• CD Moderators: Thomas Davie | Darksidesam | Madness
  • Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

The Big & Dandy Synthetic Cannabinoids Thread

Which synthetic cannabinoid do you like or prefer?

• JWH-018

Votes: 89 50.0%
  • JWH-073

Votes: 30 16.9%
  • JWH-133

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • JWH-200

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • JWH-250

Votes: 28 15.7%
  • CP-47,497

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • CP-55,940

Votes: 8 4.5%
  • HU-210

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • HU-211

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • WIN 55,212-2

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • AM-2201

Votes: 5 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

e1evene1even

Bluelighter
The Big & Dandy Synthetic Cannabinoids Thread​

JWH-073.png
. . . . .
240px-CP-47,497.svg.png

exempli gratia: JWH-073 (left) and CP 47,497 (right)

devider66.jpg

This thread is for discussion of artificially manufactured chemicals named cannabinoids that are not necessarily analogues of THC but work pharmacologically about the same way as does cannabis!

List of Wikipedia pages of more common synthetic cannabinoids:

Categorized by chemical family:
Here is a quick overview of Wikipedia's categorized listing:

NSFW:

2im84tt.png

PD classification system of synthetic cannabinoids (1-6):

!!! IMPORTANT !!!

If you want to discuss these drugs please go to the subthreads that will be created for each class,
see below in what class every compound falls into. Later receptor affinities and substitution schemes
will be included here as well.

See here a list for receptor affinities of an extensive number of synthetic cannabinoids

Subthreads:

28uliyv.png

The JWH Series:

• JWH-018 = Class 3 ; JWH-203 = Class 4
  • JWH-030 = Class 3 ; JWH-210 = Class 3
  • JWH-051 = Class 2 ; JWH-250 = Class 4
  • JWH-073 = Class 3 ; JWH-307 = Class 3
  • JWH-081 = Class 3 ; JWH-359 = Class 1
  • JWH-122 = Class 3 ; JWH-424 = Class 3
  • JWH-133 = Class 2
  • JWH-147 = Class 3
  • JWH-161 = Class 1
  • JWH-182 = Class 3

The AM Series

• AM-087 = Class 1 ; AM-1221 = Class 3
  • AM-411 = Class 1 ; AM-1235 = Class 3
  • AM-694 = Class 5 ; AM-1248 = Class 6
  • AM-855 = Class 1 ; AM-2201 = Class 3
  • AM-905 = Class 1 ; AM-2232 = Class 3
  • AM-906 = Class 1 ; AM-4030 = Class 1
  • AM-919 = Class 1 ;
  • AM-938 = Class 1 ;
  • AM-1220 = Class 3

The HU Series

• HU-210 = Class 1
  • HU-308 = Class 2
  • HU-331 = Class 2

The WIN Series

• WIN-54,461 = Class 5
  • WIN-55,212-2 = Class 3
  • WIN-56,098 = Class 6

The CP Series

• CP-47,497 = Class 2
  • CP-55,244 = Class 2
  • CP-55,940 = Class 2

Relevant Links:

Other Threads:

devider66.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Partly inspired by the 'RC suggestions for 2007 thread', I've decided to post something thats been on my mind for a while. Where are all the 'RCs' related to Δ9-THC? Now before Church decides to move this thread to the cannabis forum in a fit of rage :p, I think I should mention that I am talking about oral cannabis in a psychedelic context, rather than in the less intense smoked form.

First of all, is anything structurally related to cannabis enough to be active automatically scheduled? If so, that would explain the lack of cannabinoid 'RCs'. Secondly, contrary to what many people might be thinking, cannabis can be extremely psychedelic.

I've had half a 'pot cookie' before that made me think I was on mushrooms or acid and I'm sure many people here have their own story about the brownie or cookie that blew their mind. Apparently this is because Δ9-THC is converted to a much more active form of THC (11-Hydroxy-THC) by the liver.

Considering there is a whole receptor system in the brain for cannabinoids and humanities long history with hemp, I'm surprised there isn't a plethora of cannabinoid related chemicals flooding both the 'underground drug culture' and our collective nervous systems...

Does anybody have any thoughs on why?

Last edited by a moderator:
ALX-270-243.gif.gif

250px-CP_55%2C940_chemical_structure.png

Win55,212-2 & CP-55940? *shrug*
Yeah, unsure too why these haven't been more thoroughly investigated.

I agree completely, pot can be /very/ psychedelic in terms of not only cognitive effects (think outside the box sorta stuff) but in terms of intense OEV's & CEV's.

MattPsy said:
ALX-270-243.gif.gif

250px-CP_55%2C940_chemical_structure.png

Win55,212-2 & CP-55940? *shrug*
Yeah, unsure too why these haven't been more thoroughly investigated.

I agree completely, pot can be /very/ psychedelic in terms of not only cognitive effects (think outside the box sorta stuff) but in terms of intense OEV's & CEV's.

meh, iv been smoking weed everyday for the last 4 years, every fri sat sun in middle school. sure its psychedelic LIKE but the actual actions are missing, I think it's more along the lines of just a sedative you can think/causes hyper active thinking. I mean, you look stoned but your mind is racing.

I trust you've never seen your surrounding melt around you and vomit from the intensity, then.
I have.
It's psychedelic aiight :p .

MattPsy said:
I trust you've never seen your surrounding melt around you and vomit from the intensity, then.
I have.
It's psychedelic aiight :p .

well I dont eat it if tahts what you are getting at. Iv been in the weed game for years befor I smoked again (4 years ago) Iv had numberous name brand weed and more then enough hash. I kief every bud i have and smoke the kief when I have a few grams. Iv had some realy abd mind fucks but nothing I would call psychedelic. I stoped smoking in middle school because it made my panic attacks come back, I know the difference between panic and chemical alterations of your cognition. though weed alters your cognition it takes YOU tyo have that panic attack type workings to get to where in my experience is close to what you are talking about.

I think weed is just as psychedelic as maize if you read that thread. I just would class it psychedelic pharmacology wise.

Pot is not a 5-HT2 agonist, just as ketamine and S. divinorum are not. But all of them are defintely mind expanding substances. To deny that pot is a mind-expanding substance is to ignore the everything about its history and why it is such an important plant. Those that smoke pot every day may not experience intense mind-expanding effects because you are habituated to it...using pot in ever setting and that becomes your normal state, not a novel one.

Last edited:
Pharmacologically, pot is a CB1 agonist.

IMO, just because something is not a 5-HT2A agonist doesn't mean it's not psychedelic. Ketamine and salvia are amazing psychs, yet K acts as a NMDA antagonist, and Salvia, a kappa-opioid agonist.

Youkai: The intense experiences i've had from pot have been smoked, not eaten (and which matched the intensity of a high-dose mushroom trip). I anticipate eating could be even more intense (which scares me, haha).

Not necessarily (arguing against myself here, devil's advocate) - i've had this debate before with friends who've said MDMA isn't a psychedelic. I myself think that it is, as it is mind-manifesting and can induce huge changes in the way that a person views to world.
It depends how you define psychedelic.
And it gets messy, fast.

I totally agree that those who smoke pot on a daily basis (including myself) are mostly immune to its more psychedelic effects. Try to remember your first few times. Imagine if you took LSD or mushrooms on a semi-daily basis for years, how would the effects of that compare to pot if you smoked it once every month or so?

You can't really compare SMOKING with ORAL cannabis. As much as I have experienced with mushrooms, currently I am most likely to agree with Chris Bennet (well known authority on the subject of Cannabis and religion, author and host of the Pot-Tv show 'Burning Shiva etc) that the drink 'Soma' is most likely a potent psychedelic cannabis beverage, similar to the modern day 'bhang lassi' ('Manna' is obviously mushrooms, no argument there). Recent archeological evidence has discovered cannabis drink making thousands of years ago and Hebrew University in Israel has established that Kaneh Bosm' in the Bible (Exodus, the Song of Songs, Isaiah, Jeremiah, etc), the special ingredient of the 'holy anointing oil' is in fact cannabis and not calamus as mistranslated in the greek versions of the old testament.

Regardless if cannabis is crucial to the foundations of many of the world's major religions or not, the point is, oral cannabis can be serious stuff. Your can only get so high from smoking, even if you smoked for hours, but try eating a dozen well made pot cookies (you can do this in minutes) and then see how you feel (not something I recommend).

I doubt anyone who has experienced high dose ORAL THC would doubt its power or psychedelic potential, but perhaps this method of ingestion is still relatively uncommon in the west and that helps explain the lack of interest in orally active analogues.

/

Hey, anyone makes one, i'm top on your volunteer labmonkey list :) .

MattPsy said:
It depends how you define psychedelic.
And it gets messy, fast.

No it doesn't. Psychedelic was coined by H. Osmond and it means 'expansion of the mind" or "mind manifestation." It has to do with a state of mind.

Any other definition is incorrect.

Is alcohol psychedelic? It sure makes chicks hotter when I might think they are :p .

The chemistry is over my head but an interesting thread , good idea!

morninggloryseed said:
No, it's a disgrace.

It is a disgrace to me mainly because of the fact that I think it is a much heavier drug than cannabis. It has a much more debilatating effect on people in my opinion. Alcohol makes people loud, violent and annoying yet it is legal.8)

I agree, cannabis can produce psychedelic effects, it never did so that heavily though until after I used it to catalyze a very intense high dose morning glory trip. Cannabis can definately produce psychedelic effects.

What about salvanorin derivatives that may produce interesting effects? What if the salvanorin molecule was modified to make it more orally active or such.

Where are all the cannabinoid 'RCs'???

Too expensive to produce when compared to the natural source of the drug (and if there was a demand for THC in a fairly pure form at the moment, people would be doing THC extracions with plant material on a commercial scale). The 5-alkylresorcinols are quite expansive to use as precursors, preventing much interest in other THC analogues getting started

Status
Not open for further replies.