Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Damiana and other herbs.

technoHarmony

Bluelighter
Im planning on buying some damiana and maybe some mugwort.

i just stopped smokin bud and i read that damiana can help with this.
hopefully itll give me a similar relaxed feeling, but im not expectin much.

can anyone recommend any other good smokable herbs?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I hope I'm allowed to post here even though I'm not Australian.

I have some herbs in my cupboard right now that I got to test out since I've stopped smoking weed. I have some Wild Dagga, which actually does have some effect. I've heard it's good with alcohol, which I haven't tested out yet as I've stopped drinking for a while.

I also have some Damiana, which aside from having a really cool sounding name, didn't do much for me. I think ultimately the problem is that I didn't get it fresh, because the stuff I ordered was very dry and very cheap. As the saying goes... You get what you pay for, which is probably the case for me.

I've been drinking Kratom tea, which is very, very nice if you dose correctly and find legit Kratom. I've tried Kratom from about 4 different places and of those, I've settled on one vendor that really gives me good product. Kratom in my experience is hands down the best legal herb. I don't know how legal it is in Australia. I think it may be illegal to use but legal to grow, but I'm not so sure about the ins and outs of the Australian legal system.

Damiana tastes fucking disgusting through a bong, and it pretty useless. Just use will power. Quitting pot isn't that hard. Sure it has mental and physical withdrawals, but it's not like a heroin or valium withdrawal or something.

If you want something to get you past, go find someone with G, usae that for a week, and never ever find a source for it again, in case you get addicted. Just exercise and drink plenty of water and eat good foods. Try to sleep, maybe alcohol will be enough to get you past, but don't replace the addiction.

Fuck the legal herbs, they don't do anything.

I've got some Tribal Trance that contains Damiana. I like to spin it with my weed. My girlfriend finds the Damiana makes her horny. I'm not really sold on the fact that it does anything much though.

What are your reasons for stopping the bud?

yep, dont think it does much except for maybe a slight placebo effect.

have tried in the past when go thru a stage of trying to quit the bongs, two years later and i'm stil smoking, going to try again in the new year.

good luck tho dude...

the problem with buying a lot of the 'herbal highs' is that you get the rough cut of the plant. people write them off because they buy overpriced second rate material which they then expect big things from. if you really want to give one of them a go i suggest you grow it yourself.

id suggest getting some wild dagga (lions tale) but you only want the orange flowers unless you have an excessive amount of the leaf and plan to do a basic extraction. luckily it is a pretty popular plant in council gardens so you might not have to look that far for fresh material.

i find passion flower is quite relaxing.
only problem is the shit i get isn't very good for smoking. it tastes good, but i don't like how it's like really thick sticks and shit in it.

question: how do you stop the herb in a pipe from being sucked through the cone and going into your lungs?
should i put some steel wool in the section below the cone to act as a filter?
or maybe chuck some cardboard in there?
just wondring what you actually do. other than making a bong of course.

jigglybean said:
I don't know how legal it is in Australia. I think it may be illegal to use but legal to grow, but I'm not so sure about the ins and outs of the Australian legal system.
Does anyone know about this?

Its banned from being imported ofcourse, don't know if its illegal in every state for use.

I tried damania as a tea and used about half a bag from you know where (or most people will), and I got weird sedating effects with some dream-like visions with my eyes closed, and had weird REM for about half an hour, then woke up with energy. Did not feel horny on the stuff, and actually had some weird physical side effects. I do realise I had a whole bunch but I was trying to find if it had effects at higher doses. Smoking it seems to make it more potent, but the taste is shitty and it doesn't really seem to stone or calm me, just trigger the slightest different mindstate for a little while. You could probably get the same high from smoking random bark or leafs from some plant in the park :p

i've always wanted to trying spinning with damiana instead of tobacco, do you guys think it tastes better than tobacco?

thanks for the replies guys.

i went out and got 50gram of passion flower and 50 grams of damiana too.
havent tried it yet though.

i didnt exactly stop smokin weed, ive just gotta wait a lil while til i can get some more so i just wanted somethin that could fill the time.

ill post back with my experience later.

I like Damiana, it intensifies visual sharpness & colours for me when smoked through a bong, yeah the taste takes some getting used to, but its nice as an alternative to smoking tobacco or cannabis.

the tribal trance mix is very good, very relaxing.

damiana seems to be very soothing, but quite harsh smoke

I know its illegal and reasonably hard to get in australia, but have you tried Salvia Divinorum.
Smoke in a pipe/bong with a jet lighter-> needs higher temp approx 250 degrees.
It is excellent for coming off a pot addiction.
the tribal trance mix has got small amounts of salvia in it apparently:D

sonicnature said:
I like Damiana, it intensifies visual sharpness & colours for me when smoked through a bong, yeah the taste takes some getting used to, but its nice as an alternative to smoking tobacco or cannabis.
how much damiana do you smoke usually?

i just had a lil joint of it (prob just under half gram). i can feel it a bit but not experiencing that intense visual sharpness and colors you described.

gonna try the passion flower now.

xcidium said:
Does anyone know about this?

kratom is completely illegal in australia. it is illegal to be in posession of plant material and it is also illegal to grow. its one of five illegal to grow plants in australia along with canabis, Papaver somniferum, Erythroxylum sp and Salvia divinorum

technoHarmony said:
how much damiana do you smoke usually?

i just had a lil joint of it (prob just under half gram). i can feel it a bit but not experiencing that intense visual sharpness and colors you described.

gonna try the passion flower now.

in a sitting probably 6 or 7 bongs.

what plant is Erythroxylum sp i cant seem to find it on google?

Damiana isn't a very good spin alternative.. it is too harsh. It can be used to make a 10 cone spun mix, turn into about 13 cones if you are low on weed.