• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Meth the day before flying OS

As long as your not carring any i'd say, No problems, But my mate who used to smoke weed every day thought he'd be clever and wash and shower and brush his teeth after his last bong before we went to airport, his carry bag which he used every day for every day thing things brought alot of unwanted attention in Canda 32 hours later.

They stripped the bag, xrayed it, checked every seem. but didn't even ask him to empty his pockets, Odd. So just by carrying weed with him every day caused him to miss his flight from toronto to halifax.

Yeah I got searched at Christchurch airport cos I took a bag that had been used to carry weed and bongs.

dont stress mate, if you have nothing on you they cant bust you, at worst you might just get searched but I doubt it.

as quoted from KandyK's Homeless in Japan with a fuckload of Drugs....

Sensei raised another question. “When’s the last time you did meth?”

“The last point I had was July 1st of this year. I quit after that, but relapsed just once on July 22nd before arriving here, and since then I haven’t done it.”

“That’s really good that you quit, meth can be really evil at times,” Sensei paused, taking a second to comprehend whether he had heard my last sentence correctly. “Wait, you did it on the flight here?!”

“Yeah, just before leaving on the airport,” I leaked out a mischevious laugh. “And man, when I got to the airport, it was like PARANOIA FUCKING CITY you know what I mean… All those cops… all those dogs… LURKING…Gah!”

He laughed so hard he was holding his sides and bellowing, “Man, you’re CRAZY! I could NEVER do that! I mean, weren’t you afraid of the dogs sniffing anything on you? Like, say you had 5mg of powder sprinkled on your shirt, they could easily sniff that out.”

“Don’t be ridiculous,” I joked. “If I had that amount of meth on my shirt, I’d fucking lick it off.”

Sensei cackled some more, to which Taka posed rhetorically, “She’s a funny one, isn’t she?”

Enjoy, one of the best trip reports I have read in ages.
Homless in Japan with a FUCKLOAD of drugs. By KandyK. Day 2

Just make sure you don't chop the lines with a card out of your wallet, my bag which contained my wallet, was checked and a swap which they rubbed all over the contents was put through some sort of chemical analysis device. Not sure if they are checking for drugs/explosives residue etc. so just be careful!

Personally, I thinks it's very unwise to do or be around any drug prior to travelling abroad. The meth could well show up as traces that came from your skin or other clothing. Remember, if the ion scan devices are programmed to detect meth, just a few particles will give a positive. As strungout has said, they are checking for drugs/explosives so they are looking for very small amounts. Sometimes certain perfumes will contain chemicals that can be used in explosives manufacture. Therefore false positives are common with these substances. Not so for illicit drugs, where there is no use outside of the obvious.

It may well be that you would cruise through without a concern, but if you decide to do it, then at least have an explanation in case you're pulled aside. The bottom line is that you don't want to be registered as a traveller who has had something to do with drugs.

bomb detectors vs drug detectors

I've gone through the detectors with pot in my crotch...I didn't have a problem. However...I think this detector was only for explosives. I know drug detector sensors exist, but are they widely in use yet? ;)

Yes, it's usually the same device only programmed to recognise a wider range of substances.

have they have these scaners for domestic travel? In jan this year i travelled with my wife and kids with ten joints rolled up in my sleave no problem, but when i got too the hotel i still had a the dregs of coke in a baggie from the night before at the *event* which i forgot about. When i found it i was more worried about the coke than the joints. Should i off been?

EDIT: Event name removed. hoptis

Last edited by a moderator:
Teddles said:
have they have these scaners for domestic travel?

Yes but they're just programmed for explosives. It's still not the brightest idea to ever bring drugs into an airport, even if the security regimen for domestic travel isn't as comprehensive.

I know people are much more willing to run the gauntlet for domestic travel because they don't perceive the risk is great but where you're walking through x-ray machines and metal detectors, there is still always a risk that an observant security person will catch you out. Not to mention other airport and airline staff.

A friend had meth, weed and ketamine the night before his flight to Bangkok and had no problems. I think it was only half a day before his flight left too. I don't think it's a wise plan though. You might even get selected for a random cavity search when the meth comedown is making you look sketchy and suspicious even if you have nothing on you.

Last edited:
My Customs experience

I went to canada with my parents to do some skiing at Whistler/Blackcomb when I was about 15-16. It was just after the 9/11 shit so after the usual customs checks and random searches, they had added an extra screening feature in the departing lounge. Customs had set up tables with about 20 more officers to go individualy through everyones hand luggage, they even opened up our tin of chap ointment and made us prove thats what it was 8) ... I was pretty innocent then but that would trip me out hard now days.

Anyway, got to whistler and hooked up with a stoner mate who by chance was staying in the same hotel, so of by the time we had unpacked our luggage on the first night we wanted to see if Canadian weed was the "good shit". Luckily there are about a dozen weed dealers in the main village area at whistlers base, it took us a total of 10mins to have 2 dealers offer us 8th's and q's! Twas good hydro weed, and we paid no more than we would here. Needless to say our two week stay was livend up. At one point we even had 30yr old american tourists ask us for week!! The shit was everywhere! =D

Being a young lad who had no idea about snifferdogs and drug checks I didn't think twice about washing my weed soacked cloths or the backpack we'd used nightly to keep our weed and utensils before I left.

After the mega flights, through checks in Canada, LAX and then to melb I was tired as shit. However, it was late Jan and that same morning I got back from LA I had to pump my 16yr old self up for the massive day out that awaited me. Plane landed at 9:30, I managed to change into my festival gear in the planes toilets and be the first one off the plane. I gave all my bags and shit to mum and kept only what I needed for a full day of festival insanity. I think I made a new record, I was out of the plane, through arrivals, through duty free and through customs in less than 30mins - I was running the entire way, Frenzal Rhomb was on at 11:00 and I wasn't going to miss em!

My day was epic, my brain was pumping, little did I know what had happen on my parents arival!8(
They're trip through customs was a lot slower to say the least. Not only my backpack, but my bag of luggage got sniffed out on arrival (I was wearing the only cloths that I hadn't been smoking in)! The customs officers were asking my parents, "whos bags are these?", and they kept telling them they belonged to their son, who the customs officers had forgotten I had escaped much earlier! They went through everything while my mum continued to say "I don't understand... it must be his dirty socks or something"8) They found nothing and didn't keep my parents up too much longer, probably realising that they were just in denial about their sons weed smoking ;)

The moral of this story is, those dogs are good! Weed is a big no no, I hadn't smoked for the previous day before we left and everything still reeked! All I could think was "poor mum, they thought you were a stoner" :\

Yep dont bother and just wait till you get to your destination perhaps? when I go OS Im always buying a new cheapo wallet and new bank cards (or try not to chop using bank/credit card), learnt from my 'almost' past mistakes! I travel to oz frequently mainly melburn, so always extra careful, tend to go for alcohol night before, recover on flight, then topup once im there hehe :)

Last edited:
Personally I'd hate to be coming down from meth and have to checkin, go through customs etc and then sit on a plane for x amount of hours.

free alcohol onboard could possibly help things ;)

Thanks all. Ended up doing a lot more than one point and made it through fine.

I didn't take the same clothes with me and I used alcohol swabs on my cards.