Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Drugs @ Schoolies 2006

hoptis

Bluelight Crew
Over $350K ecstasy, cocaine seized in raid
By Richard Finnila
November 15, 2006 01:00am

DRUG squad detectives have closed down a major drug operation on the Gold Coast just days before the annual Schoolies Week festival.

About 50 officers raided 20 addresses across the Gold Coast yesterday, seizing more than $350,000 of ecstasy and cocaine.

Eleven people have been charged with 66 drug-related offences.

Detective Superintendent Brian Wilkins said the operation was timely as the ecstasy was to have been distributed at Schoolies.

"The co-ordinated nature of this effort has resulted in significant drug seizures and the arrest of a number of people," Supt Wilkins said.

Three men who were charged with trafficking in ecstasy and cocaine will appear before the Southport Magistrate's Court today with the other alleged offenders expected to appear in the Southport Magistrate's Court on November 30.

Crime Stoppers can be contacted on 1800 333 000.

Courier-Mail

one way or another, the kids at schoolies are still gonna get fucked up on drugs.

And I'm going to help them!
JOKE!!!

Yeah, they'll always find something. And if they didn't, they'd try anything to get high. Remember kids, nitrous is at every corner shop in QLD!

There are some pretty clear pictures of the pills they confiscated on the news however I never get close enough to the tv to see what they are.

It looks like a bunch of beige ones and some orange looking ones. Anyone get a close look and know what they are?

coke would have been cut to fuck anyway..shit comedown...typical aussie cocaine...unless somone else convinces me otherwise..ah..wish australia was the main producer of the coke plant..meh

Eh.. not so true if it was pretty close to the bikie gangs, they just charge you through the arse for it. very expensive.

haha damn! i'm sure most people with half a brain will buy their stuff before they go to schoolies

This was in a news report last night. Why do I get the feeling there will be more fights up at schoolies because of it :)

mixer said:
haha damn! i'm sure most people with half a brain will buy their stuff before they go to schoolies

Well the ones that aren't driving up it may make it a bit harder, especially if they're taking a plane. So they would rely on getting ecstasy on the street.
You have to be brave to deal in Schoolies Week(s) in Surfers, because of the amount of police present, and the volunteers that have direct communication to a police base via radio. There are lots and lots of them and they are always looking out for trouble, drinking, drugs, molesters and toolies.

Splatt said:
Well the ones that aren't driving up it may make it a bit harder, especially if they're taking a plane. So they would rely on getting ecstasy on the street.

Good point I didn't think about that, oh well like its already been said the kids are going to get their drugs one way or another.

Just saw the images of the pills confiscated, couldn't see what they were. Maybe Batmans and something else?

i dont think they search you for drugs when u go interstate on planes.. or do they???

well..at least i know of some very brave people who went up to QLD with a couple of pills right in their pockets...lol

Maybe not, but they can scan tyou randomly with ion scanners looking for bombs and they may set them to look for illegal drugs these days.

Yeah i've been ion scanned at an airport before, something about 'explosive residue'...

still, you must be a tool to want to risk it for a couple of personal biccies imo.

Splatt said:
Maybe not, but they can scan tyou randomly with ion scanners looking for bombs and they may set them to look for illegal drugs these days.

Yeh, I was one of the few selected to be scanned for 'explosive residue' at Ballina airport (near Byron Bay) on return to Sydney after schoolies conclusion. After originally exercising my right to refuse, I was informed that failure to comply would result in my non-travelling. As i'd already spent my fair share of time in Byron and was ready to return home I was left with no option but to succumb. I felt raped. The pig had done me on all fronts.

I felt raped. The pig had done me on all fronts.
and now he was going off to chuckle about it -- on the west side of town, waiting for me to make, waiting for me to make a run for L.A.

I can't help myself when it comes to a fear & loathing quote =D
must stop watching drug movies! *Bangs head on keyboard*

There wasn't that much people out tonight, but there was heaps of police, even the swat team lol. lots of volunteers and SES, and probably undercovers. The dogs always seem to be around the beach areas all night, where the music and what not is. I got a nasty look from a police man that heard me warning everyone about dogs up ahead.

Cops were really out in full force. I mean, there were many many groups of them, and instead of the nortmal group of 4 to 5, it was around 6 to 10, sometimes even 12. Funniest thing I saw was a group of 6 police man standing around at the end of Orchid Ave, with a 3ml plunger right next to their feet.

Happens every year doesn't it. To feed the parents worries that their children are going to get really fucked up. Probably never makes a difference, just looks good on paper and in papers.

The mind boggles just trying to comprehend how many young people will try ecstasy for the first time over the next couple of months... even though these days, I suppose they start a bit earlier?

Last VCE exam was yesterday so it's definitely schoolies season down in Vic.