Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

the arrival of mCPP in adulterated pills

scumlord

Bluelighter
I thought I might start a thread about the latest adulterant that seems to be appearing in pills. I suspect Australia will soon experience the same fate as Europe as it is becoming a more common adulterant of late, and int he interest of harm-reduction I'd like to know a bit more about the substance.

Does anyone have any info on mCPP and its side effects? Has anyone tested the substance isolated by itself and what reaction does it give?

*edit I eman mCPP sorry*

Last edited:
I found it shit. It's quite cheap tho. You can buy about 12 strong doses for the price of one and a half pills, so I'm sure it is going to start popping up in pills a lot more. I suspected there was some in some pink/orange DVDs alongside a tiny bit of MDxx to fool testers, combined with speed, but these were cheap pills from north america/canada. Depending on how pure it is, mcPP has a bad smell. But when its 99%+ pure it is hard to smell it.

A lot of people willp tell you it is like MDMA. But all it did for me was make me sick, and make me feel like I would rather be straight or drinking. The euphoria for me was never forced, you would have to bring it on yourself and as quickly as you found it, it would turn into anxiety or boredom. Weed with it made it a little more bearable, but also increased anxiety. It did bring on some short lived open eye visuals though, simular to what DXM would do in the dark.

Erowid - mCPP

COMMON & BRAND NAME:
S3-CPP; CPP

EFFECTS CLASSIFICATION:
Stimulant

CHEMICAL NAME:
1-(m-chlorophenyl)piperazine

DESCRIPTION:
mCPP is a 5-HT receptor agonist that has been used as a challenge drug in MDMA research. In the mid-2000s, it has shown up in legal alternatives to illegal stimulants (New Zealand), and pills sold as Ecstasy (Europe).

Looks like the crap they put in the New Zealand legal 'party pills'. Gross :p.

"5-HT receptor agonist" - Does anyone know what this means? Sounds like it has something to do with Serotonin, however its classified only as a Stimulant.

It's not very stimulating on the body in a speedy way, it is more relaxing in an annoying way. Not a good munted like MDMA gives you. But it can keep you up past your bed time.

Will post test results here using Marquis and Mandelin soon on some pure mcPP powder very soon.

Here is a document I received late last year abut mcPP pills in Austria.

Attachments

• m-CPP.gesamtlisteNov06.pdf
    89.6 KB · Views: 543
Here are test results as promised:

Marquis - Nothing at all.
Mandelin:

As soon as it came in contact with the powder it started smoking lightly, and consistantly smoked as it came in contact with more specks of the mcPP powder. The amount used wasn't much at all, about twice as much as you would use when testing a pill, only a tiny pinhead.

On contact it became this orangey colour, with pinkish borders appearing after a second or two.

1.jpg

After a minute or two it became more like this:

2.jpg

You can click both pictures for a larger version. I haven't figured out how to make attached pictures full size.

Ofcourse when an MDxx substance is in the pill with mcPP as well, there won't be any way really to check for mcPP sadly. But this may let you know if the pill is mcPP only.

I don't understand why people would put mcPP in pills, why not just make a completely fake pill or a caffeine pill. At least it won't cause people to have a terrible night being sick, or even being hospitalised like what happened to a lot of europeans on the mcPP sharks.

Last edited:
i'd almost rather the meth infested pills in the states over the mCPP

Thanks for the test result pics Splatt.

Although the molecule has a cyclic secondary amine, mCPP will not give a positive with Simons

Hi

My name is Matt Bowden, I try to oversee the legal drug alternatives industry in NZ.

mCPP to the best of my knowledge is not used in any products legally in NZ.

When we looked at using it we noticed it caused migraines, in fact it is used in testing anti-migraine medications.

Here are the references I put up on wikipedia for the above claims in an effort to discourage inudstry from using mCPP in pills in NZ.

Leone M, Attanasio A, Croci D, Filippini G, D'Amico D, Grazzi L, Nespolo A, Bussone G. The serotonergic agent m-chlorophenylpiperazine induces migraine attacks: A controlled study. Neurology. 2000 Jul 12;55(1):136-9.

Martin RS & Martin GR. Investigations into migraine pathogenesis: time course for effects of m-CPP, BW723C86 or glyceryl trinitrate on appearance of Fos-like immunoreactivity in rat trigeminal nucleus caudalis (TNC). Cephalalgia 2001; 21:46–52. London. ISSN 0333-10245

Petkov VD, Belcheva S, Konstantinova E. Anxiolytic effects of dotarizine, a possible antimigraine drug. Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol. 1995 Dec;17(10):659-68

Will try to add links to medline abstracts

It's not used in any party pills there I don't think, because of the troubles with higher doses, and how a lot of people double drop the party pills, and top off an hour or two later, but it is legal and available on the internet over there.

Unrelated but is StarGate still going to release an MDMA-alternative?

Or more to the point, is there any chance science will shine through on the methylone issue? From what I recall -which could well be incorrect - weren't the complaints raised based on the grounds that methylone had been schedulled in other countries such as the US, Australia etc?

And also because NZ has an analogue law. And khat is banned.

Hi

I can't comment on what Stargate are going to next except that we have a commitment to the dance community which we take seriously.

It is to work to progress policy around recreational drug using activities towards safer models, through better technology and through better policy.

methylone was considered too close to methcathinone and too close to MDMA under a previously never before tested clause saying that anything "substantially similar" to a Class B drug would be considered a Class C analogue.

The other important point is that the framework around how the drug is distributed and how the whole thing is managed at a government level needs to be tighter. I am using each new substance to try to progress the policy and law further in the right direction and tighten up our own systems.

Useful reading for parties interested in the development of this project in NZ is attached.

I will post the advice given by the Expert Advisory Committee on Drugs to the Minister, suggesting that BZP be made illegal but also suggesting that work should continue on developing regulations around the restricted substances schedule.

Also that NZ needs to consider whether or not it should continue with a market for legal recreational substances.

We have until Feb 23 to respond to this and other members of the community are also encouraged to have their say.

Thanks

Matt Bowden
www.stargate.org.nz

Attachments

• EACD letter 041206.doc
    47.5 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
^ It is interesting that the EACD says that if BZP is not legally available, people will probably not try to seek it out due to the bad side effects (headache, insomnia etc). However they do not say anything about what the 20% of people from 13 - 45, or the 50% of males from 20 - 24 WILL decide to use if BZP is taken away.

The report has many interesting and positive points, however it looks like they have missed out some fairly logical questions.

methylone was considered too close to methcathinone and too close to MDMA under a previously never before tested clause saying that anything "substantially similar" to a Class B drug would be considered a Class C analogue.

"Substantially similar" compounds i.e. when referring to chemically or structurally similar compounds more than 50% similar, simply cannot be universally applied to pharmacological equivalences between drug analogues. It's a ridiculous notion.

Ephedrine is an analogue of methamphetamine, yet they are very different drugs. The same might be said of phenylalanine and meth. 2CB is an analogue of phenethylamine, the latter of which is an endogenous substance, yet each is very different in a pharmacological sense. Medicine is full of such examples.

While I'm no doubt quite ignorant of the scope of such legislation, I would have thought this piece could have been quite easily challenged.

Interesting info.. It amazes me that even though mcpp and what not is available here, I have yet to come across it in mdma pills, and lets just hope it doesnt. To me all those piperazines etc need to be taken by themselves. The nz govt laws can get very fickle. As for 2CB here its popularity is getting bigger, so now just waiting for old news to become new news.

Hi starboy, if any conferences/support etc in the capital, count me in!

starboy said:
Hi

My name is Matt Bowden, I try to oversee the legal drug alternatives industry in NZ.

mCPP to the best of my knowledge is not used in any products legally in NZ.

When we looked at using it we noticed it caused migraines, in fact it is used in testing anti-migraine medications.

Oh ok, sorry for the comment before. I saw "piperazine" in the chemical name of mCPP, and i connected it to 'party pills', which i have read that some contain.

To tell the truth I'd rather BZP over mcPP. And I dislike BZP.
The one time I did enjoy it was when I had already IV'd some meth (base), then had some BZP, and then some G. The buzz was interesting and felt really nice, but it didn't seem very healthy to me. Couldn't get it up either.

Rated E said:
Oh ok, sorry for the comment before. I saw "piperazine" in the chemical name of mCPP, and i connected it to 'party pills', which i have read that some contain.

Hey, that's fair enough - erowid had the same info on their page, I have asked erowid to update their page now so hopefully that will discourage use.