Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Tablet ID Request - Unknown Pharmaceutical

rtb

Bluelighter
Hiya peeps,

I recently found some pills in a baggy and was hoping someone could identify them for me. They are white 8mm wide and 2mm thick, they have a capitol G on one side (i'm gussing this is the brand), and DM -score- 5 on the back which I guess refers to the drug content and mg's...

Any ideas?

thanks in advance:)

As per forum guidelines, please re-word your title to include area and brief description of the tablet.

thanks phase_dancer, i was unsure as to where I should have posted it as they are obviously pharmaceuticals and not mdxx/ecstacy, I did a thorogh search on the net but couldn't find anything.

Should I include my description in the title?

Thanks for the title change!

Last edited:
gumby11 said:
Hey mate, the pills you found are 5mg of valium.

Wow, that was quick. Thanks mate, I was thinking along those lines but wasn't sure. Not my thing so in the bin they go. :)

gumby11 said:
Hey mate, the pills you found are 5mg of valium.
you sure?

must be a different brand or something because my valium comes in white/beige colour, and on it says roche 5 on one side, and just the score on the other.
i find it's good to drop one at the start of a night drinking to get you on your way quicker, rather having to have a few drinks before you head out
and yeah obviously if you're into stimulants, they're then good for the come down

Off topic posts removed.

gumby11 - Could you please advise why you think the above mentioned pill is Valium and if possible reference your claim.

They're Antenex 5mg if they say DM (standing for diazepam) / 5 (obviously 5mg), and G on the other side. It's a cheaper version of valium. A nurse I just talked to says they have them in bottles of 90 at the hospital and are given out all night for anxiety, panic disorders, calming bad trips or amphetamine users (when they don't feel the user needs diazepam IM or IV or stronger dosages, or stronger drugs), and even pain relief.

However he says they are more of a yellow colour, and the 2.5mg ones are white. So to the O.P. Are they totally white?

Thanks for the detailed response Splatt. :)

APPGuide Online said:
What Antenex is used for

Antenex is used to:

• manage anxiety
• relieve symptoms associated with alcohol withdrawal such as acute agitation and tremor
• relax muscles.

Do not take Antenex if you are allergic to:

• diazepam or any other benzodiazepine medicine.
• lactose
• maize starch
• magnesium stearate
• pregelatinised maize starch [Antenex 2 only]
• quinoline yellow CI47005 (E104) [Antenex 5 only].

Do not take Antenex if you have:

• severe and chronic lung or airways disease
• severe liver disease
• sleep apnoea
• myasthenia gravis - a condition where there is severe muscle weakness
• drug or alcohol dependence
• depression, anxiety associated with depression, or any other mental illness which is not being treated with another medicine.

What it looks like

Antenex tablets are available in 2 strengths:

• Antenex 2 - round, white tablet marked DM/2 on one side and G on the other
• Antenex 5 - round, yellow tablet marked DM/5 on one side and G on the other.

Ingredients

The active ingredient in Antenex is diazepam.

• Each Antenex 2 tablet contains 2 mg of diazepam.
• Each Antenex 5 tablet contains 5 mg of diazepam.

The tablets also contain the following inactive ingredients:

• lactose
• maize starch
• magnesium stearate
• pregelatinised maize starch [Antenex 2 only]
• quinoline yellow CI47005 (E104) [Antenex 5 only].

APP Guide Online - Antenex

The information above gives a brief overview of Antenex. For more detailed information click the link above.

Last edited:
Splatt said:
They're Antenex 5mg if they say DM (standing for diazepam) / 5 (obviously 5mg), and G on the other side.

However he says they are more of a yellow colour, and the 2.5mg ones are white. So to the O.P. Are they totally white?

The generic valium I get are exactly like this as well.

I don't have any at the moment, and therefore cannot take a picture though sorry.

Maybe a lot of the generics are printed like this as a standard.

the roche valium 5mg tabs i get for my prescription are like $XX for 50 (with medicare)
i can see the point in getting cheaper versions for more expensive medications, but valium's pretty cheap

[EDIT: Prices removed. hoptis]

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah DM 5 I meant as a standard for some 5mg valium generics, not the G.

Id say there valium. I have Nitrapam (sp) and they have G on one side and NM 5 on the other. Im assueing DM would be valium

Thanks heaps everyone for your input, makes sense that DM stands for diazepam. Think I'll save these for a comedown at some stage....

Sorry, I was in a bit of a hurry when I first replied to rtb

Picture below -black b/g added for clarity - was taken from MIMs online for ANTENEX, manufactured by Alphapharm, Brisbane. Antenex, as mentioned is a generic diazepam.

Attachments

• T0014103.jpg
    T0014103.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 1,818
^ what phase dancer said, antenex is one of the generic brand name for diazepam (valium)

phase_dancer said:
Sorry, I was in a bit of a hurry when I first replied to rtb

Picture below -black b/g added for clarity - was taken from MIMs online for ANTENEX, manufactured by Alphapharm, Brisbane. Antenex, as mentioned is a generic diazepam.

Yeah, thats them, thanks for the picture. Just wondering, not really important, but why is there a G imprinted on one side?