Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Australian IV drugs; safer practices and useful experiences

JihadJack

Bluelighter
So, any users or junkies in here?

What are your drug(s) of choice?

How often do you shootup?

How do you feel about the social stigma of injecting?

Do you hide your use from your friends who dont inject?

Im no longer an injecting user, but once apon a time yes i did use intravenously.

My drug of choice was base and ice, both forms of meth.

I would shoot up maybe 5-6 times over a 2-3 day span, always carefully and as safe as possible, using brand new sterile equipment. At the start id use maybe 50mg in a shot, toward the end id use about 150mg to 250mg at the most.

I feel the stigma is prett stupid, with meth it is a proven fact that smoking it is more addictive than shooting it, and i can definitely see that. I feel i could control my shooting alot easier than i could with smoking. I just see injecting as another form of administration if done correctly and safely. If my boyfriend would see that its not so bad if done correctly then id probably still do it every once in a while, but i doub that would ever happen. You have to experience it to realise its not as bad as it seems/looks. Personally i was never addicted to the needle, only the pipe.

I am NOT advising anyone to use IV, if you dont know what your doing then yes it is the most dangerous way to use and its not just OD'ing and blood borne viruses that kill people, theres much more than that.

Yes, noone ever knew i was shooting, even the junkies of the town told me that if they ever see me shooting then ill get my face caved in, which kinda shows that its possible for a junkie to feel for someone. The only person that i know in real life that knows ive shot up is my bf. Some people probably have a feeling about what ive done though.

This is hopefully going to be an interesting thread, may i suggest that people also include the doses they used at the start of their use and in the end or present?

my drugs of choice are heroin and meth. i will use a point of ice or half a cap of H at a time, that will last me for around 6 hours. i try to use H only a few times a week, and ice once a week. i find the high from injecting ice to be very addictive, smoking it never did anything for me.

only one of my mates uses with me, and we find it hard to keep it a secret from our other friends. whenever we're scoring some ice, we gotta make up heaps of excuses as to why we cant use in the same room as our friends. ie, say the dealer will only let us up to his house and that we smoked it there, or my friend will rigup in the toilet and i'll briefly meet him there. or if i've had H, i'll just tell my friends i had a few cones and i'm really stoned. i think some of my friends suspect the truth though.

a few of my good friends, ex-girlfriends know i use, they have never seemed to judge me, although seemed rather concerned about my choices. but i know if i let the wider community of my social-groups know of my lifestyle they would make a lot of very negative judgements about me.

then again i don't really care if random people know im a junkie, me and my mate will shootup in public toilets, on the streets, in shooting galleries, then wonder the streets, shopping centres, fastfood places, convienence stores, all day junked out like fuck on H, all eyes affixed apon us. you definatley get treated differently, but it's kind of amusing.

Last edited:
I prefer the term user:) H,Morphine, pethedine and latley ketamine. I use H every couple of months and morph & Peth weeklyish, sometimes more. Only my wife and a couple of friends know and only cause they have asked. Only my best mate shoots morph and H, when he went over seas cause of work it was good cause i slowed down a bit. I felt like a bit of a loser mainlining in my shed listen to radiohead alone. As soon he was off the plane and every one had gone home we both couldn't wait to get big hit in ourselfs and lie on the floor.

These days i try only to inject SC so i leave no marks and it isn't as addictive that way, but has most off the goodness with it. But i still mainline every now and then.

When I feel like being a meth junky now I just have what used to span over 2 day period in one shot. Seems to work better than way and doesn't become as habit forming, and your arms don't look fucked. And the rush is intense.

JihadJack said:
So, any users or junkies in here?

What are your drug(s) of choice?

How often do you shootup?

How do you feel about the social stigma of injecting?

Do you hide your use from your friends who dont inject?
Of course there are junkies here, there are junkies everywhere. My drug of choice is methamphetamine (both base and ice). Although, I would readily ingest any drug where the intravenous route of administration was the most effective, provided the quality of the product was high and my source well trusted.

These days I only dabble occasionally, might boot .25g once or twice a month. I'm extremely clean about it and take utmost care with the whole process.

In the past though, I guess I could have been labelled as a junkie. My girlfriend and I were spending anywhere between $400-$600 a day on our habit, dosing probably four or five times a day and success at the roulette table was our only form of income. I made some terrible decisions back then, like sharing picks, shooting my girlfriends bloody shots when she couldn't find a vein, using fits over and over again and so on.

The social stigma surrounding injecting used to really bother me, especially when I was sailing through my daydream of a life. Though, I have always been very discrete. I won't inject in front of those who do not approve and/or find it disturbing and I never leave any of my equipment in places where it may be discovered.

drug of choice is base/meth. when i first started booting id do between 1-2points of rock, and 2-3 points of base. during my heaviest usage itd be from 2-3 points of meth, and half a g of base as starter shots. now i dont use very regular, maybe a few times a month, more often less than 2-3, dosages being between 2-3 points.

just recently started on oxy and morphine. oxy starting dose was 20mg, after a week or 2 was doing 60mg, and around 150-200mg a night.

during the peak of my usage/benders i would maybe go through 1-2 grams over the span of 2-3 days. depending on cash, deals etc. i remember one particular time i bought an 8ball and by the first night id already used 2 grams of it. started with .5g, had another .5g about 2 hours later, then 4 x 2 1/2 point shots every couple hours after. i thought i fried myself those couple of days. few panic and anxiety attacks which really freaked the shit out of me.

ive been looked down upon and judged negatively by some who are against needles...isnt that normal though? i try not to let it phase me, and only do it around people who arent judgemental or users themselves.

yes i try to hide it from those who dont know as much as possible.

im in no way chastising any IV'ers out there, but i dont know how you guys can do it.
were you real nervy the first time?
anytime i think about it i have a horrible feeilng in my left shoulder joint, tho i get that with anything medical..

i watched in awe the first time i got done up. was fascinated seeing the blood rush into the barrel, 5 seconds later...lift-off!

^ me too. I can remember that moment like it was yesterday, those exact feelings of amazement as the whole process was carried out. It is actually kinda sickening :\

I was booting meth (at least) everyday for quite some time before stopping altogether. I must admit, throughout the past year, i have booted maybe 4-6 times (these are the only times i have had drugs) and each time I find it more and more sickening, which I am actually thankful for.

Whereas before I think I was addicted to the whole process, as much as the actual drug, the past few times that i have managed to get into a vein relatively easy has not created those same feelings of excitement. Each time i see the blood hit the barrel i am faintly nauseated and automatically feel disappointed with myself.

In terms of the stigma experienced by IV'ing drug users, I was more surprised at the amount of it generated by other non-IV'ing drug users. So many of my friends who used drugs, but did not boot, irritatingly took the moral highground on this issue and essentially just wiped me. I was dumbfounded. Half of them ate about 6 pills a night and then as soon as they found out i was doing it that way felt the need to axe me. I can understand it to a certain point, but really, when your friends are getting just as fucked up as you, the method seems rather immaterial 8)

Because of this whole experience with other, highly moralistic, drug users i soon became aware of this whole injecting subculture that people who do no boot aren't really aware of. It was quite fascinating. Everything is so secretive and as someone has said, you always have to make excuses as to why you need to pop out, spend ages in the toilets etc.

Last edited:
person said:
Dont know if its a fashion trend, but one thing I wouldnt do is give someone there first taste.

Interesting how that is yet the same stigma doesn't come with giving someone their first pill or trip of acid.

Also, good post Candyslut

^ I guess because the potential for abuse is so much more foreseeable when it comes to IV'ing. Or at least, the magnitude of the abuse is so much greater with needle use, IMO.

I also think a part of it is simply the taboo that surrounds needles. Not that I am defending/attacking it, I just think that there certainly is the paranoia/ ignorance that stems from people thinking that anyone who touches a needle automatically becomes a 'junkie' ( i hate that word so much).

I first started IV'ing meth a few years ago. Then started using Heroin, homebake and other assorted opiates.

Long story short: I'm no longer IV'ing and to be quite honest at this stage in my life I'm glad.

I'm glad I don't do it too regulary now. When you actually take the time to care where you're doing up... and it's the exact place you've bought it from (car park, side of the road, hospital etc..) and you have to look out for people walking their dog, school kids walking by, and other cars driving past, and using the same unwashed spoon and not filtering.. it kind of hits you this isn't as great as it used to be. The feeling, the process, everything...

Was IV meth/speed many years ago once I couldn't get the high I wanted from snorting / bombing. By the time i started the iV route I was well and truly addicted to meth. It was a rapid downward spiral, cos the high is shorter duration and the want for more increasingly intense to the point when i couldn't function without it.

Haven't IV for many years thank god. A friend of mine went down really hard when she started IV use - lost everything, job, car, dignity..................

The social stigma aspect of IV use is associated, I suspect, with the great potential for that hardcore downward spiral and the horrible lifestyle that may or may not ensue.....

For those who choose to IVing occassionally using clean equipment and with proper knowledge is ok, it's when it's a way of life that its socially and personally problematic
X Isis

Last edited:
I started IV'ing meth cos my lungs were so fucked from smoking so much of it. Generally I would restrict my use to weekends (i was a daily user when i was smoking) but haven't used for a few months now. I never hide shit, I always said that I wouldn't do something i was ashamed of, althouh i did try to hide it from my family.

The craziest thing I ever IV'd was 2CB (eyeballed doses at that, i shudder to think about it now), between two of us we went through a point over a couple of hours. It was a horribly intense eye candy experience, put me in mind of having jack-booted neo nazi candy ravers marching back and forth through my head. Between that and snorting 20mgs on another occassion i pretty much put myself of phens for ever.

hoptis said:
Interesting how that is yet the same stigma doesn't come with giving someone their first pill or trip of acid.
Personally, I wouldn't give anyone ANY drug that they were not already well experienced with. In my younger years - we were about 14 at the time, I remember sitting around in a bong hut somewhere in the bush with a few mates and a mate of mine who was totally against drugs. Looking back, I really coerced him into having a pipe. From that day forward he virtually became a daily pot smoker and then moved onto pills. During his peak he was probably munching 15-20 pills every weekend. These days he forgets why he is places, accidently puts his socks in the toilet and is 20 years old - I some how feel responsible...

Chronik Fatigue said:
The craziest thing I ever IV'd was 2CB
in this same vein ( pardon the pun) does anyone IV acid?? ove looked pretty thoroughly but cant find info on it...