Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Testing Kits

wangman

Bluelighter
I’ve been thinking about buying a testing kit and the 2 kits that I have seen advertised around the net are the MARQUIS REAGENT and the MANDELIN REAGENT kits

The only thing is which tester do I want?

They will both show up MDXX in the tests however one test will show up K and PMA while the other one will show up 2CB and DXM

Firstly I know that that K isn’t a desired component in a MDMA pill but what the hell is PMA, 2CB and DXM? I’m guessing there also pretty nasty if you only want a MDMA pill.

Cheers

The Wang

PMA is a dangerous substitute, made from an easier to obtain starting material than that required for MDMA manufacture. PMA has been responsible for several deaths in Australia.

2CB is a phenethylamine (as opposed to MDMA which is an amphetamine). It produces quite different effects to MDMA.

DXM is found in certain cough medicines and produces a range of effects depending upon dosage. Higher dosages can be very dangerous.

My suggestion is to consider buying both kits, and if your budget allows, also purchasing Simons reagent which indicates the presence of secondary amines (e.g. MDMA, meth etc). All three are available from Enlighten

phase_dancer said:
PMA is a dangerous substitute, made from an easier to obtain starting material than that required for MDMA manufacture. PMA has been responsible for several deaths in Australia.

2CB is a phenethylamine (as opposed to MDMA which is an amphetamine). It produces quite different effects to MDMA.

DXM is found in certain cough medicines and produces a range of effects depending upon dosage. Higher dosages can be very dangerous.

My suggestion is to consider buying both kits, and if your budget allows, also purchasing Simons reagent which indicates the presence of secondary amines (e.g. MDMA, meth etc). All three are available from Enlighten

If i use all 3 test kits isint that going to mean that i'll be using 1/2 a pill just to get results? How much of a sample do u have to use?

While I don't do any illicit drug testing, I am involved in the design and production of the kits. It's important to note that the kits only give an indication of the possible presence of certain drugs. In that sense they are no-where near as accurate a detection system as the more advanced analytical procedures. However, without government approved access to these more advanced forms of testing (such as GC/MS or ion scanning technologies) reagents are all that's available.

what would happen if a sample was half mdxx and half special k or any other item? would it show mdxx colour or the other?

It would show black (mdma), and probably not show the presence of ketamine.
ketamine pills have never given a strong reaction for me with either mandelin or marquis

If I had to choose, I would be more inclined to go for the tester which detects K. Much more common ingredient in aussie pills and if you are expecting a MDMA experience can make for a very unenjoyable night out. Obviously good to have all of the testers though.

Just buy both. The amount of pill that is needed to test is minute. I use 3 different testers and I wouldn't even use 1/8 of the pill.

"It would show black (mdma), and probably not show the presence of ketamine.
ketamine pills have never given a strong reaction for me with either mandelin or marquis"

so if thats the case and quite possible for other combos, the only thing the testing kits are good for is to show a real rough "indication" of what the major component of the pill is... your still in the running for some unpleasant surprises if there are other undesirables mixed in.

So basically unless the pill is mostly made up of something other than MDXX i'm guessing 70%+ the result is still going to come up as a MDXX result… eg a pill that’s 60% 2CB and 40%MDXX will still come up as purple/black even though its mostly made up of the bad shit!

Some people say they know when something else is in a MDxx combo pill and what it is because of the colour it changes straight away is slightly different. This is easier to do witjh speed though. In all my experience testing ketamine pills, most of the time a pretty large chunk/scraping was needed, and it still showed pretty much no reaction. And these pills were most of the time strong ketamine.

If a pill is mostly speed and some MDxx, mandelin is the best to use to check that. It will go green before purple/black.

2C-B and MDMA I can't tell. I don't remember how fast thew 2C-B reaction is.

Its a pitty that they dont do a test which wont react with MDXX but will react with the other nastys so u know straight away if ur MDXX pill is cut with some other crap straight away without guessing

wangman said:
Its a pitty that they dont do a test which wont react with MDXX but will react with the other nastys so u know straight away if ur MDXX pill is cut with some other crap straight away without guessing

sooo true

Yeah it sucks, but hey, i don't have a GC/MS lab. I find that any pill with a reasonable amount of MDXX in it will turn purple eventually, but you do usually get a hint of what else is in it. For example, I tested a red volkswagen a while ago which was almost certainly a meth/MDMA combination. Purple reaction from Marquis. However, mandelin went very bright green before gradually going to purple. It'll give you an idea, which is better than nothing. Helps with the completely bunk pills too.

There is a test that,t according to literature, won't react with MDMA but will with Methamphetamine. If I can find someone authorized to verify this, it might be added to Enlighten range of testers.

As for Ketamine and test results; Mandelin is normally regarded as quite a sensitive test to ketamine. True, a mixture of MDMA and ketamine may be quite hard to determine, but Enlighten test results have indicated pills containing both MDMA and ketamine as well as some ketamine and meth mixtures.

Enlighten Test Results - Adulterated pills - page 2

As mentioned, experience with the kits can help immensely with determining unusual reactions.