Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Attack Of The Happy People - Documentary

technoHarmony

Bluelighter
Attack of the Happy People

10pm – 11pm SBS
Tuesday 19 December 2006
Ecstasy, which started out as a psychotherapeutic drug, has now become one of the most consumed recreational drugs around. This film by Nadav Harel documents the flourishing ecstasy party culture in Israel today. Navel says that Israel has one of the world's highest drug consumption rates. Affected by wars, an aggressive marketplace economy and very powerful religious forces, young people in Israel escape their harsh reality through excessive drug consumption, and Ecstasy is particularly widespread. Many of the young Israelis interviewed for this documentary refer to it as "the drug of love" and say that when you're on it "everything becomes rosy; you're in a fantasy world; you love everyone you see..." This program features experts who believe in the therapeutic uses of the drug and also opponents of the drug who believe ecstasy use characterises our consumer-driven society, as many products such as music, clothes, dance parties and so on are being promoted through this drug trend.

just started watchin

bit under 30mins left

anyone else watching?

israeli ecstasy doco on SBS

Is anyone watching this?

What an amazing documentary.

Last edited:
now the meth epidemic.... from the us

something tells me this will be a slightly different style of doco.

What a bunch of ugly mofos!

Attack of the Happy People was a fairly good doco IMO. Certainly a different current than the following re-run of The Meth Epidemic.

Really interesting and a totally different type of doco, cheers for the heads up.

Rick Doblin speaking about MDMA and his experiences with his mother also in the beginning of the doco.

hope this is aired again.

what i saw was pretty good shit.

anyone see the end how they sort of ended on the point that ecstasy is bad?

they just showed a quote saying that some research in amsterdam has found that using ecstasy once can cause brain damage.

^ yeah me too, got home from work this morning to find out it was on last night. just did a search on the net but couldn't find it lurking anywhere...

rtb said:
^ yeah me too, got home from work this morning to find out it was on last night. just did a search on the net but couldn't find it lurking anywhere...

Same. There's only trailers on youtube.

I've got it on my computer..

Bit tired from work right now.

I'll host it tomorrow. for yas.

IWillHostIt said:
I've got it on my computer..

Bit tired from work right now.

I'll host it tomorrow. for yas.

Cheers mate, heaps appreciated.

How funny was that orthodox guy talking about watching th sun coming up, man I pissed myself laughing =D

Thanks for the torrent!! If it downloads I will keep my connection seeding it for others.. except when a fix of Unreal Tournament is needed, as I only have 512/128 connection..

It was a candid, informative, enjoyable doc... and a fascinating look at drug culture in Tel Aviv. Recommended.

Thanks for upping that. Sounds like a good watch. And I have a 10Mb/s server seeding it. Should speed things up a bit.