Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Invitation from Australian Parliamentary Group for Drug Law Reform

mepat1111

Bluelighter
I recently received an invitation to attend the Summer Enchanted rave in Adelaide with the Australian Parliamentary Group for Drug Law Reform and thought some of the users on this board would be interested to hear about it. It seems Sandra Kanck has decided to attend once again, and this time is taking anyone from the APGDLR who wishes to attend. Although it's quite a trip for me I will endevour to attend if I can. I just hope that Sandra choses her words a little more carefully this time around when speaking to the media.

Does anyone have any specific issues that they think should be raised amoungst the group?

that a lot of drug users are actually responsible people with educations and/or jobs and are socially aware people - not all of us are like what is portrayed in the media... and yet current laws see us as criminals.

party with care said:
that a lot of drug users are actually responsible people with educations and/or jobs and are socially aware people - not all of us are like what is portrayed in the media... and yet current laws see us as criminals.
That's exactly what the group is aware of, this is why we are doing our best to chance the current laws in Australia. Unfortunately narrow minded people, and idiot politians with their 0 tolerance policies make this very hard. Thanks for your input though :)

The government not allowing pill testing to be conducted at enchanted is a pretty big issue I'd say.
Hindering harm minimisation and possible valuable research as well.

AcidRain said:
The government not allowing pill testing to be conducted at enchanted is a pretty big issue I'd say.
Hindering harm minimisation and possible valuable research as well.
I'll be sure to mention it :)

Just as a bit of background knowledge, this year Enchanted is changing format.

Up until now, it has always been an all night, unlicenced/alcohol free event some way out of adelaide. This year though, it will be running midday to 11pm, somewhere much closer to the city, and alcohol will be available for the first time.

That drugs and their effects on people, thus laws/policy directed at them should be treated as health issues for the most part instead of "law and order" issues as this angle of attack does little to help people who intend to try drugs, especially once they've tried them and figured out that all the negative hype about a particular substance was exactly that.

Also, maybe that pills are becoming (or are) widely used amongst non-ravers more and more; the specific "druggie raver" culture is no longer the only party culture to use pills, as the research indicates.. just a thought