• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

The Hot Box Vaporizer

EgoTrip86

Bluelighter
I bought a Hotbox a few months ago and just now I'm realizing how good of an investment it was. There are very few threads or info about the Hotbox around the internet. However, the few that there are always talk about how there is a learning curve on how to use it right..

I pretty much just wanted to start a thread to talk about the Hotbox..

I've tried a lot of thing's and I can't figure out when the bowl is actually cashed..

lately I pack one up to the blue dot on the side of the glass tube. I always grind the weed up very finely and press it down the with the poker tool.

I take 1 hit as big as I can and hold it in for as long as I can, after I blow that out it tastes wonderful and is smooth. The second hit normally makes me cough and I don't hold it in for very long. The second hit tastes like "burnt popcorn" and I've just been assuming that all the thc for that bowl of weed is in the first 2 hit's. After them it tastes horrible and makes me cough.

Is there still thc left in the burnt popcorn hits or should I just throw it away?

I've been saving it in a jar and plan on throwing it in with the next batch of brownies.

Even though Im still learning, my weed last's way longer now + I can smoke in the house. The high is definitely more lively and less cloudy seeming and definitely of that I don't ever cough.

Although something I want to say about coughing..

When I first got it I right away noticed a cough I got after using it for a few days, it's not like a smokers cough where it comes from your lungs, its more like the back of your throat.

The hot air going against the back of your throat works similar to a blow dryer does for hair and drys your throat out, which irritates it and causes you to cough. Anyways, just keep a bottle of water handy and take sips of it between hits. Another plus side of this is I know Im getting my eight full glasses of water daily for sure. =D

Anyways thats my comments on my hotbox for now, I'd like to hear from other Hotbox users...

ermm.. sorry. but truly, the original post does look a lot like a product advertisement

I know I sound like a product advertisement... but... Im not... if I was.. I'd at least have a link to something about buying them in the post don't you think so?...

I dont know about your particular vap, but I find that when using a vap, the bowl is done when it doesnt smell like weed any more.

It will turn totaly brown/black, and smell like hay if anything. I also like to turn the heat up just a little over what it should be and actualy smoke it a little bit, because I find the high much more enjoyable.

I also like to turn the heat up just a little over what it should be and actualy smoke it a little bit, because I find the high much more enjoyable.

Isn't that defeating the purpose of a vaporizer though?... =/

Mmm, not really. You're still vaporising (and not scorching) the THC, its just that I tend to like some of the other cannabinoids weed has to offer aswell (CBN?), and I also like the taste.

Sure, you get a little tar in the process, but still not nearly as much as if in a pipe or joint. Its all about balance, really.

i agree. if the bud has not turned to ash and just looks burnt, its definitley smokeable. however, you will be getting all the stuff in you that would get if you smoked out of a bowl.

if you want to get the full health benefit of the vaporizer, i suggest you take out the bud when it starts to taste/smell like burnt popcorn.
if you want to get really baked and not just have the light/energetic vap high, keep smoking until the bud turns to ash.

if you want to get really baked and not just have the light/energetic vap high

I find if you just smoke a lil more with the vape, you can achevie a very spacey or zoned out feeling high. Sometime's though (about 40% of the time?) I will admit, I just have to have a blunt. I enjoy the added asspect a blunt gives to the high, from the toabbaco taste to the nicotine's effect. Plus I like to hang out in the yard with my dog and smoke! =D

and I also like the taste.

Maybe your vaporizer leaves the remains with a different taste then mine or something... mine are harsh on the throat, make you cough and I feel pretty strongly that no one with anything left of lung, throat or mouth tissue remaining would like...

maybe that sounded a little to bad, but anyways I can't see how you can like the way it tastes.. :|

the brown/black popcorns are what vaporized bud is
if you see lightbrown colored buds, it should be nearly done
i usually vaporize them till dark brown colored

the taste thing is what's so special about vaporizing
i like it and it makes flavors to my smoke

as for the left overs, the have very little thc left in them
so it's up to you to trash it or make tea out of it

i recently brought the hot box vaporizer as well (a little xmas present for myself:p ;))

good thing:
crazy big hits that makes you cough
too stoned after doing 1 bowl with this (for me, and i am a heavy smoker)
changeable bowls
looks like a pencil sharpner :D

bad thing:
the base gets too hot to touch
easy to get colgged up in tubes/bowls
messy to clean tubes/bowls
can't leave it on for too long (3+ hr) i think it gets a little hotter than it should

I have a Vapir ONE v5.0 and its sick...I vaped all kinds of herb with that piece of art and WTF...I've seen some on the market that were almost as much as my monthly payment for my car and didn't work for shizz and pick this one up for less than $150 and get everything I need from it. Now thats a steal...Hella ya..

I remember when I picked mine up direct, It came with a ton of free shiz with it....

You should get more than one hit out of a vape. I have a vaporbrothers, and I can vape constantly for ~15 minutes before I get the popcorn taste. Either your vaporizer is bad or you're turning it up way too high.

Seems blog worthy... You got a Vape, you liked it! Congrats, toke up sir!

i have a hotbox and have had it for more than four years i also have three friends who own hotboxes. two of my friends hotboxes are older than mine and one is just a half year younger. all get heavy use and all work as great as when originally purchased. there is a 'learning curve' as it taked a little while to figure out how to optimally rip this vape. just hit it long slow and steady. it isnt a pipe or a bong were you are tryin to power rip it to get a big hit. it is actually oppossite if you suck hard it will be a shitty hit but if you suck "long, low and slow" you'll be good and to be honest dude i feel my hotbox was the best purchase i ever made

whether this thread was started as product placement or not i will testify that i love my hotbox, would recomend it to anyone and am gladd i didnt buy any other vape (except maybe the volcano but this is less then half the cost, it cant be beat as far as bang for buck IMO/E)

P.s. some other vapes i've tried include: volcano. natural good vape, vapor bros and one other that i dunno the name of but i bef feel mine works the best and was also a great value.

P.S.S if you buy the new hotboxes they got sick ass designs now

i love my hotbox, but i have been leaving it on for long times like 3-6 hours at a time. Did the original packaging come with any warnings about leaving it on too long? I don't know because I got mine second hand; the best trade i ever made- a bottle of patron that i had stolen and 15 bucks- for the vape, bowl, tube

edit: actually, i loved my hotbox/vaporbros japaneese knockoff. now its dead, and i am in love with a real vaporbros.

Last edited:
^^^ yea look on thier website at hotboxvapors.com and somewhere there they have a owners manual online you can look at. i know when i used to leave mine on for such long periods of time it ended up vaping at a higher temp and never burnt the bud but wasnt as smooth/nice/pleasurable as when it had only been on for 15-30mins

Hey Guys I was just droppin in to see how the room was doing and if anyone got vaped the hell out this summer. ANyway I juss picked up Vapormatic last week and it works wonders. Vapir.com also send me a Coupon Code for their company. I didn't need it but some of you guys might. So here you guys go.

CODE: SUMMER

A few years back when I was in college, a friend of mine had a hot box and we loved it because you could use it in the dorms and there was no smoke. After about a year the damn thing broke :( and being broke students we couldn't afford another one. So we pulled it apart to try and fix it and sitting there looking at the parts I realized what I was looking at. Anyone can build their own Vaporizer for under $20 that actually works better than the commercial ones- they're really pretty simple! I'm gonna take pics later today to post because some of the parts are hard to describe, but they all can be had at a hardware store! Stay tuned......