• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

A Current Affair - The Ice Age

Can anyone tell me if there is any truth to this story whatsoever??
Fair enough - I've never injected "ice", but i've ingested or smoked it, and alot lot longer than 3 months....that's for sure. This story seems like a load of shit, it almost seems manufactured.

That kid doesn't even look like a busted up meth user, more like an attention seeking kid craving for a bit T.L.C .

She didnt even hold up a servo, steal a car or steal the journalists bag the whole time of the filming hehehehe(jokes ofcourse)

What do u expect from sensationalist journalism. they had little statistics to create a convincing story and used influencial language to bullshit and fill out a story about a bogan chick that started shooting up meth. interviewer - "How much do u want ICE right now". bogan chick - " oh yeah...pretty bad"...fuck off

Just a beat up sensational story. Showing a teenager's face "after using ice", it's a fucking typical teenager with puberty zits. My god.. The mum looked worse. 8) And that computer imagery of the reporter's face getting all scabby + losing teeth in 1-2-3-4-5-6 months was down right laughable (if you know better of course). Sadly some people will believe this to be the truth. I wish they could be sued for misinformation.

Yeah typical sensationalism, selling fear to their audience of worried parents.

The video didn't work for me but from the audio I could tell that it was probably a good thing I couldn't actually see it. When the reporter went on that spiel about ice destroying families, drug pushers selling to teenagers... christ that was awful. Even for ACA.

lol yeah i cant be bothered installing whatever it says i need to view this shite. I saw the previews last week and thought it looked way over beat up.

fucking ACA...funny uou say this..i recently did a non-print media assignment on this exact segment for english...pretty fair to say i brough out the points you guys have...

ACA has hit a new low, that's quite possibly the worst reporting I've ever seen.

Horrified

I think the most horrifying thing about that story was that the mother didn't know how to deal with her daughter who had a "drug problem" and so the only place she felt she could turn to was A Current Affair! This was not a case of a serious drug addiction, this was a case of bad parenting and a lack of discipline on behalf of the teenager.

A little self control on behalf of the kid and a bit of understanding on the part of the parents wouldn't go astray...

^^ My favourite line was when that girl wailed

"NO ONE CAAAAAAAAARES"

pan to the fuckarse reporter saying "OH, i do!"

I really wished the 'report' had of filmed the ending where ACA kicked her out of the moving camera van screaming

"SAYONARA SUCKER AND THANKS FOR THE RATINGS!"

^ hahaha...

this is a new loz in reporting...no wonder people attitudes regarding these drugs are so tainted... the info on them is bullshit.

So this isn't about the animated movie of the same name, starring Ray Romano?

Damn. :D

I didn't see the documentary, but it sounds like a load of bs. Couldn't be as bad as the one i saw on 60 Minutes a couple of months ago...

The most frustrating thing about the above mentioned report and others such as the 60 Minutes reports, is that they fail to provide factual information to support their arguments. I feel that if 'real' information was provided to the public it would serve a much greater purpose than attempting to convince the masses by what I consider to be scare campaigns.

There is no doubt that Ice is causing issues within society today but the same can be said about many illicit, and non illicit substances utilised by individuals on a daily basis.

Just my 2c

ACA and today tonight are always good for a laugh, they are just confirming the thoughts of ignorant people. twas funny when the young ice fiend got her hand slammed in the door and started crying to her mum.

Just a kid seeking attention. Pathetic pathetic pathetic report.

Wish one of the ice dealers had stabbed them all when they pulled out of the deal.

wtf was that?

DEALER: how much you want?
BUYER: enough for one deal
DEALER: ok, one deal will cost you 120 bucks

who the fuck says that shit? If i was a dealer and someone said "enough for one deal" i would laugh and then walk away.. wtf was that honestly..

What I don't get is the ACA stated no money traded hands doing the deals. So what did they use, monopoly money?

lil angel15 said:
The most frustrating thing about the above mentioned report and others such as the 60 Minutes reports, is that they fail to provide factual information to support their arguments. I feel that if 'real' information was provided to the public it would serve a much greater purpose than attempting to convince the masses by what I consider to be scare campaigns.

There is no doubt that Ice is causing issues within society today but the same can be said about many illicit, and non illicit substances utilised by individuals on a daily basis.

Just my 2c

Yeah, as funny as this little tale was, i think the worst thing about it is that there are real and serious issues that the increased usage of methamphetamine is causing amongst various communities.

But, in a move that no one could find surprising, sensationalist news shows focus on the very extremes of people affected ie poor little 15 year old kiddies or long term, impoverished addicts trawling the streets for salvageable second hand goods8) .

I mean, using extreme examples such as these helps no one, other than that ratings of the aformentioned shows.