Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Meth quality

P

Perthtweeker

Australian Drug discussion

Hey

Ive tried meth from 6 batches from seperate cooks. Im very experienced with drugs (not so much with quality meth) but never seem to have much luck with meth.

The current batch ive got is good looking shards with an slight yellow tinge too it. It looks like the image below just yellower.
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/show_image.php?i=meth/methamphetamine7.jpg

When i apply heat to my meth pipe the shard melts fairly quickly and forms a pool of liquid. The smoke tastes right and leaves nearly no residue (no black burnt crap). I cant see any obvious cuts added. I get the initial meth rush but afterwards i just dont seem that amped up.

The meth looks, tastes, smokes like quality stuff but it just doesn't have the strength after the initial rush. Is this because it is poorly made and has low potency?

It seems to form a pool quickly with minimal heat - but still gives off smoke - is this possibly due to some cut added in the cooking process?

I know WA users pay alot more then eastern states for out meth - Is quality meth common in WA? I find it strange i can get exotic drugs but not decent meth. Getting to the stage where im thinking of not wasting my money anymore and giving up on meth. Dexies are SO much cheaper and seem to have more kick to them...

You should try buying some rolls. Maybe youll get some good meth haha. Just kidding just kidding

You are probably smoking di-methylamphetamine, which from what I remember is a pretty common and cheap meth substitute. It has the rush when smoked or injected, but it doesn't last very long and after an hour or two it basically puts you into the comedown without a real peak!

I went through grams of this stuff one time with hardly any effects. Very shit drug. And yes it can look beautiful but still be shite!

the gear I've been getting in Perth lately has been pretty good, in fact I think I might of had the same slightly yellow shards as you. Definately not the best I've had but was ok. I IV'ed 200mgs yesterday morning and had a nice rush and that feeling you get in your chest. I know an experienced user and weve IV"ed meth countless times. I remember scoring some average gear one time with him and asked him if he thought it was cut, he said that it wasn't cut and was pure, but just a poorer qaulity batch.

p.s. keep an eye out for the dark amber rocks in perth if your lucky enough to come across, fucking kooter....

You are probably smoking di-methylamphetamine, which from what I remember is a pretty common and cheap meth substitute.

mmm... I'd doubt it would be classified as a cheap substitute. It's certainly more difficult to make than meth via reduction of pseudoephedrine.

It does have one advantage from the clandestine chemist's perspective as the respective amine (di-methylamine) is often easier to obtain than methylamine (used to make meth via amination routes). However, if either is used in a synthesis, the route must go through the ketone. The processes are far more involved than the relatively simple 1 step pseudo reduction.

A couple of years ago I bumped into a couple of guys that had both di-methylamphetamine and ethylamphetamine. Ethylamine is to meth as MDEA is to MDMA. Their descriptions of di-meth was as Splatt mentioned; very weak compared to meth. The ethyl homologue was regarded as less active than meth but much more active than dimethylamphetamine. Both guys described severe psychotic reactions from smoking ethyamphetamine - noticeable over just a few days of continuous use.

^

great info cheers.

di-methylamphetamine ive found to be slight yellow tinge and the shards wierd shaped almost like rice or long iceberg pointy things, and yes same effects, if not almost hungry on the comedown.

Yep, thats another good indication, you sleep fine after a good session!! and you almost have to breathe it in lightly so that the puddle doesnt go up the stem (otherwise a case of burning stem then blowing the puddle back into the vessel, it becomes an art lol) as it is very light and not much smoke, the vessel doesnt turn cloud white as you were saying, you can easily clean the inside of vessel just using a qtip and water, but then good quality ice can do the same thing as well.

v

again great info there

vv

Last edited:
Had some of this last night in Brisbane. Smoked 2 points and went to bed within an hour and slept right through. It was yellowish and had large crystals...looks the goods but man...whatever it was , it wasn't meth.

I should add it left no residue, but smoked very quickly and produced about 1/4 of the smoke you'd expect from a pile in the pipe of that size.

A recent inquiry on the meaning of the term "ketone speed" suggests that some meth or amphetamine currently circulating may have been made via one of many such routes.

Any meth or amphetamine made from the ketone will in all likelihood be a racemic mixture containing at best 50% d and 50% l isomers. Ignoring probable impurities, this essentially means that the speed will be around half the strength of a pseudo reduced product. While methods exist for separating the isomers, it's considered unlikely most clandestine setups would be equipped to do this.

I'm not saying the meth mentioned in this thread would have been synthesized from the ketone, although with recent scheduling of pseudo, it can be expected that some of the more educated cooks will attempt these alternative routes.

Ketone routes typically involve more steps than the pseudo method. In the hands of the novice, this could well equate to an impurity laden product, as each additional step has potential to introduce impurities via contamination or side reaction products. In other words, a badly prepared final product may contain far less than 50% w/w of active product together with various assortments of (possibly toxic) contaminants.