Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Thankyou RPA

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobby V

Greenlighter
Just wanted to say

A very very big thankyou to the staff at the RPA hospital in Sydney who saved my very dumb ass on sunday nite, they were very friendly and their service was excellent. If it wasnt for them I wouldnt be here right now!!

I think Im gonna take a permanent break from G

Thanks again

Hey... my girlfriend used to work there, and a good number of friends still do.

Watch yourself on that G, my friend.

Glad you've learnt from what happened and are big enough to admit you messed up, not one of those who keeps on waking up in hospital after overdoing it on G over and over again.

Take care, glad to hear you're okay. :)

Firstly, welcome to Bluelight :)

I'm glad you are OK and that someone realised you were in need of some medical attention.

If you are interested, there is a FAQ that may provide you with information that you were previously aware of in regards to G. Jut click on the link below if you would like to have a look.

Final of the GHB/1,4-B/GBL FAQ.

hmm

Around 7 mls of a very strong concentrate of gbl in 3 hrs. When I thought I was ok I drove back to my mates place where I thought everything was fine, I then had a 3.5 ml shot ( a big glass vial)

stupid me not realising how much I had

I had been doing g for 3 years with no problems

Now Im not touching the shit

I nearly died, let that be a lesson to everyone no matter how much experience you've had there is still a major risk with this drug

Just look at me 3 years no problem, then one stupid mistake almost turned fatal

I usually take 3ml shots of strong GBL.

WAKING UP IN HOSPITAL WITH TUBES DOWN YOUR THROAT AND LOVED ONES CRYING THEIR EYES OUT..

MAKE NO MISTAKE BE VERY VERY VERY CAREFUL WITH G

I used to do G until G did me!

yeah I know what its like

Wanting to stay G fucked all day everyday hahaha with out fucking up on it.. If this were only a perfect world....

Funny enough alot, and I do meant alot of the Drs and Nurses were asking me alot of questions when I woke up from the G

How much did I have
Where it all went wrong
The Current street price of G
The quality of the G

I think they are looking for more information so they can treat people better when they are on it

zaineaol.nu said:

agreed..... althought i weight close to 80kgs and dose about 2.5 grams to 3 grams at a time... i had some GBL last night that i thought was watered down and had 3 mls which equates to about 4.5grams which did blow me out... i just dont get it how ppl are BLOWING OUT on so little....

Big shout out to PHJ ;)

[EDIT: Quote removed. Lil Angel15]

Last edited by a moderator:
Its good to hear you're ok, but when you say you 'almost died'. Can you clarify exactly what state you were in. Ive seen people get knocked out on G probably hundreds of times, and always wake up a couple hours later no problems, and normally keep dosing after they wake up.

I guess I just don't view G as dangerous as alot of people make it out. As I understand it, the major risks of someone being 'G'd out', are more to do with the fact that they could have consumed other drugs like alcohol, could harm themselves if they collapse, and other stuff like people taking advantage of them. If you 'g out' in a safe environment, and aren't on other downers, then what exactly is the big danger?

I don't think this thread is heading in the right direction. Stating that you can/could tolerate more without almost dying sounds pretty fuckin' lame to me, and does nothing towards promoting effective harm reduction. zaineaol may have tried to convey that, but I can't see it. Comments such as "rofl, imo a pissweak dose" do nothing towards correctly informing newbees.

We never seem to see many posts describing how much heroin a person can tolerate without going blue, or how much of a strong sedative someone can gulp and still stand. Why? Because it looks fucking ridiculous that's why.

Regardless of route of administration, I see no difference with G or any drug that has a steep dose response. All have potential to cause irreversible harm.

It's also important to remember that body weight is no sure fire way to determine dosage. A friend roughly my weight (98 kg) found he couldn't tolerate the dosage his mate could and he was only ~75kg. Both were first time users and neither potentiated the drug with anything.

I have particular disdain for G drugs and those who advocate or brag about dangerous doses. It comes from being involved in too many interventions, particularly one involving the back seat resuscitation and subsequent hospitalisation of an innocent guy who, while dancing at a party, accidentally drank from a bottle of GHB casually left on the kitchen bench.

Unlike bobby v, this guy didn't wake up after 12 hours on life support knowing what had happened. That wasn't until I was able to relay what I'd been able to discover.

I think bobby v's plan to give up G is a most sensible decision.
14.gif

Just a question. what life threatening complications did the doctors say you had besides the usual body reactions to a high levels of GHB (repressed breathing, very deep sleep, lowered heart pulse and blood pressure changes).

Or was it just you were found by people that called an ambulance after you blew out that had no idea what you took, or if they figured G, no idea about the dose. And neither would the doctors so they just took all the precautions and what not they could.

This would be good to know, and would be interesting in the spirit of harm reduction, because if you were actually in a life-threatening situation the dosages you reported above will server as a warning for G users (especially ones that take it often or even daily) that you shouldn't mess with such doses.

phase_dancer said:
I have particular disdain for G drugs and those who advocate or brag about dangerous doses. It comes from being involved in too many interventions, particularly one involving the back seat resuscitation and subsequent hospitalisation of an innocent guy who, while dancing at a party, accidentally drank from a bottle of GHB casually left on the kitchen bench.

14.gif

I think that we all know this is not the case and if so it happens so rarely, it basicaly sounds like your scape goating the old "someone took a swig of someones water bottle and it was actual full with pure G" some how i dont think some one is gonna leave hundreds of dollars worth of G on a "kitchen bench"

Im not saying it doesnt happen that ppl accidently ingest G with out relising it.. but in my honest opinion it happens about as much times as ppl going to hospital on pills... like with all rec drugs there is always going to be a dangerous side to it.....

I've seen plenty of people take a swig of 'g' mistaking it for water, it happens pretty often. And you cant imagine someone leaving drugs on a kitchen bench? Unless everyone you know is trying to rob you I don't see a problem.

Its obvious G causes ALOT more hospital visits for the amount of users compared to the other illegal rec drugs out there. I never seen anyone go to hospital because of pills or meth, but known alot of people who have had ambulances called on them because they passed out on G while out.

Theres a much smaller margin for error with G than other drugs it's not really surprising that this shit happens, no point deluding yourself that it doesnt actually happen. I agree that G on its own doesnt cause many deaths, but i remember a couple years ago where there were about 4-5 ambulances coming to most club carparks every single week by the end of the night to take away all the G overdoses lol.

Woody Wood Pecker said:
I think that we all know this is not the case and if so it happens so rarely, it basicaly sounds like your scape goating the old "someone took a swig of someones water bottle and it was actual full with pure G" some how i dont think some one is gonna leave hundreds of dollars worth of G on a "kitchen bench"

The bottle was about 1/2 full actually. And yes it was left on the kitchen bench while the chap - a large "don't fuck with me" fellow - danced a few metres away . I confirmed it was G after later grabbing it off him and tasting it. He admitted he dosed highly and carried a bottle of the stuff everywhere but couldn't recall leaving it on the bench. When the causalty woke up, all he remembered was going to the bench and taking a gulp of what he thought was water from a new (fresh) looking water bottle. We knew it was the same bottle as we'd both noted the unusal label.

As I've said before, if I ever come across any unattended bottle I even suspect contains GHB, GBL etc, I'll tip it down the sink without hesitation. I'm not one to normally throw a person's drugs out, but I'm certainly one for H&S. Facing any such consequences is something I'm quite familiar with....

Im not saying it doesnt happen that ppl accidently ingest G with out relising it.. but in my honest opinion it happens about as much times as ppl going to hospital on pills...

While I agree that in the context of the situation I described, such accidents are thankfully rare, the question that should be focused on surrounds the reasons why so many users are admitted to hospital? Without doubt it would have to be due to inadvertently ingesting too much G without realising it would do harm.

Stats of hospital admissions indicate that this is certainly the case. From someone who has been actively involved in HR (at the coalface) since the late 90's I can say with total certainty that most drug related hospital admissions our RaveSafe group has dealt with are G related. The pile of intervention reports sitting next to me more than confirms this.

like with all rec drugs there is always going to be a dangerous side to it.....

Yes, but can you not see the difference between drugs with a steep dose response and those drugs or drug forms with a large margin for dose variation?

If this seems like a strange concept, then you might like to look at this excellent Toxicology Tutorial. If you do feel you understand the concept, try just doing the questions - it's good revision anyway.

Toxicology Tutor 1 "Dose and Dose Response" is right after the introduction so it's not too much to get through.

I'm not saying that G can't be taken safely. As we know, dosages within a safe margin are relatively harmless. It's simply the small margin for error and the often seen dicksizing attitudes of users that makes for such a potentially dangerous combo.

phase_dancer said:
The bottle was about 1/2 full actually. And yes it was left on the kitchen bench while the chap - a large "don't fuck with me" fellow - danced a few metres away . I confirmed it was G after later grabbing it off him and tasting it. He admitted he dosed highly and carried a bottle of the stuff everywhere but couldn't recall leaving it on the bench. When the causalty woke up, all he remembered was going to the bench and taking a gulp of what he thought was water from a new (fresh) looking water bottle. We knew it was the same bottle as we'd both noted the unusal label.

As I've said before, if I ever come across any unattended bottle I even suspect contains GHB, GBL etc, I'll tip it down the sink without hesitation. I'm not one to normally throw a person's drugs out, but I'm certainly one for H&S. Facing any such consequences is something I'm quite familiar with....

While I agree that in the context of the situation I described, such accidents are thankfully rare, the question that should be focused on surrounds the reasons why so many users are admitted to hospital? Without doubt it would have to be due to inadvertently ingesting too much G without realising it would do harm.

Stats of hospital admissions indicate that this is certainly the case. From someone who has been actively involved in HR (at the coalface) since the late 90's I can say with total certainty that most drug related hospital admissions our RaveSafe group has dealt with are G related. The pile of intervention reports sitting next to me more than confirms this.

Yes, but can you not see the difference between drugs with a steep dose response and those drugs or drug forms with a large margin for dose variation?

If this seems like a strange concept, then you might like to look at this excellent Toxicology Tutorial. If you do feel you understand the concept, try just doing the questions - it's good revision anyway.

Toxicology Tutor 1 "Dose and Dose Response" is right after the introduction so it's not too much to get through.

I'm not saying that G can't be taken safely. As we know, dosages within a safe margin are relatively harmless. It's simply the small margin for error and the often seen dicksizing attitudes of users that makes for such a potentially dangerous combo.

your points have been taken and noted... but still i have to ask why was this chap drinking from a bottle that wasnt his in the first place.. that is jut asking for trouble, not just in the case of G over dose but cross contamimation how did he know this guy didnt have any diseases and might of had a scratch on the inside of his mouth... im sorry but if you are one that thinks taking a swig from someone elses.. what you think to be water... with out asking permission in the first place... is just asking for what ever happens..

i know it sounds like i am rambling and repeating my self... but it makes me mad with threads like this that bash G and G users... kind remind me when the whole herion is the worst drug... and then ICE is the worst drug... and now of course we have GHB as the worst drug....

People at a drug related party are going to misplace their water bottle or put it down next to someone elses. Hell at a rave you probably swap watter bottles many times a night without realising it. This caused an over dose at a small Brisbane rave in October.

phase_dancer said:
I don't think this thread is heading in the right direction. Stating that you can/could tolerate more without almost dying sounds pretty fuckin' lame to me, and does nothing towards promoting effective harm reduction. zaineaol may have tried to convey that, but I can't see it. Comments such as "rofl, imo a pissweak dose" do nothing towards correctly informing newbees.

Agree with you there phase.

Its good that the original poster is ok and has learnt from his mistake, credit for that.

What we definately don't need clowns telling him that a dose that could of killed him and ended up with him waking up in hospital is a 'weak' dose. Thats definately not what this sites all about.

Welcome to Bluelight bobby V :)

Agreed with Fry-d

This thread wasnt to brag or boast about how much G one can take before killing themselves

I merely wanted to thank eveyone that helped me that that nite

thanks

We are glad you are alive and well enough to tell the tale, Bobby V!

I can back up Phase_dancer's claims about higher proportion of G users needing ambulance assistance than other 'party' drugs. Findings that I presented at a conference in 2005 (from two Melbourne data sources:user self reports and ambulance records) supported this. Given that certainly less people use GHB than the other drugs we compared it too (ecstasy and methamphetamines), this trend is even more pronounced.

Not that he really needs being backed up! ;)

It would be interesting to know just how much of these people actually need emergency treatment though. If they're in a recovery position of course. I guess it would be hard to figure out. Just how many people's hearts stop or how many people stop breathing completely without machinery, or something else severe.

Status
Not open for further replies.