Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Is LSD really LSD?

stealthtrucker

Greenlighter
I have a question.

Is LSD in Australia safe to consume? I mean..

There has been like one or two lab busts for LSD ever right? I just don't see how it could be the real deal.

Most probably MDA or MDMA that everyone is buying as LSD??

I read about some synthesis for LSD and if you fuck up you can still get a product to sell I read and this can be bad for the person taking it as its not really LSD but some intermediate.

Anyone know what I'm getting at here?

Is LSD in Australia really LSD?

You can't fit an active dose of MDxx into a paper tab or microdot. I don't think they even weigh whatever the threshold dose is. Common LSD substitutes include DOB, 5-MeO-AMT and 2C-P, and I believe the latter two require tabs the size of postage stamps to absorb active doses.

I'm pretty sure every tab reviewed is LSD, except for maybe one or two that claim DOB. Even that may be unlikely.

Man, the LSD im buying is definitely not MDA or MDMA, and i can say with confidence that the stuff i get isn't an RC either. The effects and duration all match LSD exactly. Sure, some LSD can be adulterated with other compounds but to say that all "LSD" in Australia is something else is definitely a false assumption.

I have bought acid that was given to me in a sugar cube. Has me thinkin is not what it seems. Though it had acid like effects, I havn't had any experience with RC;s and only a few with acid so I'm not sure what is what

Immortal Teknique said:
Sure, some LSD can be adulterated with other compounds

I tend to think that has more to do with quality and purity myself, the difference between good crystl and not-so-good crystal is really quite great.

considering the amount of candyflipping that goes on you sure hope so... and to be honest i've never heard of fake LSD being sold, whereas I've known many trippers, and 2 LSD dealers, one who got busted WITH LSD, tested and found guilty in court...

and thats before i even take people's opinions into consideration.

Low dose LSA can fit onto a blotter.

And I'm not sure how true this is, but some people try to synth LSD from LSA, and the final product isn't very potent and contains intermediates as you say. But most of the acid going around these days is still LSD, it's just not the greatest dose. People tripping in the 60's would require about 4 or 5 tabs to get the same effect as one tab back then.

DOC and DOB would be the most popular drugs being put on blotter besides LSD these days.

Chronik Fatigue said:
I tend to think that has more to do with quality and purity myself, the difference between good crystl and not-so-good crystal is really quite great.

Agreed, however active doses of DOB, DOI, DOC etc can be laid on normal size blotter. America is flooded with the stuff.

Quality and purity do play a factor however i don't think they are substantial enough for me to doubt whether it is LSD or not. Ive had some fairly dirty acid but i have still been confident that it was LSD....

There is defiently research chemical tabs that get around oz, eg the pharoahs a little while ago which were DOB.
2mg is a the max of any compound you would get a normal size blotter, so you see that is enough to make active dose of many substances.

But saying that the majority of paper is believed to be aliced, often old and degraded.?

and remember a good experience has o do with many factors.

I think the chemical produced in manufacturing your talking about is iso-LSD.
It is simply an inactive isomer of LSD, iso makes up a fair portion of the product before being purified for street.

Pharaohs were not DOB, that i am sure of, unless there were two batches. I was eating them for ages, they were low-med dose of LSD.

Must have been another batch.

The only definitive way to determine if the product you have consumed is in fact LSD, is if said product has undergone GCMS or you have personally produced the substance at hand. Generally we are able to make educated guesses on what a certain blotter may contain but as we all know there are many factors, other than the substance itself, that make up our experiences.

This being said we can all make assumptions about the makeup of certain blotters, but at the end of the day, they are only going to be educated guesses at best. These guesses are going to be based on previous experience and known effects and duration of the substance.

yes, as these substances are unfortunately illegal and GCMS is not available to the layman all information is purely anecdotal.

lil angel15 said:
The only definitive way to determine if the product you have consumed is in fact LSD, is if said product has undergone GCMS or you have personally produced the substance at hand. Generally we are able to make educated guesses on what a certain blotter may contain but as we all know there are many factors, other than the substance itself, that make up our experiences.

This being said we can all make assumptions about the makeup of certain blotters, but at the end of the day, they are only going to be educated guesses at best. These guesses are going to be based on previous experience and known effects and duration of the substance.

No see i disagree. DOB, DOI, and DOC etc are all too different to even be considered when tripping on acid, for me anyway. Clean acid has complete absence of body load, a strict duration, obvious and unique effects, enough to make a very, very educated decision. The DOx compounds have substantial differences. Durations of 30+ hours, i mean how can that be confused with acid. Tweaked out meth-like stimulation, different visuals.

Something like LSA might be confused with LSD but the DOx compounds IME are easy to distinguish.

You should just get your blotters and go up to the closest policeman and ask them to test it for you, they'll do it free of charge ;)

retrogradeamnesia said:
There is defiently research chemical tabs that get around oz, eg the pharoahs a little while ago which were DOB.

You scared me for a second here but then i realised that no, what i had was acid. 8 hours, no speedy stimulation, everything acid is supposed to be, so unless there is two batches the pharoes are acid.

Yeah I agree, DOB can in no way be confused with LSD. DOB feels toxic, the hallucinations even sync in with bad physical discomforts, and the comedown is horrible. The peak does last around the same time though, but DOB takes longer to fully come on unless you've eaten another phenethylamine before hand (like speed or MDxx)

the_ketaman said:
You scared me for a second here but then i realised that no, what i had was acid. 8 hours, no speedy stimulation, everything acid is supposed to be, so unless there is two batches the pharoes are acid.

I was of the understanding some LSD can have stimulative properties? I've only tried the one tab (identified in the LSD What's going around thread) and it definately felt like a stimulant in some parts of the trip.

p-dimethylaminobenzaldehyde is used in various formulations to detect the presence of LSD and indoles/ tryptamines. While the test is regarded as being highly sensitive, (~6ug for LSD), it is not considered completely reliable. To maximise reliability, several samples of the same blotter etc could be added together, the LSD extracted and then tested with the reagent. It's also recommended that the reagent be freshly made before use.

If sufficient quantities of LSD are available for testing i.e. several milligrams, Marquis and Mandelin will produce coloured reaction products. However,it's important to stress that these tests are completely unsuitable for the quantities found on blotters.