• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: SMH Online - 27/10/2006 Snort snort but no sniff sniff? Something smells funny

hoptis

Bluelight Crew
Snort snort but no sniff sniff? Something smells funny
Posted by Bernard Zuel
October 26, 2006 10:45 PM

Heaven forbid anyone was to suggest the in-need-of-good-publicity police, the unctuous politicians, the rabid tabloid newspapers or the ignorant loudmouths of radio were hypocrites. Wash your mouth out for such a comment.

Earlier this year, as they did last year, the NSW police sent their sniffer dogs on patrol at the Big Day Out at the former Olympics precinct at Homebush. Not as a Royal Easter Show parade preview but to discover drugs among the music goers. Drugs are bad bad bad after all. Civil liberties are a small price to pay to save our society from the scourge of illicit substances etc etc etc.

On Sunday night the ARIA Awards will be held at the former Olympics precinct at Homebush. There will be drugs everywhere on the night, being taken by suit-wearing blokes and glamour dress-wearing women. Some of them high profile business and entertainment figures.

Will the NSW Police send out the sniffer dogs? Drugs are bad bad bad after all. Civil liberties are a small price to pay to save our society from the scourge of illicit substances etc etc etc.

After all if you think loosing the hounds on the predominantly young people at the BDO is perfectly fine then your zero tolerance surely must apply to the older "respectable" crowd at the ARIAs.

Yeah right.

Me? I think either act is excessive but am curious why one holds and the other doesn't.

With comments section

SMH - Entertainment Blog

definatley makes a good point........I'd love to see someone like Gary Sweet being pulled aside off the red carpet to be searched live on tv.

this is kinda OT but i didnt want to start a new thread. is anyone here familiar with what a "bumper" is? it sort of looks a bit like a bullet, you put powder in it, turn it upside down and it "loads" then you open the top and theres a little dose in there to snort.

[Edit- To answer your question, yes it is against the guidelines to request information on the availability OR pricing of street drugs, pharmaceuticals or anything else. Please read the guidelines before postsing. lil angel15]

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive always thought this, pisses me off, if they sent dogs there, all the high profile people would pull some strings and start a massive media campaign about how sniffer dogs are ruining our civil liberties, since the cops don't want that since they still want to appear to be catching drug takers, they go for the younger, less influential people, who the media and general public love to see busted =\.

Also, This_is_my_alias, they usually sell them as herb dosers i think :S

this is kinda OT but i didnt want to start a new thread. is anyone here familiar with what a "bumper" is? it sort of looks a bit like a bullet, you put powder in it, turn it upside down and it "loads" then you open the top and theres a little dose in there to snort.

Bump bottles are or were quite fashionable with some coke and even ketamine users. they are now Illegal in most if not all states afaik

As for the article; yes these things need to be said, and repeatedly. Let's just hope more and more noise is made about these issues.

i find it so odd that the person who bumped this thread of 2 years asks a question totally non related!

maybe im odd, but it makes me smile.

Yeah.....

This_is_my_alias, what made you chose this thread, and not one thats like, more recent than 2 years :S

phase_dancer said:
Bump bottles are or were quite fashionable with some coke and even ketamine users. they are now Illegal in most if not all states afaik

Really? A well known store in Melbourne happily sold one (that was on display) late last year??

Flinch said:
Yeah.....

This_is_my_alias, what made you chose this thread, and not one thats like, more recent than 2 years :S

I just typed SNORT into the search engine and pretty much posted in the first one that came up. I didnt want to start a NEW thread... :)