Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

VOTE AGAINST BAN! journalists are doing it again

dtasrt_lk

Bluelighter
This is more for the NZ bluelighters on here, but please can some of you aussies help us out.

It has come to my attention that yet another poll on a news website is trying to get another substance banned. Some might remember the salvia poll a little while ago on tvnz, this is the same deal only with BZP.

Even if you dont like BZP, please vote against ban. There are many more people who do like BZP and it should NOT be banned. If you like it or not, thats not the point. We cant let pathetic journalists make decisions that impact our social lives.

We won the salvia poll, we can win this one!

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/411425/945203

I voted to keep them.

There are so many dodgy pills around that we have no idea what we're taking, even with testing kits. It's refreshing to know exactly what I'm taking. People will take drugs no matter what the laws. If you know what you're taking you are much more likely to take that pill over a dodgy drug dealers pill.

I've just got back from NZ and consumed 2 legal party pills over new years. They were a far better experience than most of the pills I've had in OZ, lasted WAY longer and had the added benifit of telling me exactly what were inside them.

If party pills were in Australia, I would take them anyday over dodgy pills.

Fuck One News over and vote to keep them!

Good sentiment guys. Can I recommend that you also make a submission to the select committee, if this comes before Parliament? You could also write to Jim Anderton and express your opposition to the ban. A typed paper letter (to Hon Jim Anderton, Parliament Buildings, Freepost, Wellington) would probably be better than an email, but email would do.

That would have a lot more impact than voting in the TVNZ poll - you have to show politicians that people don't want these pills banned :)

^ Agreed.. though I might dislike the pills - deadly hangova bringers - I HATE One News!

Good god....that articles a shocker...It really is just duplicating what numerous 'health experts' are actually saying...

It fails to consider:
- Very, very, very, very few people inject bzp
- Theres been no study associated with how the drug use has escalated and it seems more than a little unlikely that anybody at all has escalated from popping party pills to injecting them as Dr Lee Nixon, addiction expert, seems to think. The more likely explanation is that they've taken to needles with another substance and switched to bzp when it hasnt been available.
- Has the honorable Dr Lee Nixon considered the alternative? Does he really believe that making bzp and criminalising bzp is either going to prevent users injecting with incredibly easily obtained illicit supplies of it, or using other more dangerous substances?
- Wouldnt pushing it underground, severely stigmatising users, creating a blanket of propaganda around the drug and causing the users to turn to less well informed and shady characters for their supplies and information simply heighten the risks surrounding injection such as a failure to bother taking safe precautions etc?
- Has anybody actually considered the cost benefit analysis that Matt Bowden is calling for to weigh off potential harms such as increased medical harm from greater alcohol/ illicit drug use, the cost of law enforcement, imprisonment, the social cost of criminal convictions VS any potentially harm to this incredibly small minority of people injecting bzp.

Its simply trying to use a 20 tonne weight to crack a nut. If "The weight of evidence from across this body of research is that BZP presents more than just a low risk," Dr Ashley Bloomfield of the Expert" Was in fact true, why is ALL evidence couched in terms of 'potential' harm, when there are IDIOTS out there every weekend going awol taking twenty times the reccomended dose that they brought from teh dairy, underage, with no dosage information or regulation and STILL having 'possible serious consequence'. EVERY indication is that the harm is transient, and yes, its possible somebody could die.

I read today in the newspaper that fireworks in australia may have caused a dog to maul a girl to death. Lets ban those. What purpose do they serve other than aesthetic pleasure?

People die every year from allergic reactions to peanuts. What purpose do these serve? Again, aesthetic pleasure, they taste good in peanut butter, lets ban these.

In America, something like ten people a year are taken to hospital with pool balls lodged in their mouths. Their all fine, but they COULD have died by having their airways cut off. Lets ban pool.

Thousands upon thousands of people die every year from smoking related illness, hundreds of families are torn apart by alcohol related violence, murder, death, violent robbery, drunken accidents. Chronic alcoholics are a drain on the medical system. Thats all sweet though, thats been happening for ages and we have a very good idea of the long term consequences of abuse (ie, death, brain damage, cancer) so they can stay.

BZP though, we hear that some idiots have been injecting that shit, lets ban that, our medical experts tell us that the however many million doses that have been consumed COULD have resulted in some seriously adverse effects for some people.

COCKS

/end rant

WAIT, one more;

http://xtramsn.co.nz/news/0,,11964-6751428,00.html

CHECK IT OUUUTTTTttt, now people who use bzp are rapists...

haha what you've said is very true. Theyr being silly and underestimating the impact its gonna have if they ban BZP. Almost every report ive read has said somewhere 'its banned in AUS and USA' saying it in a way as if 'their doing so we should too'.

I would write a letter to bloody idiot moron jimmy anderton wanker but I will not be able to hold my anger towards his stupidity inside and it will not be a structured letter with nice dictionary words just a lot of 'your a dumb cunt'. And if I did that I will only make things worse. I also failed english haha

dtasrt_lk said:
I would write a letter to bloody idiot moron jimmy anderton wanker but I will not be able to hold my anger towards his stupidity inside and it will not be a structured letter with nice dictionary words just a lot of 'your a dumb cunt'. And if I did that I will only make things worse. I also failed english haha

Yeah please, if anyone does write, please be polite :). Yelling won't help our case :).

Analogies to alcohol probably won't either:

John Campbell: well, why not just ban alcohol - that's dangerous too.
Jim Anderton: don't tempt me, John.

Given the chance, he would probably ban alcohol. He just knows it isn't possible.

But to be fair - he didn't just ban BZP outright (which National, NZF and maybe other parties would have done). He waited till there was some medical evidence that it could be harmful. (Personally, I don't think that's a good enough reason, but at least there's some logic behind what he's doing).

voted no aswell. Ordered some yesterday, ill let you know how i find them

^I hope you ordered the right ones, some seem to work better than others. I like the 200mg BZP + 100mg Tfmpp Blends.

Just watched the 3 videos on the one news site above. Very interesting. The guy from the NZ Drug Foundation is a great speaker. He reminds me a bit of that spin doctor from the movie "Thank you for Smoking".

I will definitely write to Jim.

done!

I read that if banned it may go to the gangs/dd. Somewhere, somehow they got it confused with the gangs/dd distributing 2xx RCs, not BZP/TFMPP, MCPP etc, thats a joke to them..

Anyway still have several months to stock, and expect the usual, thousands more of MDMA+ICE to hit the kids, they better start funding more rehabs+clinics.

edit: a bit silly to add a vote page online, I mean it doesnt take a rocket scientist to use multiproxy?!

also another 10c worth, as sad as it sounds jim andertons daughter unfortunately committed suicide in the early 80s due to her opiate addiction, by jumping off the wanganui tower, thats why they fenced the top now.

Last edited:
Cyberdyne said:
BZP though, we hear that some idiots have been injecting that shit, lets ban that, our medical experts tell us that the however many million doses that have been consumed COULD have resulted in some seriously adverse effects for some people.

C***S

/end rant

While I appreciate your passion, that's a good example of what not to write to a politician ;). Kudos to those who are writing letters to Mr Anderton, I hope you're able to make a difference in this situation.

Remember voting in an online poll will probably have very little effect on this situation. Getting yourself heard or writing an actual letter to those concerned will have much more impact.