• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Piracetam to be banned.

i have no idea. could someone 'in the know' please reply to this thread as soon as possible as i use piracetam daily. why would they possibly want to ban this substance?

It won't be banned. Look Vitamen D is on the same list, as well as Nitrous and some other chemicals that are in no way going to be scheduled.

If anytihng it will get the same schedule as 5-HTP has in queensland. You must talk to a naturopath first and discuss any meds you are on before sale is available.

If i'm wrong please point it out for me.

from another forum i am on:

Hi, this decision was made in October 2006; there's no record of reasons.
Why? Because it harmonizes with NZ through the trans-tasman agreement.
The trouble with this is that the original NZ decision to schedule piracetam was because

"it was primae facie a drug that ought to be prescription and was new."
New?
Ought to be prescription? is this the same drug one prominent researcher declared "safe as salt"?

For some reason the NDPSC seems to think that the trans-tasman agreement obviates the need for them to consider the headings under s52E of the TG Act when considering scheduling a substance.
In a further twist, post-meeting submissions were called for from the public "addressing the points in 52E" when commenting on the scheduling. Ummm NDPSC guys, I think you've got something a bit back-to-front here...52E was designed to act as a mechanism to mandatorily consult with before scheduling, not as a guide to how people should frame their objections to your arbitrary decisions.

so if they are banning piracetam, why are they not legalizing BZP, to 'harminize' ???

somethings rotten in denmark.

That doesn't say it's going to be banned -- it says that they're considering placing it in SOME schedule. Many of the schedules are non prescription (e.g. S2)

Yeah, I couldn't quite see what the fuss was based on the mention in the TGA gazette

Good to see you 'round again VelocideX. 'tis been almost 3 months to the day.