• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM Scraps & Redundancies

i've had two experiences with dxm....
the first time i took it, my parents went away and i had a party at my house. nothing big, just a few of my friends. i started to trip and then my sister and her boyfriend came home. and then a couple of old friends came over (i invited them, but i didn't expect them to come). since i didn't want my sister or my old friends to see me in that state, i went to bed. but it was pretty awkward because the party was still going on... my friend said later, "don't worry about what they think, it's just too bad you didn't have a good trip." which i agree with.
the second time was perfect. there were two of us using my friend's apartment. (she had gone away). and it was a beautiful night... everything was so calm and my mind was so clear. i felt like everything was real except me... i was an observer, but everything was happening without me actually being there (i guess that's the dissociative part)...
anyway, yes... dxm if a wonderful drug... but definitely watch out... it messes with your brain.

I never did it
but was thinking about it
anyway
does it really mess up your brain ? I mean, isnt that one of those myths ? like , pot kills your brain cells , ecstasy gets you all holed in your brain...... are there scientific facts behind this statement?

DXM is heaven.You just don't know how to use it properly.
It was my first time, but i thought it was realitvely easy to swallow the pill. I just flat out did not like the drug. Maybe you do. It wasn't for me. It really wasn't pleasn't. Now there could be several reasons for this. I could be missing an enzyme in my body that allows me to break down that chemical. Or I could just be allergic to it. Several of my friends had a miserable time on that drug as well. Just because you like it, doesn't mean everyone has too. I am glad for you, that you have found something that makes you so happy. I personally think that the drug sucks ass. Plain and simple.
[ 14 September 2002: Message edited by: boomdawg81 ]
[ 15 September 2002: Message edited by: boomdawg81 ]

DXM was my favorite until i tried ketamine. I have had the strongest most profound trip that ive ever experienced from DXM. Its a wonderful substance if used safely and properly.

i once loved dxm but once a week for 4 consecutive weeks (last one 3/4th platau) realy funked up my brain. ill probibly do it again, but not for some time.

Originally posted by brazilian vibe:

does it really mess up your brain ?

i think i stoped using dxm because the after effects on my brain where harder than anything iv done before.

how does 1 take DXM? What cugh syrup is best and how much do you take? What pills are out on the market to bypass the cough syrup? How much of a does with the pills?

I started off using dxm very slowly and greatly enjoyed it. I think because I started with low doses of 3-5 mg/kg, the effects on my body and mind weren't as discouraging, letting me progress to a point where I was using quite frequently and using doses from 9-12 mg/kg.
I used in that range on average four times a week for a little less than two months. During that time I basically quit going to school and it hurt my relationships with friends. Not to mention my head turned into a pile of mush for about three months after I started to taper off and finally quit using. It's not that I couldn't remember things, the chatter in my head just wasn't there like it was before.
Now I rarely use and when I do it's no where near what it used to be. I have a lot more negative side effects now, like itching and vomiting that I didn't have before. While I was on it though I loved it. I think people just underestimate the experience that "cough syrup" is going to give them, dissociation is hard to deal with if you're not familar with it.

Ok. I've been reading about DXM all morning and I really want to try this.
How much of a dose is good for a first-timer? 400mg? Would it be wiser to take this over the course of an hour to lessen the nausea? Or will the effects dwindle if you don't take the doseage all at once?
I should buy Robotussin Extra Strength Cough right? Since DXM is the only active ingredient?
The high lasts for about 6-8 hours? Is this a constant high? Or does it fluctuate?
I've never done acid or shrooms...just E and pot, so what type of setting should I set up for myself?
Any other info would be appreciated.
Thanks.

^ in response
all the info you need is on erowid. 4oz is a good startin point. or maybe half that? who cares chug that nasty shiz.....

I've been up to 2000mg, though I wouldn't much like to tell what's tended to happen at the upper edges. I guess you could say I blacked out and woke up with injuries; since nobody was there, I don't know what happened.
So, keep it low. If you're susceptible to these problems you won't find out unless you are stupid and do it. :)
Third-plateau is rather nice, as is *low* fourth. If you want a fourth experience, for f*cks sake use K instead, it bangs the system around less, and gets you a lot more dissociated for less stoning. And yet still, don't do third plateau at clubs. Stick to first or second.

i've robotripped about...8 or 9 times the past 256 days. i think it's a wonderful drug. very insightful... and for me it's very controllable, i never have to worry about wiggin out. i've only robotripped by myself. i like it more that way. you can explore yourself, remember childhood memories that were stored away in some distant compartment in your brain... i've robotripped off 4oz [354mg of dxm] 7 times, and robotripped 2 times of off 1.5 bottles 4oz bottles[about... 500mgs of DXM]. i'm going to trip off 500mg next time, then go up and down one whole 8oz. i'm looking forward to it
but the DXM hangover is a bitch. trust me. you want the next day to just lay in bed.
but a very very insightful substance.
think of it as this
acid/shrooms give you sensory overload... dxm gives you sensory underload... it's just another means of reaching the same place [which is what... hmmmm]. reach enlightment via the dark or via the light...

I'm interested in spiritual developement, tried DXM three times 135-450mg and verdict is one: SHIT
as nothing in this world.

DXM is great, and it's 10x better that it happens to be legal.
My first, and highest dose was around 9mg/kg (approx 900mg or so at the time) and it was real nice. Seemed to be a low-mid 3rd plateau.
I believe that was a *little* much for a first time though, as I was drifting in and out of conciousness.. or maybe just reality.
I remember bits and pieces of those nights, and what I do remember was great.
I also like the idea of having an 8 hr mindfuck for as low as $2 or so (assuming a 1000mg trip) if you buy 100g of powder for $200... that would probably be 100 low 4th/high 3rd plateau doses for me.
EXTREMELY cheap when you buy in quantity, and you could make a good profit selling 500mg caps for $5 each (your cost: $1)

I love DXM, I've done 4 trips (150, 300, 490, 390) each trip was interesting in its own way. Next trip for me will be either 490 again or maybe 520. Things just get strange and it can be dark in a good way.

Originally posted by TrancEaddicted:
I've done 4 trips (150, 300, 490, 390) each trip was interesting in its own way.
Yes, that's one thing I like a lot about DXM. Different dosages can produce extremely different effects.
Each dose, no matter how high or low it may be, is a different experience and if you don't feel like a full-blown 4th plateau mindfuck you can settle for a nice euphoric 2nd plateau.

Originally posted by C20 H25 N3 O:
Dxm is heaven. You just dont know how to use it properly.
[sarcasm]yeah, it's really hard to drink syrup/take pills/take powder.[/sarcasm]
some people just don't like it.

I personally like DXM. Only last trip didn't go too well mainly cuz I ODed on something else(shouldnt keep more drugs around you when you're not too sober) and kept freaking out thinking I was gonna die from the bastard 2nd drug. My favorite thing about DXM is the fact you get different effects with different dosages :)

DXM was the first really intense drug experience i ever had. I've come to love the stuff. Although, I've only probably tripped on it 30 - 40 times to date.
I haven't noticed *any* bad psychological effects, in fact, it's actually one drug that makes me feel wonderful afterwards every single time. Mentally I feel like i'm starting over with a fresh slate, like I just started a new chapter in my life. I also get a surge of energy about 16 hours after taking the drug, after the effects have mostly worn off.
I did 750mg my second time, and it was unbelievably, incredibly intense. That event changed my life and started my interest in drugs. I felt my ego completely dissolve, kept trying to explain to my friends that I was "dying" but that it was ok. I came back, and the world hasn't been the same since. Being introduced to ego loss like that can be a big deal in a young mans life :) DXM does that more than anything else for me.
A few things -
You build a tolerance incredibly quickly and it never goes away. Only drug i've ever taken like that. Even MONTHS in between won't bring those old strobing, insane memory loop effects back in full force. It is less powerful over time, but it's almost a good thing, it makes it more manageable. It's interesting imo to watch the trips change and become more mental and less visual.
It goes INCREDIBLY well with weed. One of the best drug combo's. Anymore i won't do DXM without it. You don't know what it's like till you try it. It also helps with the nausea.
I've puked about 50% of the times i've done it. Not a drug for those with weak stomachs. If vomiting can never be a part of a good night for you, stay away from the syrup at least. I almost always cough down the syrup to do DXM, and yes, it becomes very difficult. I think it's almost a good thing; it limits usage as you get to the point that even just a whiff of that odor makes you gag. The puking sucks, but (this might sound weird) i'm already usually feeling it's strange effects by the time i puke, so it's not THAT bad. It's not nearly as bad as puking off of alcohol imo. To me, it seems like you're partly anesticized (sp?) to SOME of the bad feelings. You also feel wonderfully purged after puking, although it weakens your trip.
Everyone should have to do the robo walk you get off of 700+mg at least once in their lives.
As stated before, this is one drug that has completely different effects at different doses. It's awesome like that. Some day, before going out for a night of smoking herb or whatnot, share a 4oz bottle of max strength cough robo with a friend. Laugh about how bad it tastes. You'll get surprisingly strong effects for so little - music enhancement, lower social inhibitions, "deep" thinking (or at least you'll THINK it's deep heh), and it'll be the strongest damn weed you've ever smoked. Then of course you could drink two bottles yourself one day and get more fucked than you've ever been in your life.
And finally, no matter how many bad experiences you've ever heard of, DXM CAN be euphoric. And I mean absolutely euphoric. It's difficult to get there for me at least, but in this thread they've already gone over how. IMO if you keep down 700mg+, enough for a third plateau trip, lie down once it's really kicking in, close your eyes, and listen to any repetitive, base heavy music (sounds overly specific but it really makes a difference imo), and let your mind go. Once you’re past the nausea part, you have an opportunity to move into a lucid dream that's really mind-blowing. 30 some trips and i've only hit this twice tho. But that's me.
Good luck.