuff only matters if your on an MAOI-b... caapi and rue are maoi-a

Monoamine oxidase A is involved in serotonin catabolism. This is the one that requires that tyramine is restricted in diet.

I wouldn't take something like syrian rue unless i really knew what foods, drinks, chemicals or drugs to stay away from 12 hours before and after consuming it with something like DMT.
Doesn't harmaline have the highest amount of Maoi's? I don't know but the source i read explained that syrian rue was potent/dangerous, if used incorrectly or in conjunction with day-to-day things.
I have however smoked the acacia, probably the same you speak of and I have mixed it with the following in different combinations and amounts.

Passiflora
Mullein
Blue Lotus

I find passiflora intensifies and creates a drowsier more disorientating effect. Mullein is mixed with smoking mixes to make it easier, less harsh. It's also beneficial to ingest for the lungs (or so i believe). Blue lotus is a strange plant, i have added parts of the bright blue/turquoise flower into my mix which apart from causing a palette of bright colours and different texture i found very very interesting.

I don't really know much about MAOI's at all, does anyone know where i can find more info about what they actually do in the body. Isn't a monoamine something that naturally oxidises in our and they inhibit that happening?

don't really know much about MAOI's at all, does anyone know where i can find more info about what they actually do in the body

A good basic biochemistry text will inform you of the role of MAO. A pharmacology text will provide an explanation on how reversible and non-reversible inhibition of enzymes works.

IXinX said:
I wouldn't take something like syrian rue unless i really knew what foods, drinks, chemicals or drugs to stay away from 12 hours before and after consuming it with something like DMT.
Doesn't harmaline have the highest amount of Maoi's? I don't know but the source i read explained that syrian rue was potent/dangerous, if used incorrectly or in conjunction with day-to-day things.

Harmine is the MAOI.

I have however smoked the acacia, probably the same you speak of and I have mixed it with the following in different combinations and amounts.

Passiflora
Mullein
Blue Lotus

DREAMTIME :)
I find passiflora intensifies and creates a drowsier more disorientating effect. Mullein is mixed with smoking mixes to make it easier, less harsh. It's also beneficial to ingest for the lungs (or so i believe). Blue lotus is a strange plant, i have added parts of the bright blue/turquoise flower into my mix which apart from causing a palette of bright colours and different texture i found very very interesting.

I don't really know much about MAOI's at all, does anyone know where i can find more info about what they actually do in the body. Isn't a monoamine something that naturally oxidises in our and they inhibit that happening?

Enymes like DMT are usually attacked in the gut by monoamine oxidation (destroying, rusting if you will). Inhibit that enzyme, and voila. There are thousands of MAOI. This process renders many foods, esp. fermented, dangerous. Erowid is your friend