Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: News.com.au - 27/12/2006 'Sniffer dogs to patrol NYE parties'

hoptis

Bluelight Crew
Another summer, another three months of evading sniffer dogs at major parties and music festivals... please post your experiences with sniffer dogs in this thread.

Before asking questions on how to avoid them, please take the time to read through some of the threads I've linked to down below... it's likely the same techniques and questions have been rehashed many, many times before.

Take care and don't carry large quantities with you ;)

Sniffer dogs to patrol NYE parties
December 27, 2006 02:23pm
Article from: AAP

POLICE are urging tens of thousands of people preparing to flock to Victoria's New Year music festivals to steer clear of drugs and take care on the roads.

More than 25,000 people are expected to attend Summadayze at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl in Melbourne's CBD on New Year's Day.

A crowd of 10,000 is tipped to descend on the coastal town of Lorne for the Falls Music Festival, while Ocean Grove beach, near Geelong, is another popular spot for New Year's Eve revellers.

Superintendent Mick Williams said extra police would be allocated to Summadayze, as well as drug sniffer dogs.

He said music festivals were a haven for illicit drugs, which were often made in dirty, backyard laboratories.

"Festivals of this nature have attracted a variety of illicit drugs in the past," he said.

"These drugs are often made in unhygienic conditions and can contain a potent mix of chemicals.

"There are real dangers associated with every drug-taking experience and we're urging people not to take these types of substances."

Mr Williams said police would be testing drivers for both alcohol and illicit drugs.

Bellarine officer in charge Senior Sergeant Gary Coombes said underage drinkers would be targeted at Ocean Grove.

"In the interests of community safety, there will be an increased police presence over the holiday period, especially around New Year's Eve," he said.

"We will be specifically targeting public consumption of alcohol and drunkenness, while also playing particular attention to underage drinking."

Lorne officer-in-charge Sergeant Bill Matthews said local roads would become very congested in the lead-up to the Falls Festival and people should expect a long wait to get inside the venue.

News.com.au

Links

Greens MLA claims sniffer dogs are a publicity stunt
NEWS: 35 drug arrests after Melbourne rave party
pills and meth in coke bottles
The Big Day Out 2006- organisers issue warning
NEWS.com.au: Cops crash dance party
undercover police with sniffer dogs in melbourne CBD

Older threads with good info:

Sniffer dogs
News: Ch7 Melb SummaDayze 02-01-05
Snifferdogs at The Big Day Out - organisers issue warning
Concealing Pills From Dogs
Sniffer Dogs at upcoming rave

Good thing I'll be taking unsniffable drugs out.
And taking sniffable drugs in the parking lot.

I'd like to see them try and stop the 100,000+ victorians, including myself, taking drugs this NY.

New Years day there will be some beat up in the paper of the 50 people they caught at Summerdaze and how they prevented the drug scourge for another NY 8)

Lol . . . . . yeah man im going to listen to the police.

Yeah right, no one gets between me and my shrooms ;)

Damn those dirty backyard laboratories and their potent chemicals.

Immortal Teknique said:
Im 99% sure they cant, but dogs cant detect K can they?
haha exactly what i was carryin around buddy

and yeah i heard that they cant sniff out K

i remember readin somewhere on here that each sniffer dog is trained for specific drugs, like coke or speed or pot, and usually when they get someone with pills it's cause they had other drugs on them... and i doubt they would bother training dogs to detect K. but if u do a search there's heaps of info on sniffer dogs

They would be trained to smell pills, even if MDMA has no smell if it was made perfectly, street stuff is always going to have impurities, and even humans can smell that quite easily. Meth is supposed to have no smell either, but dogs will easily pick up ice and meth and especially base. Some poor tourist in queensland got picked on because of his blood pressure medication on the first day of Blackdog's job. So maybe they train dogs to sniff for certain binders and pill fillers to find ecstasy. The first dog in QLD was not trained to smell pot, but I believe Blackdog 2 is

PRF '06 drug check... I had no illegal substances... But still found this quiet humorous :p

*Security - You don't have any illegal substance on you do you?
*silence*
*Security - Actually, don't answer that

lol :p

The party dayze of their lives — bubble bath included
Daniel Ziffer
January 2, 2007

<party related stuff snipped>

Dani McQueen and Bonnie Newton were enjoying the day, having had a quiet New Year's Eve to conserve their energy for yesterday — and today.

"We were saving ourselves," Ms Newton said. "In bed at three, and now out indefinitely!"

When the gig finished at 11 o'clock last night, the pair, both 21, were set to head out to one of the event's after-parties.

Punters appeared evenly split between those who had enjoyed a "quiet" New Year's Eve and those who had had little sleep before turning up to the sold-out event.

"Out until 7am," said Andrew Gavrish, "now I'm just outside, enjoying the fresh air."

The student said he would later head to Sunshine People! — a party in Docklands starring the renowned British DJ and occasional Frankston resident, Carl Cox.

Both events were restricted to over-18s, with pre-mixed vodkas popular at Summadayze.

Drug deals were readily discussed in the toilets, with exchanges seen occurring just outside the fence. Police with dogs swept both venues in the evening, but no arrests were immediately reported.

A woman was found lying on the grass at the music bowl and later taken to hospital for a drug-related sickness.

An ambulance spokeswoman said she was in a serious but stable condition.

Despite this, the Metropolitan Ambulance Service said the day had been generally quiet, with only a handful of people treated for minor injuries. St John Ambulance spokesman Darren Johnson said 70 people had been treated for complaints, including heat exhaustion, cuts and scratches. There were few drug-related cases.

With DEWI COOKE

The Age

Summadayze of their lives
Matt Cunningham
January 02, 2007 12:00am

IT was time to party without the violence yesterday as a packed house danced the day away at the annual Summadayze festival.

About 25,000 revellers packed the Sidney Myer Music Bowl as DJs including Basement Jaxx, Bob Sinclar, Darren Emerson, Axwell, Mousse T and TV Rock, helped them party through the 14-hour recovery session.

While violence ruined New Year's Eve celebrations at Rye on the Mornington Peninsula, police said the crowd at Summadayze was generally well-behaved.

"Inside the venue is pretty well managed with plenty of security and police around," Supt Mick Williams said.

He said drug dogs were patrolling the venue and booze and drug buses would be set up to catch drug or alcohol-affected drivers.

Supt Williams said people were taking a big risk if they drove home. He said police had caught 69 drink and drug-drivers after last year's event.

St John Ambulance officers were also kept busy yesterday, treating about people for blisters, cuts, sunburn and dehydration.

St John spokesman Peter Cocks said the number of injuries was slightly higher than usual. "That's probably a combination of the weather and some pretty vigorous dancing."

One person in the Royal Botanic Gardens -- just outside the Summadayze venue -- was treated for a respiratory arrest after a suspected drug overdose and was taken to hospital by ambulance.

Party-goers were banned from taking food or alcohol into the music bowl, but were allowed to take in one sealed bottle of water.

Herald Sun

No arrests for drugs, but there were dogs? How many people at the fest would of had E?

I've always wondered why if I'm searching high and low at these events I can never see anyone, but a Herald Sun reported picks them a mile away.

Drug sniffer dogs nab 26 at dance party
January 02, 2007 07:32am

POLICE sniffer dogs detected 26 people attempting to take drugs into the annual Summadayze dance party in Melbourne.

All of them were carrying only small amounts of drugs for personal use, a Victoria Police spokeswoman said.

Although not charged, they were cautioned and directed to a drug diversion program.

An estimated 25,000 people attended yesterday's Summadayze event at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl.

Herald Sun

Also from The Australian: New roadside test buses catch out drug-dazed drivers

Did anyone see dogs. I got there early to try and avoid them and walked straight in without even seeing a cop. The whole day i didn't see one, even when i got a pass out and chilled outside on the grass for half an hour...

I assumed they weren't there, none of the people i talked to had seen them either...

They were definitely there. A mate of mine was searched, he had dropped everything so he was quite happy to pat the doggies ;)

Just as I suspected 26 people caught out of 25,000. 1:1000 (assuming all had drugs) 'detected'... oooo great effort cops, you've convinced me that its just not worth such a high risk to take drugs at big events 8) 8) MORONS!