Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

How cocaine is made

Doogan

Bluelighter
Just was looking around www.digg.com cool social news site then found a link to Youtube. Short video of sum dudes making cocaine showing what goes in it... nothing most already dont know but interesting none the less

Making cocaine video

Hope you all enjoy

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to understand most of those ingredients are not nessesarily a part of the drug but only used to help extract the alkoliod from the coca plant. There are other ways to produce a different forms of this coca product, what is seen at the end is not yet cocaine it requires further processing with acetone and hyrdocloric acid as mentioned i.e Cocaine Hydrocloride.

Another point is that when you make a substance you are changing the chemical make up of most of the ingredients it is no longer what it originally was. One more note is i think it is actually diesel that they use not gasoline, diesel has better properties for the extraction process. Prob just a typo in the movie

Not that I would wish to encourage any form of cocaine production, but I'm not sure cocaine extraction should come under synth discussion. Effectively, its the isolation of an active product, so, in principle, it should probably be treated like other extractions e.g. codeine, cannabinoids, mescaline, DXM etc.

As cocaine is rumoured to be grown in Australia (see past posts in this forum) there's likely to be various (local) ideas on how best to extract the alkaloid...

In looking at the video, the steps aren't that clear although the basic method would probably work. Both diesel and petrol would probably work as the N/P solvent. I should point out however, to produce a more pure product, the mentioned production of the HCl salt also requires another process to facilitate the removal of other alkaloids. Details can be found on Erowid

Thread has been returned after consideration however if this thread heads down the wrong track it will be deleted.

phase_dancer said:
As cocaine is rumoured to be grown in Australia (see past posts in this forum) there's likely to be various (local) ideas on how best to extract the alkaloid...

Has there ever been any busts of coca plants in Aus? Does anyone know if the conditions in parts of this country would be suitable to grow it? Things could certainly be a lot different if growing coke in this country ever took off. Maybe ICE would make way for crack?

^^^ i doubt it, allot of coca plants would be required to produce decent amount of high grade coke - as opposed to a few boxes of cold & flu tabs and a stove :p