Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Finding Lye

8ft-Sativa

Bluelighter
Hey hope this falls under guidelines.

Im planning a mescaline extraction and have been thinking about doing one for a few years now, now im gathering up all I need.

im haveing a little trouble with the American teks and how they name brands of things we dont get here.

Im after some Lye, wich is mainly used as drain cleaner, i can get , Drano but its only 50% so ill give that a miss.

Is there any Aussie brands people know off?

Or even potassium hydroxide KOH, but i think that will be even harder to find than lye.

Now im asking brand names not sources so i think this question is sweet.

Thanks

Extractions I think are fine, as it's been covered all over Bluelight before, but synthesis is where most mods draw the line at. It's really upto moderators discression. I dont think the old Hive rule still exists but I could be wrong.

You'll find most Lye has aluminium particles in it to stop it being used for drug production. If you visit a big hardware store you'll probably be able to find someone to ask, make sure they don't follow you to your car and grab your rego though if you look like you won't be using it for it's designed purposes.

Thanks man, i know Lye is used in soap makeing so thats my cover and i travel by foot so ill be pretty sweet.

Im not sure anything other than 100% lye will work. Aluminum particles damn!

Will that fuck up a reaction or will the finished product just be cut with it. I can deal with that as im not smoking or snorting anything i make, only oral.

in a nutshell...

mix lye and water (slowly!)
add cactus powder
add xylene or toluene or naptha in my case

shake gently.
allow to stand undisturbed for two days.

draw off xylene
add dilute hydrochloric acid to the xylene

collect water layer and save
add more HCl to the xylene

collect water layer and save... do this agian one more time with more HCl.

take all three water extracts, combine and dry in a 200 degree oven.
once dry, shut off oven and remove...
rinse crystal mass with acetone.

scrape
use.

Be careful with the shit, mescaline extraction seems easy but not everyone can do it safely.

Yes, ask the place for Lye for using soap. That is the best lye to use and a great excuse :)

Under no circumstances use lye that has aluminium in it.

You should be able to tell as the aluminium reacts with lye when water is added. It will fizz although depending upon the size of the Al particles it might not be that noticeable. The reaction releases small amounts of hydrogen gas and produces soluble aluminates.

Near pure NaOH and KOH are available from appropriate outlets. You should be able to find online suppliers that also sell soap making ingredients. Both NaOH and KOH are used in the manufacture of bio-diesel. There's nothing illegal about experimenting with biodiesel production at home, but remember, the government wants a levy of ~37c/ Litre of homemade biodiesel :\

Go to the hardwear store and buy some Caustic Soda. No one at the counter will blink at you for buying it, they don't care and its not in anyway a watched product.

NAH don't kill urself making it. ie, no open flames and boiling solvents etc. u can get 99% NaOH as caustic or KOH as PH up. If u basify it and leave it for 2 days it'll be ruined or severe loss of product. After making basic and defatting make it acid again and reextract with water to stabilize the molecule. The simplest/safest method is to do simple Ethanol extraction on powder for a few days then drink or evaporate, no acid or bases needed, No solvents, except Vodka or stronger 40% Alc minimum. If u plan on anymore complicated method, make sure u are well versed in LAB techniques.

P.S. DON'T RIP OTHER PEOPLES PLANTS!